[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long Femurs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ss+(2016-03-08+at+11.27.14).png (7 KB, 353x208) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-08+at+11.27.14).png
7 KB, 353x208
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?!?!?

Since I started lifting in October 2014, I have a total cumulative time squatting of 5 months thanks to fucking injuries to my knees and other random injuries.

Squatting 3 times per fucking week and benching 1.5 and I'm almost benching more than I squat. Since I've been unable to squat for almost 2 months now(on my second fucking knee injury) my bench is probably higher than my squat now.

How the fuck is this fair?
>>
>>36308115
Iktfb.
Lifehack: work on abductor flexibility, learn to squat with a really wide stance.
>>
>>36308115

Unless you're competing, nobody gives a shit that your squat is lagging
>>
>>36308145
I was fine for a while and started making some gains but suffered a fucking exertion headache. When I came back to squatting 2 weeks later my knees started to hurt. Fucking stupid.
>>
>>36308115
what are your goals? If you are lifting to look good, this is not necessarily a problem.
>>
>almost 2pl8 the press
>proficient

Holy fuck bruh you the size of pluto or something fattie bom bom?
>>
>>36308168
Just general strength and size. I give a shit more about strength and performance though.
>>
>>36308177
6'4, 245lbs, 23% BF
>>
>>36308155
>exertion headache
You might have looked into it already but it might help to make sure you're breathing continuously when you lift.
>>
>>36308178
Ok, well just keep chugging away at the squats then. I have a bulged disk so my squat is pretty close to my bench, given how slowly I've had to progress on squats. Know the feel.
>>
>>36308189
I was breathing like a fat fuck on his second set of stairs while doing 205lbs for sets of 10 reps and suffered it right at the end of the fucking set. Bullshit ass dogshit. Not the first I suffered an exertion headache from squatting either.
>>
What's your program, OP?
>>
>>36308233
Lifting weights. Just a modified SS with a mix of the texas method.

A: squat 3x5, OHP 3x5, deadlift 2x5
B: squat 3x5, bench 3x5, rows 3x5

xAxBxAx|xBxAxBx for like the first year

just recently switched to

Bench: monday - 5x5@80%PRforthatweek, wednesday - 3x5@80%mondayweight, friday 1x5@PRforthatweek

Back accessories: 3x5 assisted pullups widest grip, 1x15@60% 1x10@70% 1x5@80% random back machine, 3x15@60% lat pulldowns.

Everything else remained the same.
>>
>>36308422
back accessories every training session
>>
>>36308422
If you're getting consistently injured, and it's not a form issue, seems to me like you're pushing it too hard.
Maybe consider swapping to something with slower progression, like 5/3/1.
>>
>>36308560
5/3/1 is a maintenance program.
>>
>>36308568
No it isn't
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.