[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't start exercising
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: current mood.jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
current mood.jpg
46 KB, 540x438
I'm a skinny guy and every time I try to exercise a bit I get tired extremely quickly (in less than a couple of minutes or even with less than 5 push ups I'm beaten). The other day I ran for less than 10 minutes and got sore legs that lasted four days

I went to the doctor to do a medical check up, but he says that I'm very healthy on all aspects and don't have any nutrition deficits or issues

what can be the problem?
>>
You're just being a little bitch. Stop being a little bitch, learn that everyone starts somewhere and learn some patience.
>>
Just grow a pair and be a man
>>
Eat more
Sleep more
Do more
Stop being a bitch
Work through the soreness
Read the Fucking Sticky
>>
>>36273156
I don't know how to do that
>>
>>36273171
And learning how to enjoy pain
>>
>>36273062

not gonna make it
>>
I don't think I have conveyed well enough the idea that there must be something fucking weird happening and that it is not normal to not be able to do the bare minimun that the sticky demands
>>
if you don't do much exercise already, it will hurt. your muscles aren't used to doing exercise. just ignore it
>>
>>36273062
You are out of shape and you are also being a little bitch.
>>
File: 1454460525750.jpg (806 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454460525750.jpg
806 KB, 1920x1200
Here's some motivation you whiny little fuck.
>>
>>36273186
Try to copy Arnold Schwarzenegger
And put yourself in uncomfortable situations and painful situations so they can make a man out of you
Also you can join the army like in mulan
>>
>>36273062
Suffer
What you need is to suffer tremendous pain for a long period of time
Then lifting won't seem so bad by comparison

You've probably never done anything difficult in your life.
>>
File: overstride.jpg (58 KB, 672x678) Image search: [Google]
overstride.jpg
58 KB, 672x678
I'm very underweight (17.5 bmi) and I would have struggled to do 5 pushups when I started. Your legs may have been sore when running because you're running inefficienty (esp. overstriding), watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIDRHUWlVo

if you were running like the man on the left, you're braking with every step and all the impact you're pushing yourself forward with is hitting your leg straight on. It's counter-intuitive maybe but your leg should be landing underneath you.

In short, from what you've said it doesn't sound like it's necessarily anything out of the ordinary - poor form and being out of shape. How underweight are you?
>>
>>36273239
Putting myself in uncomfortable or painful situations makes me angry and frustrated, but when I think about it I may just need to be sad about it, but I can' bring myself to
The army would never allow someone like me
I could never aim to even imitate arnold schwarzenegger

>>36273256
I've never had
Life has been handed to me in such a way that anything that doesn't depend on me is already suited for success; a loveable family, wealth, education, first world... I have all the bases set up for accomplishment, and knowing that I'm just leeching away everyday of my life just makes me feel emptiness

I haven't gone to the mountains in a while, maybe I should one last time

goodnight, sorry for the thread
>>
File: double nigger.gif (97 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
double nigger.gif
97 KB, 236x213
>>36273350
MAN THE FUCK UP

that mentality is wrong and bullshit, and you know that. If your idea right now is to call attention then you fucking pitiful the worst of ways. You are 100% aware of what you are saying not being true, but you have passed through a moment of emotional weakness and let your emotions run rampart

GUESS WHAT
nobody gives a shit

Stop pretending that others will fix your problems when only you can be the one who needs to put effort into things, crying like a bitch only serves for you to sink deeper into a coocon until you no longer cna grasp reality for what it is

all men can be Arnold Schwarzenegger
You must hold yourself together, endure pain and use it as fuel for your journey
The problem you have is not a physical one
Stop saying you can't
Believe in yourself
>>
>The other day I ran for less than 10 minutes and got sore legs that lasted four days
If you would've ran after your legs healed, you wouldn't have been as sore. And the more you did it, a couple weeks later you would barely feel sore after running at all. The problem is you haven't done anything physical in a long time, so at first it will hurt. But the more you work out, the easier it will get.

tl;dr man up, embrace the pain and it will get better
>>
>>36273350
Then go to the ducking forest and try to survive for at least a month
Your instincts will force your body and mind to survive and to survive you need to man up
>>
>>36273278
>How underweight are you?
I'm not underweight

>>36273598
I have uni class to attend
>>
>>36273203
>>36273062

Being a girl is totally normal, there's billions of them. The 'bare minimum' is not determined by a fucking book. It's relative to you. Start where it's comfortable for you and go slow, be patient.

That said, the Sticky may give some useful advice on HOW to succeed, but it doesn't really give the when and where. Do NOT start with SS. Start with mobility, and start slow. Buy yourself a foam roller and do nothing but foam roll and stretch 5 days a week for a month. After that, start a running program like Couch 2 5k.

Listen to your body, and stop being a bitch.
>>
You are extremely maladapted to physical fitness.
If you actually are healthy (you may consider getting a second opinion), then you should begin adapting quickly. A limit under 10 minutes of running or 5 push-ups is definitely below normal, but it doesn't sound necessarily pathological either.
In essence, exercise causes your body a small amount of harm, which we call eustress. Your body adapts to that small harm by improving itself as part of the recovery process. As part of its normal activity, your body stops maintaining any improvements that go unused (the extreme form of this is atrophy, where, for instance, somebody in a body cast loses muscle mass to the point wheer they have difficulty operating normally).
So the idea is that you need to start out very small, but then keep it up. Do 5 push-ups twice today, then do 6 twice the day after tomorrow. Try taking a brisk 20 minute walk three times a week. Over the course of months extend the duration until after, say, 3 months, you're power walking for 30 minutes.
That kind of thing.
>>
>>36273189
M?
>>
>>36273678
Try to hang out with the right friends
Maybe a football player can teach you how to be a man
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.