[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Doctors so wrong about everything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1426369140672.gif (517 KB, 147x162) Image search: [Google]
1426369140672.gif
517 KB, 147x162
Why are Doctors so wrong about everything?
>>
They're bought and paid for by the pharmaceutical drug companies.
>>
>>36314291
Doctor gave me fit approved diet total bro and she gave me addy
>>
They get too caught up in their "science" and close their eyes to the bigger picture. Happens to those who read SS as well.
>>
>>36314291
>go to doctor
>get sick
>go to dentist
>teeth hurt like fuck

Yeah, I quit going the day 4 nurses rolled in a crash cart because my RHR was 53. Might get the sniffles for a day or so once a year. Teeth are white and healthy. I'm convinced that pick thing the dentist uses is to create pockets in your enamel for bacteria to get in and cause cavities.
>>
Most doctors don't spend much time studying kinesiology

They're busy dealing with people who have cancer or heart disease or the fucking sniffles
>>
>>36314670
man, I'm a tinfoil hat kind of guy, but that shit is just off the charts

You might be right tho
>>
>>36314692
In med school, we get like a single digit number of hours dedicated to nutrition and exercise each, and it's all vague shit like "trans fat bad", "cardio good", "old woman need calcium". Unless they've had additional training they've gone out of their way to receive, the average doc knows fuck-all about nutrition and training for athletes, and are apt to saying shit like "have an egg with breakfast for your protein," or "be sure to not lift anything more than 100lbs/arbitrary weight".
>>
>>36314767
In 100 years we're going to look at medical practice now like we look at medieval shit
>>
>>36314670
i went to the dentist once and didn't get my usual dental hygienist. this one got ahold of a tooth with the metal hook thing, yanked upward causing me to physically reach for my mouth to prevent her from doing any more damage. after the cleaning i told her that tooth was sore and she told me i needed to take better care of my teeth.

TL;DR never get anyone but your usual dental hygienist and be kind to them because they can fuck you up too
>>
>>36314818
I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed by a surgeon with bear hands and it was less painful than my last "cleaning."
>>
>>36314411
See above post
>>
>>36314767
Can confirm.

I literally got more useful info from /fit/ about health and fitness than I did from med school.

When I asked a teacher how to get further training in nutrition after a lecture he was just like
>1. Why?
>2. You don't. I did, and other doctors laugh at me
>3. Just refer them to a nutritionist.

Fucking stupid.

But I learned in my undergrad so it's not too bad. I find the swole as fuck dudes in med school are much less likely to be bro-scientists. They just say "yeah, I dunno, aye?"
>>
>>36314838
Man, that must have been difficult.

Surgical training is hard enough with human hands.
>>
>>36314900
There's a picture in his office of him holding 3 softballs in one hand, palm down. He's the largest person I've ever seen.
>>
>>36314291

It's a combination of two different reasons, and unfortunately there's no way for you to know which reason it is in your specific case:

1. Money

2. They're not, you are.

In other words, you're literally not even qualified to judge whether or not a doctor is right or wrong about something.
>>
>>36314670
I have two dark spots on my molars (everything else is perfectly white) and I refuse to go to the dentist, because I know they'll do some weird shit and pick around and I'll come out of there with a massive fucking toothache.
>>
>>36314291
Because they dont acquire their medical judgment from an anime imageboard
>>
>>36314291
General practitioners are nothing more than walking encyclopedias. They spend all of their time and effort filling their brains with information and zero time thinking critically.

It's actually a big problem in the medical profession right now because new information is being churned out at a rate faster than is humanly possible to follow. Medicine is turning from a science back to faith because you can pick and choose studies to prove pretty much anything.

Once in a blue moon you'll run across an exception and those doctors are truly amazing. I wish I could be one of those people and not sitting on 4chan hiding from my bitch wife ('s son.)
>>
>>36315454
Dark spots usually are nothing unless your teeth are ded. You would probably know if that was the case. You're gonna make it bro.
>>
>>36314291
Why are vegans so wrong about meat?
>>
>>36315502
>anime imageboard

You mean Mongolian Banana Harvesting Forum?
>>
>>36314291
They don't lift.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.