[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you look down on skinny beta males and fat people who don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
Do you look down on skinny beta males and fat people who don't go gym? How can you go through life without being an athlete is beyond me. Someone today actually told me they would rather watch tv shows and study all day as appose to than lifting weights.
>>
skinny intellectual here, teach me your ways meathead.
>>
>why do people have different interests to me?

Be athletic, don't be athletic, its up to you and someone else's decision shouldn't bother you.
>>
File: 1424896271270.jpg (25 KB, 561x506) Image search: [Google]
1424896271270.jpg
25 KB, 561x506
>>36282698
>2015+1
>not caring about your health
>>
>>36282698
>>36282889
Exercising and sharpening your mind aren't interests, they're what every individual should do as a default state. Everything else is an interest, every subgenre is a hobby.
>>
File: jeffseid-selfie.jpg (389 KB, 2048x1951) Image search: [Google]
jeffseid-selfie.jpg
389 KB, 2048x1951
>>36282852
my logic is you will never be close to being top tier intellectual probably above average tier at best so there is no point. I would rather be natty and pick up chicks every week and feel good physically every day.
>>
>>36283085

poor jeff, he must hate having a face like that
>>
interesting and productive people who would rather study, work or socialize than go to the gym pity people like you
>>
>>36283085
Oh yeah, well the reason why I don't lift is because I will never be close to being top tier aesthetic probably above average tier at best so there is no point. I would rather be well taught and be able to apply my knowledge through every day encounters and tasks and feel satisfied mentally.

Are you a fucking meat head? See how your "logic" is pointed at you? Think before you type.
>>
>>36282698
I like how I feel after the gym but frankly, if I died and went to heaven and got to be in shape no matter what the fuck I did, I'd rather lounge back, eat bags of chips (fuck I miss that) and marathon netflix or play vidya or some shit. I can totally understand why people would rather take the easy way out and stuff their face and sit behind a monitor. It's easy, and easy stuff is *comfortable*. And comfort is nice. Having a fit body is worth pursuing but anything worth having doesn't come easy. And that isn't for everyone.
>>
>>36282698
Lifting only takes 1 - 2 hours a day. Why cant you do both?
>>
Skinny beta male here

I am facing the humiliation of squatting 30kg this evening at the gym. I don't care anymore. People can think what they want about me being a weak ass lanklet. I'm doing what I can to try and change. If other skinny guys don't want to gym then fair enough, many of them are aesthetic facially and /fa/. I am not good looking enough to get away with being skinny.

Fat people can fuck off though. I would say it is actually much easier for a fatass to lose 30lbs than it is for a lanklet to gain it. All they need to do is literally turn up at the gym, hit the treadmill and not eat like a fucking glutton for a few months and the weight will fall off them. Guys like me have to squat, press and deadlift our asses off, spend a fortune on food and constantly keep eating for minimal gains. Also, being skinny might look shit but its not unhealthy like being fat is. My BMI is perfect despite being Auschwitz mode.
>>
>>36283130
"interesting and productive people"
what about the rest of the population? Y'know, those who will watch tv shows alone, or work at some dead-end job?
>>
>>36282852

>skinny intellectual

this always cracks me up. people seem to think humans are only capable of being smart OR strong, as if going to the gym is going to make you dumber, or refraining from going will make you smarter

obviously, the average meathead is more vain and shallow, but the gym is not the only place you can get big. there is actually a correlation between cardio and intelligence, so this whole "meathead=dumb" meme is a myth, and in reality it's the other way around

i suppose it's all just a way of skinny beta manlets to tell themselves they aren't lesser men
>>
>>36283169
You sound pretty fucking pathetic. Take a moment and read your reply, then delete it, you delusional stick.
>>
>>36283170
they're probably jealous because they themselves are pretty worthless and are upset about it
but you shouldn't compare yourself to people worse than you
>>
>>36283204

I really don't give a fuck you sad little cunt
>>
>>36282698

i definitely consider them to be beneath me, both skeletons and whales. i try to interact with them as little as possible, especially female whales
>>
>>36283202
so meatheads REALLY do think like this?
[leaving this board behind]
>>
>>36282698
We live in a time of convenience and endless entertainment. You can sit in a chair all your life and feed your brain with enough dopamine and whatever other magical chemicals keep it satiated until you die.
>>
>>36283169
OP here at least you're going and for that you have my respect. You shouldn't get humiliated man when I started I was struggling to squat the bar which was 20kg I know the feeling but once you keep going and see progress there is no better feeling desu. Try go with a friend as well.
>>
>>36282698
>implying you can't study, lift, and watch TV
Kek
>>
>>36283265

Cheers man

A friend of mine doesn't attend my gym but he's just got a power rack setup in his garage so I will be able to train with him at least once a week
>>
>>36282698
More study

Less

>as appose
>>
>>36283136

desu you are just a lazy fag

and no im not the guy you responded to
>>
>>36283169

Guy here who ascended past mortal humans.

I could barely bench 50 kg when i started, people were looking at me and i know what they were thinking.

Just 8 months later, 80 kg bench.

32kg flat bench, from 20.

People mirin hard.

Keep going brother, you shouldnt give a fuck just like i did.
>>
>>36283489
posted in an aggressive and trolling way
but 100000% true
>>
>>36283489

This guy again.

ban pls
>>
>>36283489
oh boy you have a lot to learn
>>
File: zyzz-8_4_2014-8.jpg (103 KB, 560x894) Image search: [Google]
zyzz-8_4_2014-8.jpg
103 KB, 560x894
>>36282852
>>36283136
>>36283253
>>36283363
you mad bro?
>>
>>36283085
I'm happy enough with that side of life to realise how much I'm missing in other areas, like a sex-life and my health (which is really low in some ways - autoimmune disorders etc.). I think that "intellectual vs. athlete" thing we have hurt me to some extent. I remember liking competitive sports esp. ones involving tackling. I enjoyed that intense competition, but I never took it up and everyone assumed I would be an academic.

so more or less what >>36282925 said.
>>
>>36283202
I like how you use your neutral arguement in favor of the meathead.

You mad that everyone can make physical gains but not everyone can make mental gains, meathead?
>>
>>36283145
>anything worth having doesn't come easy.
The worst thing is we used to be able to rely on the environment to regulate our behaviour (forcing us to exercise everyday or we don't eat, limiting our intake of sugar, fat etc.) and now we have to take on that role ourselves so maybe that aspect of it has to be "hard work" (thrown out of the garden of eden).

I think we should be trying to make it as easy as possible, though - I don't think that's lazy or "the easy way out". I think in many cases it's a sign that you've found the healthiest way of approaching it. Exercise doesn't have to leave you in pain and "pushed to the limit" and I don't think it's even necessarily healthy if it does so, I think exercise which is enjoyable and which you hardly notice might be preferable to "no pain, no gain" and powerlifters lifting weights until they pass out.
>>
>>36283202
to be fair there might be a trade-off between intelligence and muscle - investment of time is one way but the other is that they both take physical energy. Energy you use to build and sustain muscle is energy you won't be using to sustain brain activity.
>>
>>36283260
they actually keep it numb to any pain by overloading it with pain signals - a subtle distinction but nonetheless.
>>
>>36282698
>as appose to than lifting weights

Looks like you should consider hitting the books a bit more. Maybe then you won't sound like an idiot.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>36283977
And if you somehow obtain more energy?
>>
>>36285568
you have to ingest a lot of energy to be able to use a lot of energy BE REASONABLE NOW
>>
>>36282698

>not striving to be the best you can be in all aspects
>amounting to anything

shamefur dispray
>>
>>36283169
At that weight you might consider switching to goblet squats.

You'll likely get better depth and not be judged aa much.
>>
>>36283112
nothing wrong with his face tho?
>>
I enjoy meeting new people and wondering what they do instead of going to the gym.

If anything, absolutely no, I don't look down on them for not going to the gym or striving to participate in a physical activity.

I just get really pissed off, like super mad when I'll meet a stranger and I don't like their personality because they might be high on drugs or just don't want to represent themselves for equality.

Usually these are the people I find and don't like the way they look either being fat or skinny.
>>
>>36283487
>1.5 pl8 bench in 8 months
>leaving humanity behind
Pick one and only one.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.