[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concussion thread? I've had three and after this most recent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 2000px-Concussion_mechanics.svg.png (911 KB, 2000x2353) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Concussion_mechanics.svg.png
911 KB, 2000x2353
Concussion thread?

I've had three and after this most recent knock on the noggin I think I'm going to make some changes to my sports activities. It was by far the mildest shock of the three I've had but I'm having a bunch of problems at one week post-incident.

>possible nose fracture
>neck problems
>sleeping a ton
>tinnitus wont' improve
>feels like i"m wearing a hat at all times
>might have some nerve damage on my face, feels as though someone is pressing on my cheek

I've also noticed how rare concussoins are. I've asked around and almost none of my bros have had one, and I've had fucking three.

You guys ever get your clock cleaned?
>>
>>36294405
Took a full sprint knee to the middle of nose while playing rugby, I could only see green for a few minutes after (like I had some sort of colour filter over my eyes) and then it passed. I also took a cricket ball to the back of the head which briefly knocked me out but no side noticeable side effects for that. Other than the weird brief colour change thing I haven't noticed anything wrong
>>
>>36294405
I would say you need to stop all sports activities for he foreseeable future. Totally serious
>>
>>36294496
Yeah I am done for a while. not lifting either. I'm just laying around tyring not to get fat.

>>36294479
I didn't see any colors this time, an dnI've never lost consciousness. The ringing in my ears is making me pretty nervous tqbh fampai.
>>
>>36294405
i got hit by a car a few years ago and got a severe concussion
>had to relearn math
>got depressed
>started having anxiety issues
>>
>>36294898
Yikes. I'm sorry to hear that. Have those issues largely resolved?

I've already got a full plate regarding depression and anxiety.
>>
Had a bad concussion a few years back from football. The most common symptoms such as the headaches, tinnitus, light sensitivity were resolved over the course of a week or two. For a few months though there was some weird memory loss, would be fine on a day to day basis but trying to recollect something that had happened a week back was near impossible.
>>
Had 6 concussions where I've been knocked out, one of them I was knocked out for at minimum 30minutes and forgot the entire day.

Pretty sure I have some kind of brain damage from them, frequently have to ask people to repeat something 4-5 times before I grasp what they're saying, easily distracted etc. Have REM sleep behavior disorder as well (frequently punch shit in my sleep when dreaming about beating people up, don't know why) and have migraines at least once a week. Basically I'm retarded now, so maybe that's why I keep doing the sport despite this

Most will disagree, but I would keep doing the sport you have passion for, even if you get injured. If that is, you know you love it more than anything
>>
>>36295390
Mike Tyson pls go
>>
>>36295390
>Had 6 concussions where I've been knocked out

dont do whatever you were doing anymore
>>
>>36295390
You definitely have brain damage m8..
>>
>>36294479
my worst concussion had me seeing black bars, like pillars, moving around in my vision. was some scary shit.
>>
>>36294405
https://np.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/3l3uri/these_guys_lighting_a_mortar_shell_in_their_garage/cv3474n
Maybe this helps with the ringing OP. It's the 1st comment on this thread. Stay safe
>inb4 reddit
>>
>>36297495
thanks mate. trying now.
>>
>>36294898
If I could do over, I'd skip getting wrecked and keep the mental agility.
>>
>>36294405
>tinnitus
Tinnitus sucks balls , i have had it for 3 months thanks to a blocked ear tube , its slowly getting better but i felt like i had a disco in my head often
>>
I have had many minor concussions from skateboarding, one major concussion from snowboarding, and a few minor concussions from judo. There's no way to know what I would have been like if I never had any, but I can tell you that I never had depression until after my major concussion snowboarding when I was about 14. I knew that it was time to quit all activities that endangered my head when I realized that my judo instructors had all of the symptoms of dementia. It's a luxury to not have to engage in activities that endanger the head, so embrace it.

If you are worried about symptoms, don't. A lifestyle that includes regular exercise, a healthy diet and supportive relationships will likely improve all of your symptoms, especially if you are still young. The brain is remarkably resilient and adaptive. Avoid drug use for maximum recovery.
>>
>>36298652
I'm hoping this doesn't affect my life too profoundly. I've abandoned my cut, lifting and sports for now. Trying to minimize the damage. It's off-putting experience the sorts of complications I'm having after two previous concussions with relatively short-lived consequences.

I'm getting old i guess.
>>
>>36298652
what's the difference between a major and a minor concussion?
>>
>>36299311
severity of symptoms, loss of consciousness, brain bleeding and possible skull fracture
>>
>>36297495
this actually improved my tinnitus for a few minutes. Maybe regular treatment is more permanent
>>
evening bump for discussion of bumps to the noggin
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.