[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that this guy recommends low bar squats to olympic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: latest[1].jpg (117 KB, 405x513) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
117 KB, 405x513
Reminder that this guy recommends low bar squats to olympic weightlifters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC5-g1Ugmgc
>>
>>36278872
Cant remember exactly, but i think he recommends them instead of high bar and says if you want to squat for the purpose of olympic lifting do front squats.
>>
if you are advocating a low bar squat for recruiting posterior chain in olympic lifting, why wouldnt you just rely on pulls instead...
>>
>>36278916
again, can't remember, but i think because they don't do deadlifts and their pulls aren't heavy enough, or something like that.
>>
>>36278872
You're stupid OP.
Please read about oly lifting and then come back.
Low bar is superior for posterior chain strength.
If you want to practice actual cleans and getting out of the hole do front squats.
>>
>>36278923
>200kg snatch pulls
>300kg clean pulls
>not heavy enough
>>
Why is this fat old manlet so popular?
>>
>>36278989
he isn't talking about elite lifters, he's talking about noobs and intermediates.
>>
>>36278957
How many medalists and record holders in weightlifting has rippletits coached? How many Russian and Chinese weightlifters do you see low bar squatting?
>>
>>36279012
who said he was talking to elite lifters? all of which do steroids and train from child, all of which have personal coaches and extreme dedication and work ethic?

he is NOT (As far as i am aware) talking to elite lifters and comparing noobs to the elite is ridiculous.
>>
at the end of the day what he says is true
but his advice and routines are for aspiring strength athletes and not people who only care about looking better. that's why SS is a troll
>>
>>36279012
excellent refutation of his arguments
>>
>>36278993
He smart
>>
>>36278993
Have you ever actually listened to him talk in depth about his field? Maybe that will help answer your question my dyel friend
>>
>>36278993
Because he is a coach for beginner and intermediate lifters. Guess what 99.9% of /fit/ (including you and me) are.
>>
>>36279043
>getting your bench from 40kg to 100kg won't improve your physique in any way
>>
>>36279280
not if you got fat as fuck in the process and your legs and glutes grew way faster than your chest. not if half of the muscle groups are lacking
and implying you couldn't improve your bench while doing a balanced routine, as if SS was the only routine that allows you to gain strength
just kill yourself for giving such a bad advice to noobs, you're a cancer to this board
>>
>>36278989
show me someone doing 300kg clean pulls
>>
>>36279417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8VHhpY6oY
>>
>>36279442

nice, now show me a purple headed rhinocerous
>>
>>36278888
Literally why. For clean and jerk FS is good, but for snatch, hb squat is the best strength assistance exercise.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 548x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 548x600
>>36278872
Hell, I'd listen to him.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.