[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Fit/, what bodyfat percentage should I bulk and cut between?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1455001879579.jpg (498 KB, 1999x3000) Image search: [Google]
1455001879579.jpg
498 KB, 1999x3000
/Fit/, what bodyfat percentage should I bulk and cut between?

I'm currently 20.6 bodyfat %, and it's pretty hot where I am (middle of summer) so I'm planning to do a 3 month cut. It works out pretty well since I'm at uni, and only have time to lift thrice a week for the moment. Plus, since it's summer, I'm sweating like fuck, and I'm guessing that that wouldn't happen if I wasn't so close to fatfuck territory.

Anyway, I've heard some people on /fit/ and bodybuilding quoting something like "bulk when you hit 12% bodyfat, and cut when you hit 15%" or something along those lines. I was wondering if there is any truth to that?

Anyway, /fit/, I guess I need to know at what bodyfat% I should cut, and at what bodyfat% I should bulk. I think Lyle Mcdonald has done some sort of article on this, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, please help /fit/. I recalculated my TDEE, weight and bf% today, and I'm trying to work out a plan of action.

>pic is an unrelated attention grabber, but if you're reading this, it worked
>>
I usually just bulk until I run out of pants that fit, then cut until school's out for the summer and there are no bitches to impress
>>
>middle of summer

ok what?
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x625
>>36276407
Tfw my 32x36 jeans are getting tight
>tfw 6'4 at 235 now
>tfw bulked to hard
Planed on bulking till April then cutting till summer. But took a picture this morning and realized all the beer durning my bulk made me fatter so it's time to cut.. Hopefully by July I'll look okay
>>
>>36276407
Since I'm at uni now, and in engineering, there are no girls to impress. So that isn't a huge factor for me, until in about 8-10 months.

>>36276416
I'm an Ausfag. Summer is actually ending now, but the weather is still high into the 30's, and humid as fuck, and will be for a few more weeks, so it might as well be. Also, I'm in a city known for it's dicey weather.

>>36276428
Christ...I just brought new shorts (new outfit, actually) today. I'm shit scared of this happening to me, since they fit pretty amazingly.
>>
>>36276398

Cut to 7-8, bulk to 12-13.

Staying low-ish helps with skin from weight loss. And eventually you'll look tighter.
>>
>>36276416
>everywhere is america
>>
>>36276440
Melbfag?
>>
>>36276440
Yeah bro I was gonna lean bulk but said fuck it and ate relatively clean but beer was my down fall.. I made great strength gains tho so hopefully i added some muscle mass.. And yeah I bought a whole bunch of jeans in 32 and then bulked like a month later and I'm
Noticing how tight they are
>>
>>36276428
youre not 235 lbs
>>
>>36276498
Lol yes I am anon hopped on the scale this morning
>>
>>36276492
Yep. The weather here has been humid as all fuck. I wore jeans the other day, and by the end of the day, I smelt disgusting because of all the sweat and humidity.

>>36276493
I know the feeling. THe bulk I was on until recently (eating at maintenance until this thread helps me decide whether I cut) was lean at the start. Then it turned clean and healthy, and at 500 cals. Near the end I just went fuck it and changed to eating anything. Then it turned into a dirty bulk where I'd occasionally be 6-7 hundred calories over. Did NOT work well for me. You look pretty good though, and you definitely have enough mass to survive a botched bulk, so don't stress!
>>
>>36276522
Lol thanks anon. I'm actually thinking about finishing up this months "bulk" but just cutting out the beer and doing some cardio as well then go full cut mode in April. Or I might just play it safe and cut now
>>
>>36276555
I'm by no means an expert, but either one of those sounds good. If you cut out the beer and add cardio, you might end up at maintenance, depending on how much booze and running you do. And from memory staying at maintenance for a week or two between a bulk and a cut helps you adjust better. Food for thought, at least.
>>
>>36276570
I was actually thinking about buying a food scale and weighing my rice and shit out.. But yeah I'm for sure gonna cut the booze out of my diet and do some cardio weather it be 30min of incline cardio or sprints.
>>
>>36276584
>not owning a food scale

get on that shit anon, it changed my whole approach to eating
>>
>>36276624
I'll pick one up tomorrow bro... I seems it make life a whole lot easier desu
>>
>>36276584
Sounds good. Makes it precise. I always get frustrated when I've gotta estimate for mfp.

>>36276624
Is it really that big of a deal? I think my mum has got one lying around, but I never really bothered to use it.
>>
>>36276692

Life is so much simpler when quantified. You may not find it necessary for your bulk but your cut basically relies on measuring your intake precisely.
>>
>>36276398
>that pic
*Now* we're talking. *That* is a real 'high test girl'. *That* is the sort of girl you guys should be going for. Agreed?
>>
>>36276751
but anon

>>36267594 exists.
>>
>>36276398
Cut to 7% then bulk to 14%, desu if you're bulking correctly you should still be able to see your abs even at your fattest
>>
Sub 10 รท isnt mantainable, thats why lyle suggest 10-15 range
>>
>>36276398
Ashley Benson is fucking unreasonably attractive
Like, i'm not really into the whole waifu thing but i cant really picture there being a more attractive female. Sure her body could be a bit more /fit/ but those facial aesthetics are just unreal
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.