[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
macro advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1443146670010.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1443146670010.png
291 KB, 600x512
hey /fit/, need advice for my macros
first off: I'm a girl, 5'2, 120 lb, 21yo, want to lose that extra fat

>inb4: london, post pictures, read the sticky
>nope, nope, already have twice+extended google research

0.8g to 1g protein per lb of bodyweight, how do?
I'm aiming for 1200kcal/day and 120g protein are 40% of that.
so isn't 120g of protein a little bit too much for a girl? (sticky says no matter what gender)
in some threads here people say they get much less protein and see results.
then I read, it should actually be 1g/kg of bodyweight which would be around 55g which would in turn only be 18% of my 1200kcal

questions:
>how much protein do I really need?
>how do I balance out the rest? (fat/carbs), read: in which ratio?

thx!
>>
>>36270511
>first off: I'm a girl,

No shit. And you also have images of niggers on your hard drive. Fuck off and read the sticky cunt.
>>
>>36270511
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36270511
>>how do I balance out the rest? (fat/carbs), read: in which ratio?

40 Protein
40 Carbs
20 Fats
>>
You don't need that much protein, but it's not hard to achieve honestly. Protein is 4kcal per gram, so 120g is 480cal of protein. Leaves you plenty of room for other stuff. 1g-1.2g/kg is much more scientifically based which would be about 64-75g of protein a day for you.
>>
>>36270558

I mathed wrong, meant to say you need closer to 54-60g of protein, not 64-75
>>
>>36270558
okay, say that I stay with 75g, thats 25% of 1200kcal, how balance the rest? I can't anything to that on the sticky and google says very different things
>>
>>36270511
who fucking cares

literally, who fucking cares

they're guidelines. if you want to lose extra fat, do this instead

move a lot. make it your lifestyle.

build every meal around protein. then add fat. then eat non-starchy vegetables. want a snack? eat nuts. more so. cunt.

don't eat starchy food stuffs.

don't eat refined carbohydrates.

did i say move more? move a lot more.

google 'insulin sensitivity'.

everything will take care of itself if you follow these guidelines.

get fucked.
>>
my advise would be to simply do cardio until you've reached your desired weight, because that is a fail-proof way to lose fat.

Another very effective way to lose fat is to consume nothing but water, plain vegetables and some egg whites.

However, since women suck at losing weight, I encourage you to count your calories and do a meme diet, since cardio and strict dieting are like oh my god.... suuuuper hard ya know?
>>
>>36270583
eating in a caloric deficit is all you need to fucking do, as long as you do this and follow 5x5 you will lose 'that extra fat'
>>
>>36270596
weight training burns more fat than cardio any day of the week m8
>>
If i just stop eating i will lose fat?
serious question, not OP tho.
>>
>>36270650
>>
>>36270618
>running non-stop for 1 hour

VS

>lifting a weight for 8 reps, for a total of 25 seconds
>taking a 1 minute break doing nothing
>lifting the same weight for 4 reps during 15 seconds
>taking a 2 minutes break while casually walking to drink some water

Let me guess, you post a lot in /plg/ don't you?
>>
>>36270665
protein synthesis consumes about 4x as much energy as aerobic exercise and takes longer.
>>
>>36270665

Let me guess, you've never studied kinesiology
or any science related to weight training
>>
>>36270774
No I haven't, my beliefs that cardio is better than lifting for losing weight are based on personal experiences.

I have noticed that if I go to the gym 5x a week and run at a high pace for one hour on a threadmill, I lose more fat than if I simply do one hour of lifting.

I guess you guys have simply never done any legit cardio. 1 hour at a high speed. there needs to be literally pools of sweat on the floor
>>
>>36270774
he's studied balls, from underneath.

>>36270881
>I guess you guys have simply never done any legit cardio.

i used to do four hour trail runs. fuck off. protein synthesis is the key to loss of fat mass.
>>
>>36270964
please stop posting on /fit/, noobies will start believing your bullshit
>>
>>36271022
drop the faggotry, faggot. you are the cancer that has turned this board from the domain of serious lifting to pure anal twinkery, you worthless piece of shit.
>>
>>36270583

Honesty it's just whatever fits. I usually have less fats because fats are 9kcal each which add up a lot quicker than carbs at 4kcal each. I usually stay under 30g of fat, around 120g protein and fill the rest with carbs on any given day just because that's how it works with what I want to eat.
>>
>>36270881

>lose more fat
Sure
>lose more than just fat
Yep

Lifting is more fun, not as tedious and will make you look good after you lose the fat.

Running is good in combination with lifting. No matter where your priorities are.

Otherwise

>skellington plsgo.
>>
>>36271533
thanks man!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.