[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just dropped 700 bucks on a barbell, a squat rack, bench, a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: iIk5JFY.jpg (260 KB, 535x1000) Image search: [Google]
iIk5JFY.jpg
260 KB, 535x1000
I just dropped 700 bucks on a barbell, a squat rack, bench, a bunch of weights, some floor pads, and some other shit for my home gym. Convince me I fucked up, /fit/. Never will I wait for the fuckin squat rack again.
>>
im noticing a lot of nudity on /fit/ lately, also you're just going to hang laundry off your squat rack, idk what it is but I simply cannot work out at home
>>
>>36304506
Yup
>>
>>36304506
Too many distractions, if I had to guess.
>>
You wont regret it desu.

You might miss the gym atmosphere but that's about it.
>>
>>36304298
Pays for itself after about 3 years... Great investment if you plan on lifting at home at least 3 times per week for the next 5 years or more...
>>
Do you live alone? If so, keep a phone within reach. You did good anon.
>>
One of the best purchases of my life, OP. You won't regret it.
>>
I'm in a small work gym with awesome equipment and so don't have to wait for shit, I've got stuff at home too but rather go to the gym because of the atmosphere, seeing the stronger dudes around is motivating. Also they have equipment I don't have but might want to use at times, like heavy dumbells, kettle bells, a ghr, and different cardio machines for my warm ups/cool downs.
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
>>36304298
>that rendering
mfw
>>
>>36304298
>He didn't find an underground gym
>>
>>36304599
>gym atmosphere
You mean a bunch of poo in loos taking up too much space and smelling badly, all the idiot dyel's who irritate me, and all the other morons who can never put their weights back? I'll miss it so much
>>
>>36304298
you will destroy your floor within a month and have to redo it. you neigboors will complain about the extra noise, you will lift alone for ever.
>>
>>36304298
>700 bucks
>not getting an oculus rift
>>
>>36304298
well, as long as you picked the 700 bucks up again, I don't see anything wrong with it
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 396x385
>>36308786
>>
>>36304298
You didn't fuck up OP. I have a homegym and it is heaven. I hate when I travel and have to use an actual gym now.
>>
Genius fucking move opie. You never have to wait for shit, no one complains about noise from deadlifts, theres always motorhead playing when you do a heavy set, you dont have to wear earphones, and even if you decide it was a bad idea, you can cash back out as the secondary market is pretty strong.

It sounds like you have a good start, but if you have things you want to add, make sure you keep half an eye on postings for used equipment. Try to think ahead to what you will need next to progress and buy it when it's cheap used rather than waiting until you need it and having to pay retail to get it right away.
>>
>>36308786
>Carlos!
>>
What setup did you buy? I'm thinking about doing the same.
>>
>>36304298
Good job anon. I have had a similar set up since last summer. Probably one of the greatest investments for my personal life ever. Yes I use clips on warm up.
>>
>>36304298
Good job OP. welcome to the master race.
>>
>>36304626
My calculation were giving me 1.5 years: €40/month gym and €700 for the whole homegym. Where am I wrong?
>>
>>36304298
wear the fuck did you get all that gear for just 700 bucks
>>
>>36310642
>tfw about to spend 2.2k on a 190kg bumper set, homemade paltform, and squat stands

will still need a bench after, but I can just get it off CL
>>
>>36304298
Bought my own gear one month ago, trained 6 mornings a week since.
Shit's awesome.
No squat rack though, I pistol squat with a plate like it's 1910's hungary.
>>
>>36304298
I used to have a home gym in my old house. Was great desu. Lifting wise it's all benefits. Only downside is the gym is a good place to get out of the house and meet people.
>>
>he fell for the lifting meme
>>
>>36304298
Livin the dream breh.
I'm a little envious desu.
>>
>>36304506
>>36304547
>>36304580
>being a fucking retard
Don't listen to them op, home gym here, working out ain't a problem if you're not retarded
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.