[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ What kind of fighting do you practice? I want to learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1456678077606.jpg (6 KB, 236x172) Image search: [Google]
1456678077606.jpg
6 KB, 236x172
Hey /fit/

What kind of fighting do you practice? I want to learn self defense, pain tolerance, and let out aggression.
>>
>>36285956
You don't need to learn fighting. Just lift weights so you're stronger. But if you have too than Krav Maga is brilliant.
>>
>>36285978
Ignore this man. Ignores the entire op post then recommends a meme.

Muay thai
>>
omfg lol at all the krav maga that gets thrown around

goes to show how little people know about self defence if they suggest that

if youre gonna get fucked up you think quick complicated self defence moves are gonna stop it?

or would you rather stomp on thier knee and turn it the other way?

do mma you fucking idiot
>>
What fighting style is advantageous to practice as a manlet?
5'5"
>>
Couch wresting.
>>
>>36286024
suicide style
>>
>>36286024
Boxing.

Straight for the punching bags.
>>
>>36286049
I'd try but I can't reach the rafters to secure the noose to
>>
>>36286009
This. One of the most versatile striking arts with a bit of stand up grappling to throw in. Anyone can defend themselves from most attackers with a well executed leg kick.
>>
>>36285956
I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Used to do Muay Thai as well, but my hip is fucked up and can't really do it as much anymore.
>>
Pankration

Surprisingly I'm not Greek
>>
Thank you everyone! I had no idea but there are many gyms here in Dallas that teach muay thai and BJJ.

Ive always been so beta. My dad never showed me the importance of learning to fight. I am sickof being afraid to speak or stand up for myself and others.

I hope training to be a fighter will help.
>>
>>36285956
I do boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Judo and I work as a prison officer, so I have to do job specific training.
I do training for each about once a week, with my work training every other month just to keep myself up to date.
>>
>>36285978
>Krav Maga
Way to go retard,
IL personally recomend:
Muay thai
Box
And bjj
In that order
>>
>>36286228
> I work as a prison officer
cool, I'm a correctional officer as well. What kind of training are you required to do? I'm not required to do any, but I'm thinking of getting into muay thai
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 640x640
BJJ, recently got started on Muay Thai but don't really have much time to dedicate to it so I only train once a week.

Boxing or muay thai would probably be better if you want to get pain tolerance and let out aggression. If you want self defence get a gun.

pic related: my xmas gift
>>
Drunk and dirty is really the only way I've ever fought. It works out if the other guy is more drunk.
>>
>>36286261
Krav maga is the inly practical martial art. The likes use it in their army
>>
>>36285956
Now i only wrestled but ive also done Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, boxing and taekwondo.
If i had to rank them id say
1. Taekwondo
Ive done it the longest so it feels very natural to me but if you were to start it feels really shitty for the first couple years. Wouldnt exactly recommend.
2. Wrestling/bjj
Cant decide which one is better but im naturally a grappler so both feel very good to me. Would recommend these the most to anyone
3. Boxing
Learned some pretty good things and got sort of good but it was never natural and still feels unnatural to me. I will say if you want good stand up skills boxing is a must.
If you want to do anything fun/athletic stay away from shit like krav maga thats self defence oriented. It might seem like theyre more effective but theyre not. Things like wrestling or bjj will make you tough as fuck while in krav maga youll be drilling useless moves with soccer moms.
>>
>>36287143
>natural grappler
>taekwondo

What?
>>
>>36287194
After 4-5 years of training it eventually started feeling natural.
During my first day in bjj i was learning things easier and did very good during sparring. Not to say im Royce Gracie or anything but it came easy to me.
The human body really isnt meant to kick really. It takes years to get good at most kicks especially if you're a stocky guy like me. Grappling on the other hand comes way easier to most people.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.