[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strongman general /smg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: EHDL.jpg (67 KB, 682x682) Image search: [Google]
EHDL.jpg
67 KB, 682x682
Welcome to Strongman General /smg/

Arnold edition.

Results and current standings

Event 1: Max Deadlift
Shaw - 934(?), 981, 1021 (9 points)
Savickas - 856, 891, failed 916 (5 points)
Lalas - 851, 916, failed 941 (6 points)
Hall - 1016, 1026 (10 points)
Bjornsson - 851, 906, 976 (7 points)
Kieliszkowski - 795 (2 attempts), failed 830 (2 points)
Pritchett - 901, 971, 1006 (8 points)
Savatinov - 801, failed 846 (3 points)
Lysenko - 706, failed 751 (1 point)
Shivlykov - 851, 883, failed 906 (4 points)
>>
>>36272683
Event 2: Austrian Oak
Heavy-453
Light-385
-Only Savickas and Lalas pressed the heavy log
Shaw - 5 reps (light log) - 6 points
Savickas - 4 reps (heavy log) - 10 points
Lalas - 1 rep (heavy log) - 9 points
Hall - Injured on heavy log, didn't compete
Bjornsson - 4 reps (light log) - 5 points
Kieliszkowski - 6 reps (light log) - 7.5 points
Pritchett - 3 reps (light log) - 3 points
Savatinov - 3 reps (light log) - 3 points
Lysenko - 3 reps (light log) - 3 points
Shivlykov - 6 reps (light log) - 7.5 points
>>
>>36272683
You're doing God's work, son.
>>
>>36272716
Event 3: Cyr Dumbbell
Heavy-300
Light-273?
Shaw - 3 reps (heavy bell) - 10 points
Savickas - 1 rep (heavy bell) - 8 points
Lalas - 5 reps (light bell) - 7 points
Hall - <withdrew>
Bjornsson - 4 reps (light bell) - 5.5 points
Kieliszkowski - 2 reps (heavy bell) - 9 points
Pritchett - 0 reps (light bell) - 0 points
Savatinov - 4 reps (light bell) - 5.5 points
Lysenko - 0 reps (light bell) - 0 points
Shivlykov - 1 rep (light bell) - 4 points
>>
>>36272734

Why didn't Eddie press?
>>
>>36272734
Event 4: Bale Tote
Light was 1300lbs, heavy was 1540lbs
Shaw - Heavy in ~9s - 10 points
Savickas - Heavy in 16.5s - 9 points
Lalas - Heavy in ~25s(?) - 5 points
Hall - <withdrew>
Bjornsson - Heavy in 19.8s - 7 points
Kieliszkowski - Heavy in 17.72s - 8 points
Pritchett - Heavy in 21.94s - 6 points
Savatinov - Heavy for 6'7" - 3 points
Lysenko - Light for ~5 ft - 2 points
Shivlykov - Heavy for ~11'10" - 4 points
>>
>>36272744
Standings after 4 events:
Shaw - 35 points
Savickas - 32 points
Lalas - 27 points
Hall - 10 points
Bjornsson - 24.5 points
Kieliszkowski - 26.5 points
Pritchett - 17 points
Savatinov - 14.5 points
Lysenko - 8 points
Shivlykov - 19.5 points
>>
Ill give a breakdown on what i have seen and my options, ill try to get some video for you all to see too

Hall went for broke on the deadlift and opened up way to high only hitting 2 attempts.
Shaw could have easily out pulled him but was being smart and playing the long game.

>>36272740
Eddie got hurt trying to press the heavy yoke and withdrew from the competition.
>>
If anyone has a good webm maker link i could use ill throw them up if not ill just be making gifs
>>
gonna throw up some video links for you guys to watch instead
>shaws 1021
https://www facebook com/groups/startingstrongman/permalink/1616862495205317/

>Halls 1026
https://www facebook com/groups/startingstrongman/permalink/1616862548538645/

It thinks the facebook video links are spam so replace " " with "."

Shaw was smooth and had 50+ more pounds in him, but like i said he was playing the long game
>>
Shaw killing the circus db
https://www facebook com/FloElite/videos?fref=photo
>>
God bless you m8, awesome work
>>
>>36272941
really hard to get videos and pics because floelite has exclussive rights.

it sucks but its good for the sport to increase revenue

the smoothness of this pull was amazing no hitching or any other bullshit
>>
i got a lot of picture of shaw because he is posting them to facebook

i have to say i am disappointed in shaw only pressing the light log, i feel he has the strength for the heavy one, but he is "playing the game" quite well.
>>
Shame to hear about Hall. He seems to be plagued by injuries more often than most, particularly in his pressing.
>>
>>36273043
i think he did the lighter log to save himself for the heavy dumbbell
>>
>>36273051
he is quite aggressive with his attempts and his training, it makes sense that he will have a bit higher rate of injury.

A lot of people are saying he came to deadlift only, i was disappointed as i want to see him as an all round competitor and not just a one trick pony

Lets hope he rests and heals up for WSM
>>
>halfthors deadlift, hitched to hell. A lot of people think the long bar deadlift is a huge advantage and off the floor it is, but the bar wip can be a huge issue above the knees. He fought like hell though
https://www facebook com/HafthorBjornsson/videos/vb.132803286824288/786003358170941/?type=2&theater
>>
>>36273043

Shaw always talks about strategy. Its about winning overall, no reason to push it farther than you have to to win.
>>
>>36273513
he is smart, and i like that about him he is going to win for sure. i just think he could have hit the big log
>>
File: Shaw Wins 2015 WSM.jpg (3 MB, 1557x2736) Image search: [Google]
Shaw Wins 2015 WSM.jpg
3 MB, 1557x2736
Shaw is very strategic. Skipping the Oak was a good move, more energy in the other events.

Most guys who have not done a powerlifting type of contest just cannot comprehend how much a 1 rep max, and ESPECIALLY a failed max really fries your CNS. It can take a week or more to recover, and you are gassed the rest of the competition.

Thor attempted the Oak, and from what I heard (I wasn't going to pay the FloFuckers) that he got very close to getting it. Problem is his recent training max of 440 only had him "close" to the 451 he would need to hit the Oak. Also he struggled a lot on his 974 DL, and that also fried him. You could tell he had to work a LOT harder at that than Shaw did his 1021.

I'm comparing them as they are the two tallest men in the contest.

The big issue with Thor is his mass is so spread about. He's only slightly taller than Shaw, and Shaw is heavier.

If THor wants to be Shaw, then Thor needs to add another 20 pounds of muscle, at LEAST, and he needs another 50 pounds on his DL, and 25 on his OHP. This will translate to more power on his dynamic events too. He just needs more mass to compete with the Mammoth Shaw.

Shaw is leaner too, if you notice his bodyfat% has gone steadily down over the last 3 years. He isn't ripped by any means, but from behind he actually "V" tapers now. He looks more solid.

Another strength FREAK coming up is Mateusz Kieliszkowski. He is not filled out really compared to the other guys, and is very young. His static strength and OHP power is unreal. This guy is certainly one to watch, and he could easily become THE man in a few years.

Thor looks like 3-5 years from now could be unbeatable once he has added another 20-40 pounds of muscle.... buuut Mateusz could steal it from him, he is really impressive even though at 6'2" he is not a "giant".

Right now we are in the Reign of Shaw. Z is simply getting a bit too old to hold onto his Iron crown, and Shaw is in his Prime. The king is dead, long live the King.
>>
>>36273084
My strongman knowledge is pathetic and I can't remember what I was watching but it was recent and it was a log press and he decided to just strict press it as opposed to push-press.

Do you have any idea what I mean? Probably 2015 WSM
>>
>>36273765
i thought you said your strongman knowledge is pathetic i was a little offended lol

Yes eddie only strict presses claiming it is to much stress on his knees.

>>36273731
i agree 100% he was smart not to hit the heavy log, i just wanted to see him do it.

I cant wait to watch the next group come up and new rivalries be formed.
>>
When I was a kid, and knew nothing about lifting, I'd watch these contests all the time.

Why was Marius always so unstoppable? Presumably, everyone there was on gear. So technically it should be a level playing field. But for awhile he still smoked guys
>>
>>36273895
man was a beast, but also did a lot of coke thats how he kept himself so lean. He got busted for it in 06 i believe. i still like and respect the man.
>>
>>36273895
Big Z was doing other contests
>>
>>36273914
He's beating up rapefugees now in Poland. Probably does coke in his office and then goes out searching for the ones hiding in his trucks.
>>
>>36273934
this man has lived my dream.

He was asked in an interview
>when was the last time you did steroids
"what day is it today"
>>
>>36273934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAibscQ9Loc
>>
>>36273914
>man was a beast, but also did a lot of coke thats how he kept himself so lean

I highly doubt that cocaine has any benefit to basically anyone in any kind of athletic field. There's a reason that it's still an impure street drug and has never been used as a PED.
>>
>>36273914
They can do steroids but not coke??
>>
>>36273962
lol yep
>>
>>36272683
Thanks for the summary senpai

Too bad eddie got hurt, I want to see him win everything.
>>
>>36273765
It's much harder to get effective leg drive with a log as opposed to a barbell or an axle, lots of heavyweights will use a pretty minimal push on the log.
>>
>>36274079
its body position, ill show you my next video of doing a split jerk on a log, but i am more flexible and get a better body position then some of these bigger guys, also doing less weight current PR is 300 hoping to hit 330 next weekend.
>>
Unofficial results

Event 5: Timber Carry
Shaw - 18.6s - 6 points
Savickas - 13.0s - 10 points
Lalas - 14.27s - 9 points
Hall - <withdrew>
Bjornsson - 14.7s? - 8 points
Kieliszkowski - 16.4s? - 7 points
Pritchett - ~25 feet? - 5 points
Savatinov - ~2 feet? - 3 points
Lysenko - 0 feet - 0 points
Shivlykov - ~10 feet? - 4 points
Final Standings:
Savickas - 42 points
Shaw - 41 points
Lalas - 36 points
Kieliszkowski - 33.5 points
Bjornsson - 32.5 points
Shivlyakov - 23.5 points
Pritchett - 22 points
Savatinov - 17.5 points
Hall - 10 points
Lysenko - 8 points
>>
>>36274573
Sorry didnt space out the final standings

Final Standings:
Savickas - 42 points
Shaw - 41 points
Lalas - 36 points
Kieliszkowski - 33.5 points
Bjornsson - 32.5 points
Shivlyakov - 23.5 points
Pritchett - 22 points
Savatinov - 17.5 points
Hall - 10 points
Lysenko - 8 points
>>
>>36274573
>Z by one point
G O A T
>>
I cant believe big Z came back and won the whole thing, i did not expect him to out pace shaw on the carry!

>>36274592
eyyyy
>>
>>36272683
Who's the Polish guy? Haven't heard of him.
>>
>>36273731

Samefag here. Looks like I spoke too Soon!

The KING lives, Z wins! Shaw TORE A HAMSTRING ON THE FRAME CARRY and finished 5 seconds slower than Z
>>
>>36273895
Pudz was a big fish in a small pond for three of his wins. After 2004, when he came in third behind Z and Virastyuk before being DQed, all the big contenders other than him went over to IFSA.
>>
>>36274608
He won the amateur Arnold comp a few years ago IIRC.
>>
>>36275684

Z went first overall and first in the carry
lalas went 3rd overall and 3rd in the carry
>>
>>36275795
Yeah, SS made a mistake and posted that they went first and second overall.
>>
I think Eddie Hall is never going to win Arnold or WSM if he doesn´t stop playing the "deadlift king". He is just pushing him self way too hard in every deadlift event -> injury.

Also same thing with The Mountain, he is not playing smart. Every year in WSM he goes way too hard in the quelifiers while someone like Shawn only does what is needed to get to the finals.

Also ten points for Shawn keeping his youtube and social media updated. Only this way we can make Strongman great again.
>>
Going to be couched by a IPF national and world champion (+120kg geared). My pushing power is already pretty good, but I¨m hoping with his advice i´ll be able to work around my back problems and finally get enough pulling/squatting power to compete in full powerlifting meet and strongman
>>
>>36272683
whats the best routine for strongman? Is hepburn good?
>>
>>36277622
I think the wobbly bar really fucked Ed's pull. If it were a stiffer bar I think he'd have been good for way more than 465. Also, he had a tricep injury going into it. Given his focus has always been winning WSM I'm not surprised he didn't push it here
>>
>>36277622
I agree to an extent, but even without showboating I don't think Hall or Hafthor would be able to bump Shaw and Z from the top spots (yet) barring injuries. Hell, this year Shaw tore his hamstring on the last event and came in second, and Z tore something in his back two weeks out on top of his existing back issues and still won. I don't blame the guys for enjoying the limelight when they can get it.
>>
>>36278325
I am currently doing hepburn for strongman movement and progressing slowly. I think eventually i will switch to cube for strongman
>>
>>36278597
part of me feels they are exaggerating there injuries like any strain or muscle pull is a tear
>>
>tfw saw Hafthor (45 mins ago)
>had like 2 people next to him
>walk up to get a pic, 2 other people try as well
>takes one more pic and then leave

>tfw you will never have a picture with Hafthor
>>
but guys! Black people have the best genetics!

How are all the top strongest people white?!

>HURR DURR BBC GENETICS

Fucking cringey cucks...
>>
>>36282958
The only one cringe is the person bringing up race genetics when literally no one is talking about it because it matters that much to you... fucking lame.
>>
>>36282958

Why is this even relevant?

Really, even if any Racial group was deficient in any area, why bother bringing it up? What's the point?

If it was really a big issue to say, White people, not being able to compete in sports with BBC genetics, then we would go SS and start Eugenics program and breed up a crop of 7'2" 540 pounds ripped monsters who could deadlift a metric ton, and clean and press 500kg for reps.

Buuut since nobody gives that much of a shit, that isn't happening, and normal people don't turn regular sports into the: "who's race is making the best genetic outliers?" contest.

What does it relate to in life anyway? Its a sport.

Any White woman who has decided to end her European heritage by outbreeding with a Black guy was NOT factoring in weather or not Blacks have any competitive genetic outliers in Strength athletics.

It's not like suddenly Kirill Sarrychev Benched 738 and suddenly White women decided they would want pure White kids again and the blended humanity scheme of Le Happy Merchants was just suddenly halted.

So, again, WHY does "which race making the strongest stronk men" mean ANYTHING relevant?
>>
>>36284982
>anything relevant

yo this is 4chan. What did you expect.
>>
>>36282892
man i wanna meet halfthor
watching him grind out that deadlift and rip his shirt off was terrifying
>>36279729
heard good things about cube method i just cant switch programs
>>
>>36273914
Jesus I'm surptised the man didn't have a fucking heart attack
>>
>>36281764
whats up strongmanfag
>>
>>36281764
Eh, Z's back's been legitimately fucked up since at least the 2015 comp.

Both are far better than Terry "I hurt muh biceps again" Hollands.
>>
>>36285656
You from CBus area or out of towner?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.