[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here box? What is it like? Any pros and cons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: mindset-of-a-champion.jpg (43 KB, 550x364) Image search: [Google]
mindset-of-a-champion.jpg
43 KB, 550x364
Anyone here box? What is it like? Any pros and cons?
>>
i box. It is very fun. I have been sparring for a little while now, training to get my first amateur fight soon.

The thing with boxing is that it is VERY a cardio driven sport with a ton of technical aspects to it.
I have been at it almost two years and i still consider myself a beginner when it comes down to it. It takes years and years of dedication to become any good which tends to discourage most people.\
If you want to get good at boxing, best start doing an hour or two of cardio every day :)

The squats and deads do carry over to punching power tho! (its all in the hips)
>>
>>36309243
Pretty much this. I did combat sports for 2 years and still consider myself somewhat of an inexperienced fighter. Very great cardio, but don't expect to keep a lot of your gains if you switch over
>>
>>36309195
I did box for two months during a work placement abroad. Best choice in my life so far.
I went to the gym 5 times a week, everything wa just perfect. My body changed, my reflexes too.
You should try it.

You don't have to spar if you are afraid but I think it's better

One of the best sport I did in my life
>>
>>36309195
I box and enjoy it. I was always a pussy growing up, I wasn't scared of fighting but I just seemed to be lacking in timing, technique, ability to actually hit people without being hit first.

I started boxing so i could learn some self defense; 7 years later and it's changed me deep down to my core. It gave me confidence; not just that i can protect myself but confidence to be myself. Sparring is great fun too; it's the ultimate competition. I've got a fight in 11 days (on the 19th) and I'm currently trying to drop weight. Training is the fun part; the shitty part is when you've been at work for 12 hours and you're exhausted and you've still gotta go training; or having no social life because you gotta go training 5 evenings in the week when it's close to fight time and your friends only hang out on evenings.

Also. It's hard as fuck to start dating and also get ready for a fight. Either you're committed to training or you're investing in a new pussy hole; it's different if it's a partner you're settled with but if it's a new venture then you're gonna struggle.

But get into it. It's the best thing I ever did in life and i don't ever see a time when I won't be involved in boxing (although as I'm getting older I'm starting to worry about my brain impact more; I'm probably going to make the move to judo or something sometime in the next couple years)
>>
I have a good face and I don't want to mess it up. Can I still box? Also do Oly lifts help with boxing significantly or not really?
>>
>>36309195
I'm 5'6 and I box so I can lay out tall faggots that fuck with me and bars and clubs
>>
>>36311207
How do you reach their face without a manlet stool?
>>
>>36311222
Real funny
We'll be face to face in seconds when you fall to your knees in front of your girl
>>
>>36309296
This is dumb as fuck. I box heavyweight and have maintained my gains from the years of lifting i did before i started boxing. If anything ive gained muscle.
>>
>>36311377
It's genetics. I also keep my gains even if I eat fucking nothing.
>>
>>36309296
Don't listen to this kid. You can 100% keep your gains, just keep lifting and eating properly. You'll most likely want to switch to a higher rep scheme if you were powerlifting, but that's it. Source: am heavyweight boxer
>>
>>36311349
I don’t give a fuck who you are or where you live. You can count on me to be there to bring your fucking life to a hellish end. I’ll put you in so much fucking pain that it’ll make Jesus being nailed to a cross in the desert look like a fucking back massage on a tropical island. I don’t give a fuck how many reps you have or how tough you are IRL, how well you can fight, or how many fucking guns you own to protect yourself. I’ll fucking show up at your house when you aren’t home. I’ll turn all the lights on in your house, leave all the water running, open your fridge door and not close it, and turn your gas stove burners on and let them waste gas. You’re going to start stressing the fuck out, your blood pressure will triple, and you’ll have a fucking heart attack. You’ll go to the hospital for a heart operation, and the last thing you’ll see when you’re being put under in the operating room is me hovering above you, dressed like a doctor. When you wake up after being operated on, wondering what ticking time bomb is in your chest waiting to go off. You’ll recover fully from your heart surgery. And when you walk out the front door of the hospital to go home I’ll run you over with my fucking car out of no where and kill you. I just want you to know how easily I could fucking destroy your pathetic excuse of a life, but how I’d rather go to a great fuckng length to make sure your last remaining days are spent in a living, breathing fucking hell. It’s too late to save yourself, but don’t bother committing suicide either… I’ll fucking resuscitate you and kill you again myself you bitch-faced faggot. Welcome to hell, population: you
>>
>>36311397
bullshit. I honestly think youre fishing here but whatever, you got your reply
>>
>>36311463
People who make eye contact with me in clubs and bars.... Breaking my concentration. It makes me wanna go up to them and grab them by their collar and say "You think you're tough? Do something. Fucking do it. I want you to, I know you want to, so fucking do it. Not gonna do it?? You Disney bitchmade pussies ain't hard. You ain't shit. I could smell the Disney on you when I walked into the place. You give me that smart ass look again when I'm in here and I will end you. End. You." Lol you'd probably shit himself because your not used to people talking to u like that. I can recognize submissive bitchmade Disney pussies like that. And they ain't hard. They ain't shit.
>>
>>36311710
I have no idea what you mean by "Disney bitchmade" but you seem to enjoy calling people it
>>
>>36311523
>huurrr everyone is as genetically challenged as me and needs to roid and lift for 8 months before even looking like they lift
>some people aren't naturally more predisposed to building and maintaining muscle

Kill yourself
>>
>>36311397
You're a fucking moron
>>
>>36312018
>jealous untermensche

How does it feel to be inferior?
>>
Pros
>Some find it fun

Cons
>Will probably develop brain damage and/or kill your family when you're in your 40s
>>
>>36311710
>>36311463
>>36311222
>>36311349
samefag
>>
>>36312304

Sounds like my kind of sport.
>>
>>36310796
Hope you'll win your fight bro
>>
>>36310796
Good luck on your fight, breh.
>>
>>36311349
> on my knees
> face to face

keep dreaming.
>>
>>36309243
Why does /fit/ have all these ''''''''martial artists''''''''' that talk a big game but never have video evidence or photos with timestamps to prove it? You can go into any /plg/ and see people post videos, webms, photos, etc. But the self proclaimed martial artists just like to leave a big fat comment and then disappear when you ask them for evidence.

Fuck off with your fantasies you delusional little boy.
>>
>>36313953
Lol. Told you faggots. All the sudden the thread is dead. And all the martial artists are gone.
>>
>>36309195
I did boxing for a couple of years.
Pros:
- cardio
- fun (after-workout high is awesome)
- technique is easy and rewarding to learn
- you'll feel lighter on your feet after the first few months
Cons:
- you can lose eye, nose, teeth, w/e, and suffer serious brain damage if you do lots of real boxing matches, or even a single intense one can be enough.
- you most likely won't get much gains, but if you do proper nutrition, it shouldn't be a problem.

So yeah, boxing is awesome if you don't do real matches and just practice for fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 731x661) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 731x661
>>36310796
>Training is the fun part

I was led to believe that training was the worst?

Anyways- I wanna begin boxing and hopefully become a pro. But I also start uni soon. Is it possible?
>>
Me and my friend want to start boxing because two of our other friends box. I'm a skinnyfag, how can I prepare?
>>
>>36313953
Lol this comment is so fucking true. I love how everyone ignores it as well. If this was /plg/ this comment would have been proven wrong by numerous people. But in these cringy martial arts threads with all these fake wanna-be martial artists, it get's ignored. Just goes the show the type of people that browse /fit/
>>
>>36311181
>don't want to mess it up

That's not gonna happen mang. Even of you by so miracle manage to avoid getting your teeth/nose/whatever safe, you're going to develop a lot of scar tissue in your face if you box seriously.

It's why Ali was noted to be particularly handsome compared to literally near everyone else in the game. He's the one in a million that didn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 600x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 600x768
>>36314686
>>36311181

Pic related.
>>
>>36314637
Cardio. You will be ahead of the game is you have a good gas tank.
>>
>>36314707
he cant talk now though lmao
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.