[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the general consensus on this : Does weed affect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: weed.jpg (534 KB, 699x640) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
534 KB, 699x640
What's the general consensus on this :

Does weed affect your memory if you smoke one bowl every night after studying?
>>
>>36314161

Does it matter. We are all going to die anyway and nothing in life has a point. Just fucking get high if you want to. It's better than sitting moping in your sadness
>>
I dunno about all of that but I couldn't eat all the calories I'm supposed to if it weren't for weed.
>>
Honestly it's stupid to smoke anywhere near studying. It effects retention of information from anywhere between 40~50% less than if you didn't smoke.

Smoke for working out or chilling with peeps, and of course chronic pains.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>36314161
I would generally treat it like alcohol (though it is obviously far less harmful).

>Would you get drunk every night after studying?
>Is it a good idea to get drunk every day?

If you smoke weed every day then you'll probably turn into a memory loss statistic.
>>
>>36314195
>a
>>36314222

I just take a lot of stims to study like caffeine and ephedrine and it helps me fall asleep. I don't smoke more than a bowl
>>
>>36314172
RFRA legality

^_^
>>
>>36314195
Categorizing information is simple. Weed feels great, so it gets learning out of ADD into earnestness.
>>
File: 1454844338100.jpg (52 KB, 505x504) Image search: [Google]
1454844338100.jpg
52 KB, 505x504
im high right now but now as high as my dad as he abuses sleeping pills and alcohol
>>
Weed affects your memory in that it makes it harder to concentrate on one thing fully. If you don't pay as much attention to something, you won't remember it as well.
>>
>>36314161
I've smoked every day for the past 7 months. If you don't keep yourself mentally active, you might start to notice memory issues. As long as you don't let your brain turn to mush the other 90% of the time, smoking weed every day shouldn't hurt your memory much.

Inhaling smoke every day will make cardio really hard.
>>
>>36315343
Great point, vaping is your best option. Not only are you not inhaling smoke but you are also getting the most thc possible.
>>
>>36315388
We need a cheap way to vape as a replacement for joints and blunts, then nobody would have any problems
>>
>>36315405
Making oil.
>>
Neurobro reporting it. It affets working and priming based memory, but it may actually help you recall the information better overtime via LTP.
>>
>>36314195
>>36314222
D.A.R.E. graduates
>>
>>36314195

citation needed
>>
>>36314172
This proves that every single stoner I've met is a YOLO SWAG faggot
If your ultimate goal is to die then why even lift ?
>>
>>36314161
My motto for weed is
Do all your work first
Smoke weed later
because weed makes me tired as shit
>>
Weed absolutely affects your memory. Every stoner I've ever been around has the worst memory ever. Goddammit Zack quit telling me the same fucking story every time that we work together.
>>
How would smoking once every 14th day or 30th day affect your memory?
>>
>>36315503
I sold pot to university professors. Head of neuroscience and the math dept. head were two of my most frequently customers. I managed to graduate with a degree in physics even though I smoked weed every day and dabbled in just about every other psychedelic out there.

Like anon said, keep your mind busy with academic and otherwise pursuits and you're golden.
>>
>>36314367
lol are you me? does he also smoke with you
>>
File: weed chems and cures.jpg (828 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
weed chems and cures.jpg
828 KB, 1500x1500
>>36314161
I think it can mess with it, but it depends on how strong the weed is. I know there are definitely times where I can't focus well after a bowl of super sour diesel or whatever.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.13342/abstract
Working memory appears to be affected, but a cigarette will negate that effect.
>>
>>36315411
Oil isn't cheap, well not as cheap as weed. And smoke oil negates the purpose so you need a rig and torch.
>>
Can't focus, but I can definitely perceive things better. I get very introspective and deep. I am able to tap into my subconscious.

For studying? Wouldnt recommend it before. If you're done? Only if you will commit to reciting what you studied.
>>
>>36315477
>Lifting will halt my inevitable death
>>
>>36314161
What you do today echoes a lifetime. Sure weed isn't as harmful as alcohol or cocaine but why do it?
Why hinder your full potential?
Why hinder what you can be?
I know this sounds fedora tier but really think about it.

Replace getting high with a runners high. Bam. Now you are healthier with a better heart and brain.
>>
>>36316581
I took a month long break from smoking weed and without a doubt it helps my asthma. So if I don't smoke weed then I can't run, and subsequently get a runner's high as well.
>19 years of asthma
>have taken countless NSAIDs, LABAs, steroids, bronchodilators, ect
>smoking weed working the best(but yeah vaping would be better)
>>
>>36315437
>>
Yes absolutely. Been smoking for about 8 years. Generally do 2 years on 1 off, all day every day style.

No lasting effects, even any minor ones, other than memory.

I think it has to do with sleep, weed ruins REM sleep and obviously that is what memory requires
>>
>>36315437
Not that guy, but everyone i know that smokes more than once a day every day is a fucking loser

I love weed, but you cant do it every day. its mentally addicting and fucks with your body's natural mood control

I use it as a treat, had a big test, ill have a bowl to relax
>>
>>36317181
>>36315437
Also im talking long term

smoking every day for a week or tws not gonna hurt you
>>
>>36314212
WEED
>>
>>36314161
OP that sounds so fucking good lol
>>
OP here.

I'm like on stims all the time.. be it caffeine, adderall, whatever, to study for my classes.

So it seems like the general consensus is that smoking a bowl every night would affect my working memory. Are there any other things I can use to fall asleep more easily (besides melatonin)
>>
definitely. your long term memory will remain unscathed but there is a noticeable effect on short term memory
>>
>>36315477
because I enjoy it, just as I enjoy some cannabis on occasion
>>
I enjoy it a lot on occasion, however smoking more frequently (over 4 times a month) fucks up my short-term memory and makes me irritable af
>>
As long as you can focus on other things other than smoking you're fine

Ex. Once you stop skipping classes/the gym to go smoke you should really stop.
>>
A whole bowl is probably excessive, I have anxiety, stress-related problems, and insomnia. I used to just use a one-hitter before bed in college when I wasn't exhausted enough to just pass out.
minimal consumption for minimal consequences, OP.
>>
>>36314161
any drugs use is going to fuck you up. only dopes do dope bro
>>
>>36317204
LMAO
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 383x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 383x361
Ex stoner here

Used to smoke 2 bowls a day for a little less than a year and a half, and maybe a couple times a week before that for two years.

I can definitely say that smoking pot ruined my memory. Before I smoked on the regular I was sharp, clear headed and focused all the time. While smoking I didn't notice it but I began having less memory of things in the past. It's hard for me now to remember things that happened in high school sometimes. You might get a little bit of memory help in the short term but in the long term it will fuck you over.

I don't regret smoking weed but I do regret smoking as much as I did. I absolutely lost a few brain cells from smoking every day. Don't do what I did kids
>>
>>36314161
>>36314161
i smoked pretty much every day for half a year and i feel like i lot some shirt term memory capacity, sometimes i forget what i was talking about and things like that.
getting better and better again with time btw
>>
>>36314161
Mostly affects your short term memory. I used to be really annoying when high because I would forget whatever just happened. Now that I stopped tree years ago, every so often my mind still skips. It's like skipping backwards a couple seconds on a cd and it never happened once before I smoked pot.

Stuffs fun and the effects are very minimal, but it does have long term effects. Worth noting, I only did it like once a week for half a year or so, longer use is bound to have compounded effects.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.