[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to have a bmi somewhere between 25 and 30? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Wojak.png (8 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.png
8 KB, 512x512
Is it okay to have a bmi somewhere between 25 and 30? I don't work out and don't plan on either.
>>
No. What the fuck did you even come here for if you weren't going to try?

Also, you don't even have to exercise to not be fat, just eat less
>>
File: zyzz2.jpg (72 KB, 482x720) Image search: [Google]
zyzz2.jpg
72 KB, 482x720
>>36304827

Eat less fatty. 25-30% wtf.

Also lift pussy
>>
>>36304844
I mean I don't feel fat but just learned I'm overweight since I'm 6ft 200 lbs. I've always felt pretty average.
>>
>>36304851
I miss him :(
>>
>>36304867

The average is overweight in most of the west
>>
>>36304867
BMI was never meant for studying individuals it was developed to study populations
>>
>>36304851
Stop posting that dead faggot
>>
>>36304878
200 lbs @ 6" ain't bad if you've got decent lifts, which he doesn't lift so he's probably pretty doughy unless he's got some years of manual labor under his belt

I'm 5'11" 220 and feel pretty fat and have pretty shit lifts too
>>
>>36304888
Calm down, autismo

Zyzz inspired a lot of people to get /fit/ and that's a good thing

Is his lifestyle of hard drug use and gay sex something to be admired? Obviously not but who among us without sin
>>
BMI is shit
go get your body fat percentage measured

sorta related
>muh bmi
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-adolescents-diabetes-risk-idUSKCN0W92ID
>>
>>36304827

Why the fuck are you here?
>>
>>36304907

BMI is a fine measure for those without serious strength training, IE, 99% of everyone, including OP
>>
>>36304827
No, it's never OK to not work out.
>>
>>36304925
No it's not, there's simply too much variation between individuals for such a simple metric to work

See>>36304880
>>
>>36304905
That's like saying fake natties on youtube are doing a good thing by misleading people into thinking they can get results like them naturally. These frauds are making young men insecure with their bodies and sadly many will turn to steroids.
>>
>>36304944
>These frauds are making young men insecure with their bodies
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>36304937

But it works fine, it has great predictive power. And on individuals that it won't work, it's obvious why, they're swole as fuck

The study you posted found a stronger link between ADOLESENT fitness and adult diabetes than ADOLESENT BMI and adult diabetes. This is because habbits are what will determine what happens to your weight as you get older. A sedentary skinnyfat teen will just get regular fat as their activity level drops
>>
I have a friend who has a BMI between 25 and 30, and looks like a chubbyfat 30-something year old.

he's always whining that the hot, thin 20-year old girls ignore him in favor of men who actually work out and go to the gym

he refuses to work out though, so that leaves him to complain all the time
>>
>>36304967
BMI doesn't take in account things like bone density and body composition which is why it's shit for individual analysis
>>
>>36304990
nigga, do you think OP's BMI is 25-30 because he's so swole and full of muscle? He says he doesn't work out
>>
>>36305006
He probably is fat but you can't say for sure without also accounting for bone density and existing muscle mass

Amongst people who do not lift or play sports some will naturally have more muscle than others
>>
>>36305031

he's a fat fuck and you're probably a dyel fat fuck
>>
>>36304990

The total mass of the skeleton and organs will vary little from person to person, other than by height and sex, unless they are severely diseased. The same goes for muscles, for all but serious strength intensive athletes, and body builders
>>
>>36305031

Bone density plays an insignificant role in body weight unless you are literally dying
>>
>>36305041
'no'
>>
>>36305056

Yes.
>>
>>36304958
It's true though and you're the victim.
>>
>>36304827
If it's fine with you it's perfectly okay. It wouldn't be fine with me
>>
>>36304867

>>36304878
This.
It's why the fat girls keep saying normal women are skeletons or need to eat more.
When everyone around you is a fat cunt, it skews your view of normal sizes.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.