[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, anybody with diabetes here? I'm overweight, ate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1456214521047.jpg (158 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1456214521047.jpg
158 KB, 920x900
Hey guys, anybody with diabetes here?

I'm overweight, ate a completely horrible sugar filled diet throughout my childhood, and I just recently jumped on the gains and weight loss train.

I'm losing weight and trying to get healthy but I think it may be too late. I've been having some symptoms I think might mean I have diabetes.

Symptoms:
>constant fatigue
>normal (8 hours) sleep doesn't refresh me
>thirsty really often, drinking lots of water
>pinky toes have been numb/tingly for a few months

Does this sound like diabetes to you? How would I go about getting checked out for this. I'm a huge pussy and have never gotten my blood drawn. I've been avoiding this because I'm scared but I realize if I don't seek help for these things now I could seriously harm myself in the future.
>>
>>36317050
Dude the machines they got to test that shit now barely draw any blood. Don't die over this nonsense.
>>
>>36317074
yeah thanks man, I'm gonna talk to my parents about getting this stuff checked out. I really don't want to fuck my shit up forever with this.
>>
>>36317050

Glad to hear that you're making improvements. Keep hanging around fit for motivation.

That said ,see a doctor. Or at least visit web md / mayo clinic online to start. Don't take anything you hear on /fit too seriously, especially if you're talking about diabetes. That's potentially deadly stuff and most of us have no experience with it.

How much do you weigh, and your what's your height?
>>
Are you fat AND stupid? Go to the doctor dumbass and continue to lose weight.
>>
>>36317050
Take a test, and take better care of yourself. If you get the betus from bad habits you can frequently control it without meds if you change to a healthy lifestyle.
>>
>>36317050
The best time to get /fit/ was 10 years ago. The second best time is today. Don't let the beetus take the rest of your life.
>>
>>36317098
I'm just scared. But this is a step towards getting help. I realize that being scared and avoiding this is going to get checked out before I literally die or lose a foot or something.
>>
>>36317096
I was 250, then lost 50 pounds down to 198. then i got lazy and gained it all back and I'm sitting around 244 at 5'9. maybe gaining all that weight back fucked my shit up
>>
>>36317110

what exactly are you scared of? beyond the bloodwork, that is. Or is that it?
>>
>>36317110
Diabetes isn't that bad m8, for all it's worth, if you actually have it you are going to be forced to eat healthy instead of it simply beeing a life choice.
>>
>>36317126
scared of learning that I do have it I guess. in my head it was like if i ignore it it isn't real. but then i was like wait if I do that I could literally die.

I've always been afraid of hospitals and stuffed and just getting diagnosed with something life changing like diabetes is scary.
>>
>>36317120

250 at 5'9" is big, but if you're young (and you sound it) then you have time to make big changes to avoid any permanent damage to your body from obesity.

Congrats on losing 50lbs. You proved you can do it which means that you've overcome a huge psychological barrier. Now do it again, and stick to that diet/exercise regimen to keep it off. You're gonna make it, bro.
>>
>>36317050
>could seriously harm myself in the future
HAHAGAGAGA H GH C HAS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>36317134
>Diabetes isn't that bad m8

STFU. Don't normalize this shit. OP is in his 20s and diabetes is NOT something to be blown off. Young people should NOT have diabetes. That's a crisis situation.
>>
>>36317050
you just need a positive mental attitude
it's never too late to get better
>>
File: 1449725316316.jpg (87 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
1449725316316.jpg
87 KB, 700x933
>>36317145
Thanks man, and thanks everyone in this thread for encouraging me. I need to take better care of myself.

have a pretty gril
>>
>>36317169
I think what he meant was if I get checked out and alter my habits to take care of myself, I can still stay healthy and live a normal life.

this is serious but yeah
>>
>>36317176

when are you posting the pretty girl anon?
>>
>>36317135
>scared of learning that I do have it I guess.

That's OK, OP. It can be daunting at first. But a radical lifestyle change for the better is a necessity at this point, and something that can be fun and exciting. Keep coming back to /fit, be voracious in your fitness studies and then the transition won't seem to strange or alien or scary. It'll be familiar territory, instead. But you gotta keep learning and immersing yourself in /fit culture to maintain that. But like I said, it's actually fun. You'll begin to look forward to your workouts, to feel the burn and to admire your gains. Don't be scared. We got ur back.
>>
>>36317050
As others have said, get it checked out. @ 34 for the first time in my life I started having vision issues, went to an eye doctor who found nothing wrong except for some a minor stigma, went to a regular doctor and he said it was being caused by diabetes, I was -- like you, pretty crushed. Its one of those things that despite the fact I was literally the poster child for all the risk factors I still had this mentality it couldn't happen to me.

Since that time (8 months) ago, I've lost 55 lbs, I workout 3 days a week with weights, do something active everyday, eat a relatively low carb diet (only 150g of carbs a day, mostly in the form of veggies/oats/sweet potatoes/rice.

I saw my doctor again last month and my fasting blood sugar is within normal range. Not normal for someone with diabetes but literally normal. He asked to come in and redo the test to confirm; It was 120mg/dL lower then 8 months ago.

Get it done, but start making life style changes now.
>>
>>36317192

curse you! she IS pretty!
>>
>>36317050
Lift, pasta, rice and oats
No pastries, sodas, jam, honey
Fruit every other day
Your appetite will settle
Just walk everyday to relax and think about gains
>>
>>36317225

tell us how you feel about her in 8 months when you drop 50 pounds and stop being a weeb
>>
>>36317216

Nice gains, m8y.
>>
>>36317050
>Does this sound like diabetes to you? How would I go about getting checked out for this

Go to the doctor fatboy. Find out if you have fatabetes or not.
Either way, change your habits and read the fucking sticky.
>>
File: Audrey-Hepburn-2.jpg (69 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
Audrey-Hepburn-2.jpg
69 KB, 500x618
>>36317240

lol i'm 6'1" and 185. Not OP. And I'm no weeb. I just know a pretty girl when I see one. Her cuteness has universal appeal, like with Audrey Hepburn. You can't say that Audrey's not pretty.
>>
>>36317269

audrey hepburn also never dressed like an 11 year old japanese cartoon characterl and purposely made her facial expressions that of a retarded child looking at a mall santa
>>
>>36317192
op here, are you implying that girl isnt
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
tier

or are you saying >implying thats a woman
>>
>>36317284

That is undeniably true. But that's not what makes that other girl pretty. It's her facial features. I personally don't care about the clothes. That's an irrelevancy. A cute face is a cute face.
>>
>>36317292

she is a retarded attention-whore who wouldn't even be noticed if it wasn't for 8 pounds of make-up and a stupid hairstyle/outfit. i used to want you to get your life together. now i'm not so sure...
>>
>>36317292

Yeaaaahhh, that's not pretty.

That's just an average girl with a crazy haircut. And I don't care for the haircut. But to each their own.
>>
>>36317216
Nice man. I am very young so it is a surprise and I never thought this would happen to me but honestly what should I have expected eating like shit and literally eating like pure sugar and fast food all the time?

I hope to be like you one day and live healthy. Also I already wear glasses but my vision has been getting worse and I was actually about to make an appointment to get a new lense prescription because i almost cant see even with my glasses on
>>
>>36317301

are you 12 or a pedophile?
>>
>>36317316

average? she's probably 5'4 pushing 180. sub-par
>>
>>36317324

>>36317333

5'4" 180 lbs? I don't see her being that fat. She looks chunky, but in much of the West, chunky is pretty average, sad as that sounds. I'd guess her at 5'4" 145 lbs. No collarbones but face still has a clear jawline.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.