[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This thread is for spreading the awareness of sleep apnea.ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: obstructive-sleep-apnea.jpg (84 KB, 612x528) Image search: [Google]
obstructive-sleep-apnea.jpg
84 KB, 612x528
This thread is for spreading the awareness of sleep apnea.http://www.sleepapnea.org/learn/sleep-apnea.html
It is extremely common and usually not diagnosed in people. Meaning you could have it right now. Millions of Americans have this without realizing it.

I was one of the victims of this.

When I got my sleep study done the results were ridiculous. I got 30% of my sleep as the shallow sleep that doesn't restore very much. It should be 5 %. My crucial deep restorative sleep stage was practically non existent. I stopped breathing dozens of times throughout the night. I was getting brain damage from having months of this going on.

This means that if I had not had this discovered it didn't matter how much I exercised. It didn't matter how healthy I was eating. That is enough to keep you socially awkward and have trouble starting relationships and have trouble maintaining motivation for goals because you feel like garbage from not sleeping well for months.

If you are feeling like you're lacking in energy or feel drowsy all the time, see if you match up with the symptoms of sleep apnea. A sleep study is something you should consider if other things aren't making you feel better.

The sleep study you need to go through is easy to set up so don't hesitate to try if you think you might have it.
>>
happened to me too anon, ever since puberty i would guess. i thought the world was just supposed to be shitty.

if you feel like shit during the day, give it a shot anons. you wont be disappointed in the improvement.

muscular people are very much at risk. powerlifters will have it 100% of course.
>>
>>36293133
thanks for this anon. i'm gonna do a sleep study. I've been exhausted practically every day of my life with no real explanation. blood work is fine.
>>
MATT OGUS had sleep apnea or w/e

He made a couple okay videos with info about it
>>
I was diagnosed with this due to my snoring and i was given steroids but ny doctor didn't fucking explain the rest jesus christ snoring is the least of my problems ffs
Also bumpin cause spread the goddamn word
>>
Also is there any way to reverse this brain damage?
>>
>come to /fit/ to shitpost about lifting
>stumble upon spooky health shit
Fuck you assholes, I'm done caring. If I had this shit for 26 years now I'm likely already irreversibly retarded, why bother
>>
Any fixes to sleep apnea? Besides a fucking cpap
>>
>Millions of Americans have this without realizing it
Most of them are fat. Losing weight cures the issue.
>>
>>36294360
Lose weight. That includes fat free mass.

Remember those functionalfags who claim that the human body is not designed for awesome mass? They're right.
>>
>>36293133
anyone else have a difficult time sleeping on their back like pic related? i've legit tried to sleep facing up but i feel extremely uncomfortable doing it and end up putting my face to the pillow.
>>
What is my BMW is normal? 5'11 175
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
The only two people I heard that snored a lot were my really fat roommate and later, my other skeleton roommate who never worked out and played vidya all day

Fatties BTFO again
>>
Wouldn't lying on your belly/side easily fix that?
>>
>>36293133
Ya I feel like I have this. I'm a skinny prick though so it's not fat that's causing it. I've always slept with my mouth open so I think it's caused my lower jaw to grow incorrectly and lead to OSA. I need to get checked up
>>
>>36294191
>>36294321

Your brain repairs itself once OSA goes away
>>
>>36293133
>breathing with the mouth
Sorry to say it OP but youre already brain damaged.
>>
>>36293133
Could I still have sleep apnea if I wake up every morning tired as fuck but I don't snore?
>>
When I fall asleep I sometimes stop breathing for three or four seconds. Does that mean I have it? It's the only symptom I have that I can tell
>>
>>36295580
How do you know?
>>
File: Propaganda2.png (646 KB, 460x667) Image search: [Google]
Propaganda2.png
646 KB, 460x667
How do you fix sleep apnea and does insurance cover sleep studies or do I have to go to some doctor?
>>
>>36296072
>How do you fix sleep apnea
bipap machine
>>
>>36293133
>When I got my sleep study done the results were ridiculous
I tried this once but the results were inconclusive. I did it about 5 or 6 years ago so I don't know if they've improved the technique, but I had a bunch of electrodes connected to my head and the slightest movement would make them fall apart, resulting in the nurse walking into the bedroom to plug them back on.

I basically got no sleep during the entire session, and it was expensive as fuck too so I never returned to try again.
>>
how would a NEET go about getting a sleep study? probably a waste of time anyways. I would be so anxious i would not be able to sleep.
>>
>>36295580
Sleep apnea is common in all men, the difference is chronic or not. Chronic entailed has common symptoms. It Happens no matter how you lay, you grind your teeth, horrible snoring (others comment on it) lack of energy, no gains, constant sore muscles/joints. Other is situational. When I lay on x side I stop breathing, well more than likely they will just tell you not to lay on that side. Once again almost all men will have sleep apnea at some point in our lives. We are almost designed to get it. Women usually who snore are the most common for them.
>>
>and thats why you should sleep sideways
>>
File: tmp_11356-1456880845393557502041.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11356-1456880845393557502041.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
>>36295912
It happens when I'm starting to fall asleep I catch myself not breathing
>>36296434
I also grind my teeth but that's about it out of you what listed I also have pretty bad sleep paralysis not sure if that has anything to do with it though.
>>
File: 1443967604136.png (97 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1443967604136.png
97 KB, 645x773
>fiance is an RRT
>Primarily works with sleep disorders
>mfw I can feel her watching me in my sleep
>>
best way to fix this is do cardio and lose shit ton of excess fat be careful not to sprain yourselves. I noticed when I got a gut my sleep quality has gone down the drain tremendously.
>>
File: anime-weight-lifting.jpg (223 KB, 798x458) Image search: [Google]
anime-weight-lifting.jpg
223 KB, 798x458
>>36293133
I have sleep apnea. I use a memory foam pillow and tilt my head back to sleep, it opens my airways better.
Also I can't sleep on some summer nights, not sure if it's related.
>>
>>36294415
I can only sleep on my side.

I wonder if it occurs then as well
>>
>>36293227
I went undiagnosed for years.

>>36294442
Tends to help but depending on the severity might not make a difference.

>>36294360
I suffer from sleep apnea and have been keeping a careful diary with observations trying to correlate different factors and how they impact my sleep. This is just anecdotal so take it for what it's worth. My sleep has improved since I dropped all caffeine and started doing hot power yoga (my guess is because there's a lot of emphasis placed on breathing and doing as much as you can with a single breath).
>>
>>36296834
You're naive if you think every girl on earth doesn't secretly watch their bf sleep
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.