[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mom tries to convince me to take this shit >look it up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: BRA-00116-1.jpg (252 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
BRA-00116-1.jpg
252 KB, 1600x1600
>mom tries to convince me to take this shit
>look it up
>all of the people pushing it are hippy mystics splurging about Eastern medicine voodoo bullshit
>all of the people against it are doctors
>>
>apple cider vinegar
>not based red wine vinegar

Maybe it's because I'm from Philadelphia, but I put olive oil and red wine vinegar on almost everything
>>
My family used to be big into it but mostly because my brother is a huge hipster douche who repeats everything he reads online.

I started using it recently to get rid of an old wart though. It definitely effects it.
And I started using it for acne. Not sure if it's working or not though
>>
>>36286506

I have acid reflux, so my mom was trying to get me to take as a treatment.

Needless to say, I had doubts about drinking acid to cure acid.
>>
>>36286536
Kek.

My mom used to swirl it around in her mouth for long periods of time and drink it. Fuck that shit. The stuff kills warts, I'm not putting that in my mouth.

Mind you it got rid of a big pussed zit so it has its uses. Just don't ingest it imo
>>
>>36286459
I'm from Philadelphia and don't. Maybe it's because you're a dago from South Philly?
>>
>>36286584

How does it kill warts? Just soak the wart in the vinegar?
>>
>>36286584
It makes a tasty vinegar mop sauce for pulled pork too.
>>
>>36286439
apple cider vinegar does have some health benefits but its not a magical cure-all
>because nothing is

just use it as a flavor enhancer like any other acid. put in marinades, chili, stew, stir fries, etc
>>
>>36286584
>Just don't ingest it imo
You mook, you use vinegar all the time in foods. It's not some toxic chemical, it's food grade vinegar. You're talking like it's some poison that will kill you like DNP or something.
>>
It's good for for spraying on acne and warts. Also not a bad anti fungal spray.
>>
>>36286536
Googling "vinegar acid reflux" and as the first result, in a fucking box, you can find an article by medical doctor that explains how and why it works.
Do you really think your mother and everyone that recommends it has not thought about "lol acid on acid"? Fucking teenagers
>>
>>36286744
>How does apple cider vinegar for acid reflux work?

>Okay, now that we’ve stressed that all this is hearsay, let’s discuss a few of the theories about why it might work. Some believe the acidic nature of the vinegar aids digestion by helping break down fats.

>Others think that the acid helps balance acid production in the stomach or that it might help buffer the acidity level in the stomach because acetic acid (the main component of apple cider vinegar) is a weaker acid than hydrochloric acid (the acid produced by your stomach). Regardless of how it works, many people swear by apple cider vinegar’s effectiveness and have deemed it one of the best natural remedies for acid reflux.

So basically it's anecdotal and there's no known reason for it to work.
>>
>>36286584
Vinegar is food, are you retarded? Salt and vinegar chips? Balsamic vinaigrette? Pickles?
>>
>>36286439
Could you list a doctor who is against probiotic food?

Go on, list him. Unless your objections are based on a cloud of fuzzy feelings and vaginal intuitions, in which case you're just a hippy of rage.
>>
>>36286439
>Doctors
>Against a probiotic
Saying something isn't the magic cure to cancer hippies claim it to be doesn't mean you're against it.
>>
>>36286584
>Just don't ingest it imo
>Just don't ingest it
>Just don't ingest a food
>>
>>36286854
Expensive controlled studies are scarce for things you can pick up at a local grocery store for a couple of bucks.

Why would you just ignore the large amount of anecdotal evidence? It's not like there is any risk in it (for this particular product). Get a bottle and stick with it for a couple of weeks then draw your own conclusions. At the end of the day all that matters is if you would trade the reflux for the shitty taste
>>
>>36286972
>>36286927

They're against drinking a substance that's 20% acid as a means to cure diabetes and acid reflux. Especially drinking it straight in large doses.

They're also concerned that there's no substantial evidence that it does what people claim that it does.
>>
>>36286439

whenever I have heartburn I take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and it clears it right up for weeks at a time
>>
>>36287053
It's already diluted to 5% acidity, and people who take it as a probiotic dilute it to 1% or less.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think improving your gut's ability to digest food probably eases the symptoms of gut diseases and upsets.

Could you list this doctor? Is his name Bob, by any chance? Jim? I'm sure it's on the tip of your tongue.
>>
>>36286439
Its a wonder item like baking soda
>>
>>36286439
It's useful for a lot of things, when I have a soar throat it's 1-2 tablespoons, a couple oz of warm water and a lot of salt and I'll gargle that for a few minutes and it really helps the pain the next day. Kinda surprised really, but makes sense. Haven't tried it out for other stuff, people say appetite suppression, hair clarifying (for dandruff) and all sorts of other stuff, but might as well experiment and try. I just like how useful it is and how cheap, like under $5 the super market.
>>
http://chriskresser.com/get-rid-of-heartburn-and-gerd-forever-in-three-simple-steps/
>>
>>36286735
>>36286878
>>36286984
I beleive he's referring to ingesting it raw and standalone. There are a lot of people who just chug that shit straight out of the bottle because they think it's some snake oil cure all. When he says "don't ingest it" he isn't saying that you should never have vinegar, he's saying that you shouldn't suckle on the bottle like a calf on Rippetoe's teat.
>>
>>36286628
Probably
>>
>>36287678

Thanks for this article, anon. I'm going to give it a try.

If it's bullshit, the worst that's likely to happen is nothing.
>>
>>36288194
You'll have super rage, because you'll be literally filled with piss and vinegar.

Nah you'll be ok.
>>
>>36286439
If you drink a cap full every day it will take down your stomach acid levels and they'll stay there for a long time. Plus it will give you godly skin and hair after two weeks.
>>
>>36288194

Careful. If you don't dilute it enough/use it often enough to cause the pH of your mouth to stabilize at a lower level, you run the risk of damaging your enamel and gums.
>>
apparently it lowers blood sugar, so you can drink a sip before you eat a high carb meal and be fine if u have the diabetes
>>
>>36290514
How would an acid lower blood glucose?
>>
As a long time sufferer of heartburn/acid reflux, I can say that this stuff works. I use to burn through family sized bottles of tums like it was nothing. When I ran out of tums, I would resort to dissolving baking soda in water and drinking it (an effective temporary remedy), and if I had nothing else, I would just chug milk. I cycled through these remedies constantly and my heartburn would come raging back after a few hours like clockwork.

I finally decided to try Apple cider vinegar because my bro in-law swore by it. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed. A cap full is enough to immediately ease it away. What surprised me was when I took a full shot of it and I had zero heartburn for days... Maybe even a week. I've never taken anything that does that. My heartburn problem is pretty intense.

The one thing I have a problem with is it tastes like shit. Also, when it first hits your stomach it feels like INTENSE heartburn. But that quickly subsides within about 30 seconds.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.