[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have this tendinitis here and have had it for a while, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: tend.png (620 KB, 569x609) Image search: [Google]
tend.png
620 KB, 569x609
I have this tendinitis here and have had it for a while, and just got a job at the local grocery store to "collect carts". Will this cart job hurt or aggitate or make worse the biceps tendinitis i have here? Because I guess it is a pushing motion is it now? Will this hurt my shoulder if I take the job?
>>
>>36282043
bump
>>
Maybe
but you should be pushing shit with your legs anyway, just guide it with your arms
>>
>>36282486
Oh really?
>>
>>36282043
bump
>>
>>36282864
Bump
>>
Lmao shoulderlets

It's all about your frame
>>
How old are you? If you're over 18 you shouldn't be pushing carts. Get a better job.
>>
>>36283456
Its just part time until I go to trade school in the fall. I'll be 22 in 2 days
>>
>>36282043
job is fine. just do a fuckton of face pulls and/or rear delt work until you die. In the short term, also do dislocation stretches.

I used to have bad bicep tendonitis/impingement and that's the only real way to keep it from flaring up.
>>
keep your elbows close to your ribs and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36282043
>had it for a while

Then it's not tendinitis then it's tendinosis.

Itis is an acute state. Osis is a chronic.
>>
>>36283729
Dislocation stretches kinda hurt it though. I mean not terribly but it makes it hurt that night and the next day. Also how can I do facepulls without a gym? Like a band? I do have bands. How many sets and reps
>>
>>36283740
Elbows close to my ribs when I push? Doesn't that put more stress on the biceps tendon?
>>
Where does it hurt and what kind of motions hurt you?
>>
>>36283972
It hurts in the front of the shoulder just like in the op. And generally pressing movements but I try the shoulder dislocations and they make it hurt. It isn't sharp pain just a dull pain directly in the front. I can actually find the spot that hurts and it is definitely the long head of the biceps tendon.
>>
>>36284056
Can you try this quick movement for a second. Raise your arms with your elbows pointed out in front of you, kind of close grip.

Now do the same, with your elbows horizontal pointing out to your sides. Do both of these movements hurt you or just one of them?
>>
>>36284097
Neither of these really hurt, the one up close is more uncomfrotable but neither of them hurt. Overhead movements dont seem to noticable hurt it.
>>
>>36284097
Where did u go
>>
>>36283831
This guys right, search for ways to ease back into it and the pain will fade
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Lp__N0TCk
>>
weee
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.