[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think about these Fitbit things?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (966 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
966 KB, 3264x2448
What does /fit/ think about these Fitbit things?
>>
>>36275256
Bump for interest
>>
File: 1420051288418.jpg (1 MB, 2720x4080) Image search: [Google]
1420051288418.jpg
1 MB, 2720x4080
>>36275256
would be pretty cool if it monitored my blood sugar too.
>>
Mine is great
> track sleep
> track calories burned
> makes me feel fit
>>
>>36275256
They aight.

I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one myself. But that's a personal thing. You do you OP
>>
Fad tech for people who think they're doing "fitness" correctly
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-05-23-28-59.png (158 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-05-23-28-59.png
158 KB, 1440x2560
>>36275256
The Charge HR is pretty cool. It's pretty interesting to see my heart rate amd calories burned versus the intensity of my workout.

I do a four day upper / lower split and it seems like my upper day with OHP is the most intense.
>>
I've been considering getting one. Does having one just scream "I'm a raging faggot please plug all my holes with huge dicks," or are they acceptable to wear in public without judgement? I feel like seeing one makes you look like some cross-fit preaching fucboi.
>>
The only way to calculate how many calories you burn is to eat a fixed amount for 2-4 weeks & watch the scale to make sure its stable, then you'll know what your maintenance is for sure.

These devices tend to over-estimate to make fattys feel good. Ironically that's led to weight gain for those trying to lose, lel.
>>
i wanna get one for running but theyre expensive and im poor so i think ill just kill myself instead
>>
>>36275256
they are unnecessary and seem like you are trying to tell e anyone you are trying to get fit. I never see fit people wear them.
>>
>>36275411
OP here
I don't pay attention to the calorie bs I just set a goal for # of steps per day and try to reach that and having it on my wrist all the time reminds me to stop eating like a damn pig
>>
>>36275432
My dad is fit and he has one but I've never seen anyone else wear one
>>
>>36275434
Well I just walk a fixed distance per day that I pre-measured, and I don't need a reminder, but if I did I would use a $0.02 piece of string tied around my wrist, not a $200 gadget. To each their own though. I'd totally buy them if they worked better. Last I researched you had to manually indicate when you went to sleep. If they were more futuristic I'd buy one.
>>
>>36275456
I bought mine on sale for $28 and I just set a time I normally go to bed and it automatically detects when I sleep as long as it's in the timeframe
>>
>>36275430
good plan!
>>
>>36275472
Sweet which one? My wishlist would be
auto-detects sleep
auto-detects fapping
tests my testosterone & estrogen every 24hrs
tests my blood sugar
has on-board wifi & web browser for shit posting on chan between sets
>>
>>36275401
Nobody even notices that you have one. If it bothers you that much just wear a long sleeve shirt.
>>
>>36275456
>being this poor
>>
Its just a glorified pedometer
>>
Fitbit is not for folks who have very detailed and planned workout regimes, or those who watch every gram of protein, carbs, etc. It's for people who are fat and simply want to lose weight. I got one for Christmas and have lost 25 pounds since wearing one. The best part isn't even the fact that it tracks my walking and exercising, it's the built-in calorie tracker. That thing is a national treasure. Scans every item you could ever buy in store, and has a database of every restaurant's items.

The biggest takeaway from Fitibt and other products is that it makes you very, very aware of what you are taking in and putting out. Which may sound simple for /fit/, but it was a big wakeup call when I first started. Most fat people have absolutely no idea how many calories they take in a day.

In short, it's great for normies who just want to lose some weight. Don't hate.
>>
>>36275593
>Scans every item you could ever buy in store,
Are you talking about the phone app? Every app does this. Also if you're buying processed foods that you can "scan", you're not gonna make it. Again, there's no substitute for weighing out your food properly & eating properly.
>>
I love mine. Saves long term progress for you. Syncs with my fitness pal app and others. I like that it has an alarm built in and notifies my when I hit my step goals with a little vibration. It mobitors my resting heart rate and shows since ive got it its gone down by ten, which is great and motivated me a bit. I have the charge hr. I like to check my heart rate when I exercise at home, it shows me when im in the aerobic done for heart rate and such.
>>
>>36275846
Sorry for all the spelling errors m8s
>>
>>36275846
>Syncs with my fitness pal app
how does this work? Does it just track your walking and log that as cardio in MFP?
>>
I had one, the vevo smart, my screen started to fade due to it rubbing against things at work.
i now have the vevofit 1, but when i get the money i will be paying for there brand new ones that does swimming to
>>
>>36275964
Plus my band got destroyed, and since it is not removable, i just throw the hole thing out. but it lasted me over a year
>>
>>36275926
Yes it puts your steps in my fitness pal at the end of the day as a calorie deduction unleas you do like lots in one sitting.

Also the food you log into my fitness pal sync in with fitbit app and fitbit will tell you if youre under calories/in the zone/or over for that part of the day. It logs everything into graphs and shows your progress.
>>
>>36275983

I think you've just sold me m8
>>
If you don't need that many features you can get the Mi Band. They're like $15 after shipping.
I have mine set to count steps and vibrate when I get texts and emails so I don't need to keep my phone in my pocket
>>
GF got me the Charge HR model for Valentine's Day since it was on sale at numerous stores in anticipation for the new Fitbit models. I've got it synced up with MyFitnessPal because while the Fitbit is excellent the food logging database can't compare to MFP. So far this thing has helped me push myself further than I had been thanks to it's accuracy. The biggest positive it's given me by far though is helping me lower my heart rate. I realized I wasn't getting in nearly enough cardio and I'm already seeing results in 1 month.

>Believe the meme that cardio kills gains
>had a regular resting bpm of 75
>now run almost everyday to end my workouts
>bpm dropped significantly to 68
>>
Smartphones do everything that little band does
Waste of money for pretentious fagets and women
>>
>>36275334
>1 minute cardio
never gonna make it
>>
Mine doesnt seem to be very accurate. I think sleep track was good but it said i walked a bunch of steps and climbed 16 flights of stairs while i was driving.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 720x480
Fit bit's are a meme in my opinion. I have a Garmin Fenix 3 that rocks. I use it for my cycling commute, running, hiking, and swimming. It is endlessly customizable with good battery life, calls, texts, emails, and durable as fuck. 11/10 would recommend
>>
File: hr.png (9 KB, 291x296) Image search: [Google]
hr.png
9 KB, 291x296
>tfw almost sub-60
>>
>>36275256

Models with heart rate sensor are quite accurate tools to estimate your TDEE. The rest are completely useless, most recent phones offer step tracking already.
>>
File: 1436077147334.jpg (28 KB, 252x281) Image search: [Google]
1436077147334.jpg
28 KB, 252x281
I have a fitbit flex and a fitbit aria scale. Whenever I weigh myself on the scale it logs it and graphs it so I can see my weight loss/gain over time and that appears to work very well. The aria scale also calculates your body fat percentage (although not very accurate), but good if you want a rough estimate.

The good thing about the fitbit flex is that its literally a rubber wristband with the small fitbit inside, which you can take out of the band and put in your sock. When I play footy I put it in my sock so it doesn't get ripped off. Then I can see how many steps I did in a game or training session which is good.

I have found since I started wearing it that the number of steps I do in a day has increased, which is only a good thing healthwise. The calorie counting shit it good. I would highly recommend.

If you just do gym though and are a neet otherwise probably not worth it. This is for people out in the world everyday.
>>
>>36275256
what does it exactly monitor?
I don't get the point of tracking some stuff 100% of the time.... pretty sure you get OCD as fuck because of this
>>
>>36278070
What does it track? Personally some functions of the fitbit (calories, sleep, steps walked) are useless to me, only the stop watch and maybe the heartrate would be of use.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.