[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: oats-in-wooden-spoon.jpg (53 KB, 550x339) Image search: [Google]
oats-in-wooden-spoon.jpg
53 KB, 550x339
How does /fit/ eat their oats?
Also, can I eat raw oats? Like, straight out of the box, throw them into my greek yogurt or do they need to be soaked?
>>
I eat cooked old fashioned oats with a banana and peanut butter every morning. Also take handfuls of raw oats throughout the day when I feel like it. You'll be fine eating them raw, just keep something to drink close by.
>>
>>36321036
t-thanks senpai!
>>
File: 1454138970011.jpg (77 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1454138970011.jpg
77 KB, 690x460
If you add water and microwave like the bag says, you need the gas.

Shit is repulsive.
>>
I just pour water on raw rolled out oats and eat it. About 200 gramms every morning. My eyes get watery all the time while trying to push it down,but i got really good at it. I eat it in 20sec usually.
>>
Instant oats with a little cold milk is delicious
>>
nothing special nutritionally about cooking them

I usually just blend a cup into a protein shake.
>>
>>36321178
mine don't feel that rough... maybe I'm eating shit tier ones?
>>
Soak them overnight with some milk. Add a banana or some raisins for taste.
>>
why the fuck would you cook oats
>>
>>36320891
With a spoon
>>
I just pour in water till its eighth of an inch above the oats, microwave couple mins, cool down, then spend an hour eating it. The texture makes up for lack of taste to me.
>>
I put them in a bowl with a some chocolate whey protein and then milk it up

They were tough at first but I'm completely used to it now
>>
I make a porrige, just boil in water with a pinch of salt for a couple minutes until it's gooey and nice. Goes down quicker.
>>
>>36320891

>400 ml milk
>100 g oats
>20 g peanut butter
>1 scoop whey

Into the blender it goes.
>>
Cook your oats to reduce phytic acid
>>
>>36320891
buy bulk at whole foods.. regular organic not quick.

I often just pour coconut water or spring water over them.. maybe dosh on cinnamon or grind some sprouted pumpkin seeds or macadamia nuts. a little liquid stevia extract.. just let them soak for a bit and eat uncooked.

Is this bad? I have heard of anti-nutrients phytates or lectins
>>
>>36320891
I recommend activating them
>>
>boil oats in water
>add scoop of cookies n cream whey
>add sliced banana

GOAT. oats are my favorite meal of the day. why would you eat something you don't enjoy and have to force down?
>>
>>36321827

>1 scoop

Bro, do you even mutant?
>>
I put it together with milk in a pot, then heat it on a stove. Sometimes add some fruits for flavour.
>>
>>36320891
150ml almond milk
+
100ml oats ( measure them in retarded cups)
+
Shredded banana
+
(optional)Whey
=
GREATNESS
>>
>>36320891
i just throw them into a bowl with yoghurt
>>
cup n a half milk
pinch of salt
heat up
1 cup oats
tbs sugar
heat till boiling
cinnamon
>>
Why are oats so appealing to fitness enthusiasts? they're calorie/carb dense as fuuark and protein is pretty low
>>
>>36323372
because it's hard to hit carb goals on clean foods
>>
File: 1342549959799.jpg (562 KB, 800x1050) Image search: [Google]
1342549959799.jpg
562 KB, 800x1050
>>36320891
Cook with water and salt, when done add blueberries, honey and milk
>>
I eat raw oats. What I do is get a plastic container with lid. I put 2 cups raw oats. couple scoops of protein powder. some hersheys coco powder and a couple spoons of protein. I put the lid on and when I want to eat it I just add some water or milk and mix it together. Good amount of calories and protein and it makes an easy carry/meal out of it.
>>
>>36323372

Good source of complex carbs and arguably the easiest and tastiest whole grain to cook. Same reason brown rice is popular.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.