[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought pic related on amazon. will be delivered Monday.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: power rack.jpg (74 KB, 685x1021) Image search: [Google]
power rack.jpg
74 KB, 685x1021
Just bought pic related on amazon. will be delivered Monday.It has a lat pull down which is something I really wanted to add to my home gym.
>Is this /fit/ approved?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EJC990?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
>>
File: homegym.jpg (819 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
homegym.jpg
819 KB, 1536x2048
>>36315006
This is what I am working with right now , I really don't feel safe with heavy weight when I squat with this anymore
>>
>>36315006
>It has a lat pull down which is something I really wanted to add to my home gym.
You mean you never did pull ups in the mean time???
>>
>>36315006
Not sure why you need lat pulldowns if you could just do pull ups, but it's not my money. I don't see anything wrong with it.
>>
>>36315040
Of course I do pull ups , the lat pull down has alot of other uses that I haven't been able to do , like face pulls , tricep extentions , rows etc
>>
>buying a home gym when you can't even do pullups or chinups yet

mate, that's not how it works.

home gym is master race for a reason - people who lift at home aren't weak little faggots who need machines and pulley machines to lift.

I've been home-gyming for nearly 2 years now, out of 5 years lifting. I haven't even touched a pulldown in all of that time and my back development and overall strength is far better off because of me being strictly only able to do bodyweight and weighted chinups and pullups and barbell rows, instead of being able to be a little weak bitch using pulldowns and seated cable row machines which are fucking shit unless youre on tons of gear and just lifting for pump.
>>
I got somethign similar but its from like 20 years ago. Go a lat pulldown and chest fly machine built in. Its not a cage but its really sturdy. I love it.
>>
>>36315101
why not both?

I have lat pulldown and chin ups in my routine. the pulldown is nice too for triceps. Can add in tricep pulldowns at the end of a workout.
>>
>>36315101
When did I say I couldn't do pullupps or chinups?
You do know there are other uses for that right?
>>
>>36315129
thank you , and this is why I wanted this
>>
>>36315029
Hey anon do you like those blue forearm attactments?
>>
File: fat grips.jpg (147 KB, 844x1144) Image search: [Google]
fat grips.jpg
147 KB, 844x1144
>>36315145
Hell yeah , They are great , I highly recommend them
>>
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm going to need a squat rack for a home gym soon, and I want to get it as cheap as possible, since I already have a bench.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/191747346885?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Do you guys think this is a good idea? It says they can hold 390 pounds so it should last me a while, right?
>>
>>36315129
Should have just got a olympic tricep bar and done skullcrushes instead. They actually hit a major focus the long head of the tricep. Pushdowns just use the same parts of the tricep you're using when doing bench or ohp.

Learn the anatomy bro, it'll help you in your lifting.

Do only OVER HEAD tricep extension for your tricep isolation, not a direct pushdown.
>>
>>36315209
This is what i mean by a tricep bar.

Every home gym should have one.
>>
>>36315227
forgot pic
>>
>>36315176
well I guess if you are on a budget they will be fine , this is what I started out with , it's a little more money but well worth it IMO
http://www.sears.com/marcy-pro-2-piece-olympic-bench/p-00615958000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3
>>
>>36315101
I can already tell you look like shit
>>
>>36315101
please post pic
>>
>>36315029
That looks similar to the Olympic bench set I have. However, I have mine away from the wall and do bench on that side and all the other lifts on the other side (since the safeties and racks can be attached to either side). However the safeties don't go nearly far enough for squats, so I'd like to upgrade to a half-rack or power rack (with a standalone bench) before too long.
>>
>>36315291

>being this much of a shitter that you deny the fact that chinups/pullups (weighted/bodyweight) and Barbell Rows are 100x better than cable pulldowns and cable rows.

You just start lifting within the last 12 months haven't you?

Enjoy those no-gains from your pulldowns and seated rows LOL.
>>
>>36315338
Oh wait...I just noticed yours is detached...nvm. Mine is a Fitness Gear and the bench is attached to the rack.
>>
>>36315006
>Is this /fit/ approved?
It's all you need, if it has a bench or adjustable bench.

Hopefully you have a good barbell. If not, you'll figure it out quick eventually.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.