[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw didn't drink yesterday for the first time in a month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 9
File: beer.jpg (312 KB, 2048x1418) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
312 KB, 2048x1418
>tfw didn't drink yesterday for the first time in a month or so
>tfw woke up soaked in sweat like 8 times last night

anyone ever had this problem? I feel tired as fuck today and want to lift but I'm exhausted
>>
>>36297135
That's withdrawal m8
>>
>>36297135
hello darkness my old friend
>>
>>36297161
After only a month of heavy drinking? I thought that took years
>>
>>36297237
>only a month of heavy drinking

that's pretty serious m8 tbqh

I've done it before and in hindsight I was an addict

I didn't like the booze really but everything associated with it (primarily drunk girls)
>>
>>36297279
Did you sweat during sleep when you stopped? It was gross I was sweating from my head to my feet literally soaked
>>
>>36297330
Yes I sweat like a pig for a couple of nights and got terrible sleep. You'll probably get a couple of headaches and be moody too during the day.
>>
>>36297135
Welcome to withdrawals, ya junkie fuck
>>
get your drinking under control before you can't do it at all anymore. Sobriety is very lonely.

I've been dry a year and a half and i'm still struggling with the solitude. I spetn so long as a drunken recluse that no one wants anything to do with me anymore.
>>
if you start shaking and feel like general ass you should go to the hospital
>>
>>36297440
I don't feel bad it's just the night sweats and tiredness
>>
>>36297135
take the day off of the gym and drink lots of water. Eat something salty. just lie down.

A month long bender can mess you up for quite some time.
>>
File: ecards_paar[1].jpg (234 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
ecards_paar[1].jpg
234 KB, 600x468
>>36297135
if you sweat a lot you need to drink more.
>>
>>36297521
if I drink regularly will I look that good and pull blonde 9/10s like he did?
>>
>>36297521
This OP
>>
>>36297485
Yeah man I didn't think it would be this bad when I stooped
>>
File: ecards_freunde[1].jpg (274 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
ecards_freunde[1].jpg
274 KB, 600x468
>>36297574
no this ad tries to make you realize that drinking fixes lightning, posture and angles. Please pay close attention.
>>
>>36297682
>lightning
>>
>>36297485
This

You're probably dehydrated as fuck from drinking everyday. I was an alcoholic for 2 years and had the night sweats and all that shit
>>
>>36297135
how's drinking your way to obesity coming?
or are you managing to work off the 2kcal of liquid carbs and 1k of solid food you eat
you fucking degenerate
get your shit together

THIS IS CALLED *WITHDRAWAL*
>>
>>36297769
I'm not fat
>>
You were drunk for a month straight and wonder why you have withdrawal symptoms kek
>>
>>36298321
My dad's drank like I did for a month for 20 years
>>
>>36298362
Wow
>>
Dude just keep drinking up. Before I go to the gym I drink to the point between buzz and smashed.

I'm stronger drunk
>>
Just take one shot every morning when you wake up, afternoon for lunch and evening before you go to bed.

Before you know it you'll be fine and won't need it anymore. Worked for me, at least.
>>
>>36297135
I've been clean 3 days op stick with it I feel loads better and I know I'll drop
Weight cuz I've been drinking 1200 plus cals a night in beers
>>
>>36299985
I'm way stronger drunk
>>
>>36300032
I'm stronger but I get winded faster so its a catch 22
>>
>>36299995
This
>>
>used to work at a restaurant
>dinner starts up at 5
>progressing just like any other Monday
>one of the servers seems a little off
>she's sweating and kind of shaky
>was going to ask her about it, but suddenly dinner rush
>everybody has a full section
>i'm getting my ass kicked when suddenly the host tells me I have extra tables on the opposite side of the restaurant
>obviously pissed off so I go down to see what happened
>server got sent home because she was having withdrawals and started breaking down
>even her customers knew and some said they could smell it on her
>apparently she couldn't go a few hours with alcohol
>all her tables get redistributed to the other servers
>never saw her again
>>
>>36297428
Yup. Truth. I am on 2 years sober now. The road has ruts in it and you stay in them. Get out before you meet the same fate.
>>
>>36297135
This may seem like bad advice but you really should drink a beer maybe two but no more than that. Like everyone is sayiing, it is indeed withdrawals..cut and dry.

Also, ingest vitamin B6. It help the body.
>>
>>36297769
the calories in alcohol aren't stored in the body like calories from other macros. they did a study and had some people drink like 8 beers a day vs a control not drinking and didn't find any noticeable weight difference. it's the drunk eating that gets you.
>>
>>36301330
I can confirm I was an alcoholic for 5 years and wasn't fat even though I drank a liter of whisky a day and went through 2 2 liter bottles of coca cola as mix each day
>>
>>36301187
'cause hopefully she got sober, and is now leading a full, happy and successful life.
>>
>>36301393
>implying you can't live a successful happy life while drinking heavily

my uncles a multi millionaire and is drunk all the time and goes on trips all over the world whenever he wants, some people can handle alcohol and some can't
>>
>Withdrawals

Lel, you can get these effects from 3-4 days heavy drinking. I tend to have one day + night really hungover, as in fucking ill / shaking / suicidal and then spend the next day + particularly night sweating buckets. Feel fine the next day. It's not withdrawal, just an extended hangover.
>>
>>36301431
I would kind of agree with this but there's a difference between "lol every time I see my uncle he's drunk" and someone actually getting hammered everyday. if you're doing the latter its inevitable that your drunken conduct will slowly ruin your life.
>>
>>36301475
you're asian aren't you?
>>
>>36301478
No I mean he's shit faced everyday, I lived with him for 3.years and he's still the same way
>>
>>36301475
This

Real withdrawal takes month/years of morning till night heavy drinking
>>
>>36301493
I'm white and I've been drinking for 11 years, the past 5 years I've been a medically diagnosed alcoholic. As someone who has gone through actual withdrawal, I'm just letting people know that sweats =/= withdrawal.
>>
>>36301546
damn. thats a fucking intense hangover for just four days of drinking, was going to guess you're one those gooks thats allergic to alcohol.
>>
>>36301610
When I say four days I mean wake up, drink, sleep, wake up, drink, sleep. So in four days I'll be drunk up to 8 times each time being ~50-70cl of spirits.

My hangovers only ever got worse the more I drank and the older I got. I'm not physically addicted to alcohol any more but mentally I sadly still can't quit, hence the benders.
>>
>>36301610
Kek when gooks drink
>>
>>36301684
>tfw I can go a week without drinking
>tfw as soon as I have 1 or 2 drinks I go on a 2 month long bender of being wasted every night until I pass out

fuck I love alcohol cheers boys
>>
>>36301684
Hard as fuck
>>
If you're not having a seizure you're fine
>>
You are an alcoholic. So yes other people get it. Other alcoholics. Like you. You're an alcoholic is what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>36302701
This, if you haven't had a seizure you're not an actual alcoholic
>>
>>36303400
>tfw alcoholic
>tfw know drug addicts
>tfw never sucked penis for drugs

Atleast I'm not on the side of the road sucking dick for heroin. Alcoholism is nothing compared to OD every month and sucking dick for money or robbing stores to get high
>>
Does this look like an AA support group to you?
>>
>>36303853
kek does this look like a fitness forum to you? we are on an anonymous animw furry forum
>>
>>36297135
I feel you my good man. I'm just 1 day off of a 3 days "withdrawl" after 7 days of binging. The shame is the worst, you know you're disgusting and weak-willed for drinking so much but you can't help it. Let a lot of people down too... Well, since I'm out of this mess it's time to fix what is fixable and move on.
>>
>>36301187

I'm sure this isn't super uncommon, there's lots of addicts in the restaurant industry, but just out of curiosity, where was this that it happened?

The exact thing happened at a restaurant I worked at fairly recently.
>>
>>36301747
Fuck are you me?

>turn 21 last April
>have a healthy relationship with alcohol, drinking to buzz but not more
>depression and sleep problems get worse, so alcohol does too
>cue six months of drinking myself to almost every night
>three weeks ago have enough and pour out my bottle of everclear
>shitty feeling for a couple days, but for a week after feel human again
>after that week my depression and sleep problems come back with a vengeance
>literally can't get out of bed without a massive struggle, barely sleeping
>turn back to alcohol again to function
>>
>>36301546
What about the general shakiness, irritability and anxiety?
>>
>>36297440
One month shouldn't get the DTs. It will suck for a few days but not that bad. He does need to rake a serious look at his drinking and his family history. Addiction is serious and will prevent you from gainz.
>>
>>36305822
Ah man that's the worst
>>
Just keep drinking and lifting weights and keeping your diet in check.

Literally what is the WORST that could happen.

Just don't drive drunk and break the law. I mean, you'll get kind of dependent on it but so what.

Do what the fuck you want cuz you'll die eventually anyway. Booze aint even that bad for you. People make it seem worse than it really is.
>>
>>36309173
>tfw people on here make it seem like drinking once a week will kill you
>tfw there is people out there who've been drunk 24/7 for decades
>>
>>36297135
Yes, that's alcohol withdrawal. It's predictable and can hit after a short period of heavy habitual drinking. I've had moderately severe alcohol withdrawal after a streak of 54 days drinking at least 13oz of liquor a day, which realistically isn't that much. Alcohol takes a dangerous hold over your body if you make it a habit.
That being said, drinking in moderation has never been an issue for me, or anyone else I've known, even when it involves binge drinking.
>>
>>36297330
drink some zero soda when you're feeling like shit, it will help your brain with the "drinking shit to function" thing, it was the only thing that maked me function after aa
>>
>>36309280
>tfw every time I drink heavily for days I end up feeling like shit for 3 days after
>>
>>36297485
Have a couple beers through out the day.Quitting all at once will fuck you up. You'll get the shakes all day amd wont be able to eat.
>>
>>36309608
This
>>
File: hcehv.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
hcehv.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>36297135
Happens to me after only a few day bender.

The nightmares will come soon, and expect to punch your wall a few times because you think your see spiders or some shit.

Don't worry friend, it's only terrifying the first few times.
>>
>>36310441
Trippy shit man
>>
>>36297135
Yo OP,

Been there done that. Sucks for a while, but you'll feel better soon enough.

You are likely suffering from Delirium Tremens, and you can read a bit more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

Expect several sleepless nights, excessive sweating, and horrible horrible nightmares.

I remember I had issues standing straight sometimes, and the nightmares holy fuck, we call them "lizard dreams" in Finland.

>dream of lizards all around you
>feel like a lizard
>sometimes wake up to yourself screaming cause your having lucid dreams that your are being choked out by the devil himself

A bit funny in hindsight, but I'm never going on that kind of bender again. Shit can fuck you up permanently.
>>
>>36311345
Shit
>>
>>36311345
You'll also feel like you're stroking every once in a while, like your brain is shutting off but you are completely aware of it happening

I honestly feel like you kind of have to fight the strokes off, when you feel your mind start slipping into that state you've got to immediately do something that activates your brain
>>
>>36311345
>>36311817
Have experienced these. The feeling like your brain turns off is really fucked up. Genuinely thought I was dead.
>>
>>36311881
I've had that happen too its fucked
>>
If you cut alcohol out completely it can lead to seizures and death (alcohol withdrawal syndrome). It's much safer to taper your use off. A man I used to lodge with cut it out cold turkey and had a seizure and the doctor told him to have a bit of alcohol everyday.
>>
File: heatenings.png (46 KB, 314x364) Image search: [Google]
heatenings.png
46 KB, 314x364
>>36311817
Yeah, and moments of absence. Like the lights are on, but nobody's home.

But really, the nightmares stuck with me the most. Another example:

>watching tv to fall asleep too
>finally fall asleep
>suddenly wake up in the dark but cant move any body parts
>someone is breaking through the door
>oh fuck.jpeg
>try to cough to make a sound so the would be burglar might change his mind
>cant get any sounds out
>filled with terror, and stress about the situation
>try to sit up and get up to confront a possibly murderous man
>still can't move at all, but am completely awake
>man is now walking inside the apartment
>scream
>SCREAM AS HARD AS I CAN
>Finally manage to scream and actually wake up to the sound of my own panicked scream
>I can finally move so I sit up, covered in cold sweat, trying to still assess the situation with the home invader
>its dead silent, put on the lights, go through every room and corner of my apartment
>nobody's there but me. It was all a dream.

>Go back to the sofa
>Switch on the TV, and decide to not sleep anymore

I've got more of these lizard dreams if you guys are interested.
>>
>>36311948
Keep going brah
>>
>>36297237
>only a month of heavy drinking?
>only

Jesus christ you're a fucking alcoholic mate
>>
>>36311948
>decide to not sleep anymore
>>
>tfw going to get some beer soon because the sweats are starting
>>
>>36311948
I have a recurring withdrawal nightmare that I'm beating my brother to death until my arms fall off.

Then when my arms fall off I start to eat him alive.

When I wake up every shadow looks like someone standing over me staring at me and I can't move for a few minutes.
>>
>>36312244
Iktf

Dat feel when you're sweating for no reason at all
>>
File: 1444547526684.jpg (17 KB, 140x150) Image search: [Google]
1444547526684.jpg
17 KB, 140x150
>tfw drinking everyday
>tfw start to sweat almost nightly
>tfw thinking it's because of my new mattress
>tfw reading this thread
>>
>>36312296
I laughed out loud at that pic
>>
>>36311345
> Mortality without treatment is between 15% and 40%.[7] Currently death occurs in about 1% to 4% of cases.
holy shit OP, go to the hospital before you literally die
>>
>>36312330
Nigga OP won't die the people who die are people who are drinking constantly for years and years and it mostly happens in older people
>>
>>36312349
Also the deaths usually occur within 24 hours of no alcohol
>>
>>36312296
top kek
>>
>>36312349
This

Extremely heavy drinkers are the ones who die from withdrawal and I'm talking like a liter of vodka a day for years
>>
>>36312349
you literally get seizures, that shit's dangerous no matter what dude
>>
>>36297330
>you are now aware that waking up covered in sweat can be related to severe liver problems
>>
>>36312487
True but for it to cause death rarely happens unless you're a very heavy drinker
>>
>>36312522
Or alcohol withdrawal......
>>
>>36312522
>you are now aware that waking up covered in cum is from extreme faggotry
>>
>>36298362
ur dads a fucker lol
>>
>>36312578
Must've some extreme 30 days to ruin a healthy liver desu, but OP should visit the doctor regardless.

>>36312586
what a load of bullshit

you must be a closet homo
>>
>>36312589
Le epic meme
>>
>>36301546
>medically diagnosed alcoholic

just stop drinking, its not a disease youre just a little bitch with garbage genes that make you more likey to be an alcoholic
>>
>>36310441
Since people are getting worried here, I should elaborate.

A bender for me and is the 1L bottle of jager every day for 3-4 days, plus a few beers. Puking several times and not stopping.
>>
>>36312628
being a little bitch isn't a meme
>>
>>36312651
Hard as fuck
>>
>>36312651
Thats pretty extreme man my benders are like 10 tallboy beers a day for a few days
>>
>>36312296
Uh oh m8
>>
File: image.png (406 KB, 532x547) Image search: [Google]
image.png
406 KB, 532x547
Are people really this fucking stupid?

Just keep drinking, OP.

Everyone makes drinking seem like this "oh liver cancer, gains goblin" thing. It's not.

Nothing negative comes from drinking alcohol, think about it. You're in control.

I say keep consistently drinking. Fuck it dude.

Life's too short to conform to society's stupid "anti alcoholic" ways.
>>
>>36314030
This

I'm on my 13th beer and ive been drinking 15-20 a day for a year now
>>
Anyone else experience numbness in the face, or an impaired ability to control their facial muscles at least? I get that and extreme anxiety, feeling like I'm going to have a stroke or heart attack if I don't as much as sit in the right position.

This followed 4 days over new years' of being blackout drunk with very minimal food; I barely remember anything during that time. I felt the above symptoms for around 10 days until I actually started drinking, albeit more midly, again. Note that I am generally a fairly heavy drinker.
>>
>>36314407
Also this shit too >>36311948 >>36311817.

>tfw you can't even manage basic arithmetic when this happens
>tfw you take 20 seconds to respond to someone, even though you sort of know what you're going to say
>tfw hallucinating all day, particularly when trying to sleep
>>
>>36297135
I've never understood drinking like an alcoholic.

The drugs I take make me feel like I'm working harder like caffeine but how do you get addicted to drinking ?

Not hating actually curious
>>
>>36314502
Because everything that comes with drinking is fun, parties, sex, not giving a fuck and making friends etc

It's extremely addictive because it's amazing
>>
>>36297521
thought this was some awesome siamese twin action going on
>>
>>36310441
FUCK this will happen to me tonight i can feel it. I'll wake up running around the house thinking I heard someone break in
>>
>tfw this thread made you go and buy a box of beer
>>
>>36314571
Happens to me every week
>>
>>36314541
Does everything hangover related go away if you keep going ?
>>
>>36314575
Iktf bro I went and got 2 cases of beer and a liter of whisky because I'm scared of withdrawal
>>
>>36314589
Yeah you get no hangover, once you don't get hangovers anymore the real party starts
>>
>>36314502
you've clearly never been legit drunk before m8

the feeling of no cares in the world and being confident as fuck is addictive
>>
>>36314614
I understand drinking just not more than once in a while. You become useless the next day
>>
>>36314680
How? Man up and deal with the hangover I shingle roofs 10 hours a day after getting blackout drunk the night before
>>
>>36297428

I don't drink out of choice and I still hang out with my friends when they drink. Still have a good time. I just...don't care? I always enjoyed it, but don't bother now.
>>
being sober and alone is suffering I miss benders
>>
>>36314755
Teach me your ways brother
>>
>>36297521
>German

Back to /pol/ you nazi
>>
>>36314680
Lol teenager detected
>>
>>36314834

just have fun and talk about shit. Drink water, juice, protons, snack on nuts, etc.
>>
>>36314884
Nah mane 22. Always partied but never felt like drinking more than once every few weeks. I rather not perform life while feeling shit it's hard enough willing myself when I'm normal
>>
>>36315331
>implying when you're wasted you don't feel like a god
>>
>>36315331
I workout better if I black out the night before. I like to spite my own body.
>>
>>36315479
I feel clumsy so I mix some pwo into there. I'm more of a clubbing guy

>>36315512
Damm thats a crazy mentality
>>
Drunk as hell everyday for a decade now kids
>>
Just take a day off man. If you are not going 100% it's not worth it.
>>
>>36315980
If I was him I'd quit drinking forever
>>
>>36316141
I am Polish so we like to drink heavy here like idiots. The think about beer is that it is empty calories and it dehydrates you. I just drink a lot of water the day of before I know I will be drinking. Haven't had a hangover in 8 months.
>>
>>36314111
my nigger
>>
>>36316569
Ahhhh yeah
>>
>>36316426
I swear Canadians drink even more than Russians
>>
I'm not sure where I stand with booze
My roommate buys me a 12-pack of craft beer every week in exchange for taking care of his dog when he's not there. This effectively means I drink 2-3 beers on Monday night and 6-10 on Tuesday night, every week
I feel like I'm not drinking enough to form a dependency and yet it's still a habit
>>
>>36297135
Yes, its called Alcohol with Paul. Youve been getting fucked by Paul every night, but this time you were sober enough to feel the aftereffects.
>>
>>36317052
I drink 20 a day you don't have a habit young buck
>>
File: chunderingknight.jpg (89 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
chunderingknight.jpg
89 KB, 621x621
>>36301546
Yes they are. They're definitely not the worst symptom, but you'd still not wish DTs or hallucinations on anybody.

If you're waking up in sweats after a bender for so long. Yes, you're suffering withdrawals. Accept it. Moderate your drinking or else stop drinking.
>>
>>36304203
Restaurants and bars have some really heavy-drinkers working there. I always wonder how they last.

>>36306967
I remember doing a good month or two of bingeing every night with only one or two nights' free of booze a week. Always on the second free night I'd be awake and have trouble sleeping. When I decided to stop altogether for a while, after three nights I finally slept well. Best night's sleep I had in a long time. Now I make sure I reduce my drinking to tolerable let's-not-get-munted levels (if I'm having a beer, it's only one and I stop).

>>36310441
I'm relieved to say in my binges above, I've never got hallucinations. I was scared I'd get them, but they mercifully never came.

>>36311345
That doesn't sound like he's experiencing DTs dude. If you are, OP, then go straight to emergency.

>>36311923
Or doctors will prescribe meds to do the same thing, but not run the risk of you overdoing it.

>>36312349
>>36312566
If you're at risk of experiencing a seizure, you go to the hospital. The seizure might be "mild" but during it you might hit your head on something violently hard or some other misadventure.

>>36314030
>You're in control.
Until you're not.

>>36314614
Being confident as fuck. Even after just one beer some inhibitions are gone, and if you're a socially awkward autist, you can have some semblance of normality. It's great.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.