[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting accutane this week at 30mg/die. Pray for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 1314177438_285628_large.jpg (65 KB, 511x404) Image search: [Google]
1314177438_285628_large.jpg
65 KB, 511x404
I'm starting accutane this week at 30mg/die.
Pray for me shitlords
>>
>having shitty skin genetics
kek
>>
I took Accutane and besides dry skin, I didn't have an issues. It has been nearly eight years and I haven't had any major acne recurrence.

I would think that my story is that of the average Accutane user. You only hear the horror stories more often because the rest of us wouldn't waste time writing 'wow, it's fucking nothing' in side effects discussions.

Look at the evidence and decide if it is worth the risk. Maybe you will make it through.
>>
I always like how they include "depression" like something to warn you against

as if the big sores all over my face weren't causing severe depression
>>
It's a lifesaver
>>
Don't forget fucked liver
>>
I'm currently on 20mg. Here's what you can expect:

>Extremely dry lips
>Dry skin
>Occassional rash
>First ~3 months are gonna be absolute hell (keep going though it'll get better)

I've been on it since November. My acne was extremely bad (whiteheads, cystic, open wounds and scabs, bloody pillows).
Now it's 95% gone, only left are some red markings that'll fade on their own.
>>
>>36268882

Depending on where you live, you will get blood work done every month. I did and there wasn't any problems. They will figure it out fast if your liver was being ruined.
>>
>>36268796
Same experience here. Took it, acne went away in about a month and hasn't come back.

The worst part about it for me was the nosebleeds. My nose would get really dry and then bleed everywhere for like an hour. It sucked.
>>
I'm taking a 70-day anti-biotic cure OP. I'm not sure if it is worse or better than accutane, but they don't use accutane in my country anymore. Good luck brah.
>>
>>36269015
I had experience with various tetracyclines, shit worked real gud, too bad that in my case at soon as I stopped taking it acne came back as before, plus I got teeth yellowing.
Good luck on your journey too anyway
>>
>>36268970

I never got any nosebleeds on it, but now that I think about it potential users should understand that there's other symptoms that come along with the dry skin, namely redness and it's sometimes not just as easy as moisturising.

Also, it's going to get worse before it gets better. All your future pimples and clogged pores will start breaking out sooner, although in my case it didn't make much of a difference.

If you hope Accutane is some magic pill that has no symptoms and clears up your acne within days well you're going to be disappointed but if you look at it realistically and compare it to the possibility of having to suffer with acne with out it for many years than it's one of the most worthwhile drugs you can take.
>>
Took it about 5 years ago. The joint pain was an absolute bitch, since I was on it while playing college rugby, but as long as you're not a puss it's no big deal.
>>
>>36268647
You should already be putting chap stick on your lips like a week before even starting and using a good body moisturizer like cetaphil or something.

Do this BEFORE you get dry skin or lips. When I was on accutane I only just started feeling dried out near the tail end of the prescription. Also fish oil for dry joints.
>>
>>36268647
just got off of a round of 40mgs for 4 months. been 2 weeks and still dry as hell. you need creams and lip balm man
>>
>>36269055

Teeth yellowing worries me a lot actually. Thanks.
>>
>>36268647
I'm currently on a very high dose, like 60 or 80 mg a day, and I will tell you what I've experienced:

>Pretty effective at controlling acne, face clear in less than 2 months, chest a month later and shoulders and back after that.
>Chapped lips are real. Invest in some good stuff like blistex or aquaphor, and expect to apply it every hour or two. Do not leave the house without lip balm if you expect to be gone for more than an hour.
>Dry skin I guess, but not too bad, lotion every day or two.
>Never had a full i.e. dripping or flowing nosebleed, but you will notice blood sometimes when you blow your nose, and it will feel dry. Saline solution in the nostrils every morning helps.
>Dry, itchy eyes. You'll need some basic saline eyedrops every 4-6 hours at most
>Depression. I may have had underlying factors for this, but to put it in perspective I had a major trauma (My father's death) while not on this shit and I pulled through just fine whereas a more minor issue (relationship shit) drove me into a depressed, alcoholic hole for a couple months. Alcohol makes the psychological symptoms worse, so I don't recommend drinking while on it. You're told not to, and you should listen.
>>
>>36269351
I think the depression thing is overblown and more related to the fact that people get full on outbreaks before it gets better.

Also drinking on alcohol is a HUGE no no, your blood is already thinned out from the heavy doses of accutane, which is why 1 or 2 beers will make you buzzed. If you were to get in an accident and suffer a severe cut, you would probably die because there would be no clotting.
>>
>>36269432
That's quite a lot of broscience there
>>
>>36268647

I had all of the top five side effects for six months.

Made squatting a living nightmare I'll tell you.
>>
>>36269623

Oh and done now. Acne mostly gone. Only thing left is the scarring, but I hope it'll clear out too. No more joint pains.
>>
Disclaimer that I'm a god-damned retard

Have never gone higher than 20mg. Did that for a few months and then weened it out, now I'm like a year and a half in and I'm doing 20mg A MONTH, probably gonna go 20mg every 2 months. Only ever had dry lips and still do but I honestly don't drink nearly enough water.

Haven't had blood-tests done, but I would guess that a low dosage isn't harmful. Hair feels a bit thinned-out but my dads hair was about the same at my age and I'm under a lot of stress so it's probably not related.

Anyway, ask your doctor if going the long route (small dosage/no sides) is viable for you.
>>
>>36269623
>>36269647

ALSO should mention. I was on 60mg/day for six months.
>>
File: 1456185954773.jpg (47 KB, 463x494) Image search: [Google]
1456185954773.jpg
47 KB, 463x494
On 500mg ED DNP and 60mg ED accutane.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>36269714

How's your liver?
>>
>>36268647
Took this when i was younger, my lips were so fucking dry and chapped i had to continuously put on chap stick or they would crack.
>>
>>36269725
The same as other 60mg ED accutane users. DNP doesn't affect the liver; the occasional yellowing of eyes (which I haven't gotten at all) isn't from jaundice or any liver-related connections.
>>
>>36269669
going from 20mg/day to 40mg/day made virtually no difference in side effects for me
>>
File: 1454709913838.jpg (2 MB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454709913838.jpg
2 MB, 1916x1080
>>36268647
I've been on black market shit for 4 months now. Currently on 80mg/daily. Get some decent chapstick and wear sunblock.

Other than that I've been fine. But trust me, way more than worth it.
>>
>>36269015

>70 fucking days of antibiotics

RIP in piss healthy gut function, holy goddamn shit your doctor is an absolute madman anon.
>>
>>36268647

I had pretty bad acne and high school and ultimately was put on Accutane.

It dried the fuck out of my face and chapped my lips a lot, but I was already so self conscious due to having acne.

Cleared up my face permanently though. It's really an amazing drug.
>>
Is accutane only for pizza faces? I have mostly clear skin now,
but almost always have 2-3 blemishes at a time which I find annoying should I consider accutane?
>>
>>36270069
Theyd probably put you on a weaker drug first, accutane is almost always used for extreme cases.
>>
>>36270090
but it would completely clear my face right?
I've been struggling with acne for such a long time now and it never goes completely away.
Use to be pizza face then I started doing all the recommended stuff to clear face.
Washing every morning/night, even went far as to become vegetarian and still get a bit of acne. Need solution. ;(
>>
>>36270181
just suck it up, nobody really gives a shit about 2-3 spots. change your pillowcase (use tshirts) every night if you don't do that already.
>>
>>36270181
post pic and i'll tell you if it's worth or not
>>
>>36270181
Well get something weaker, when you talk to your dermatologist he'll most likely put you on something weaker first. I was on some weaker antibiotic that started with a T, i cant remember the name, before acutane. Its not really up to you, gotta do what your dermatologist says mate.
>>
>>36270211
Already do that, I do all the acne deterrents at this point,
clearly just shit skin genetics at this point.
>>36270224
don't want people making fun of my ugly mug on here ;(
>>36270263
yeah considering doing this will look into meeting with one.
>>
>>36270355
Check this out
http://www.emedexpert.com/conditions/acne.shtml
Tetracycline is the name i was thinking of
>>
>>36270355
Don't worry dude, I'm sure you are a handsome man no homo. Just don't make a weird face
>>
>>36270398
will read up on this thanks
>>36270426
haha I would do it but my face is actually pretty clear right now, so not very indicative of how it normally is.
>>
Accutane just makes your acne worse. And it takes so long to do anything. And then once you get off it, you get your acne back.
>>
>>36270549
Completely untrue
>>
File: Shinobu2.png (376 KB, 489x546) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu2.png
376 KB, 489x546
So tempting to do it just because I want to drink milk again.
I do have xbox huge acne sometimes, but I'm not that bothered by it.
>>
>>36268647
That is not even a complete list of accutane side effects lol.

And LOL at "temporary" hair thinning. My hair started falling out with accutane, and it has never stopped.

For me, basically, I turned into an old man within two weeks of accutane. Couldn't do all the youthful things I could before.

It did calm down my acne though, though I still have horrible acne because I had to stop early.

I was on 40mg though. 30mg is better. I would be happier with 20mg.
>>
>>36270181
Prob depends on how old you are as acne is connected to hormones and shit. I started acutan about a year ago and took it for 6 months and it was completely gone at the end of the treatment. And now 6 months later, clear face, just plow through it m8, its worth it
>>
>>36270673
Lol I just got really dry skin, lips and eyes. Also got pretty easily drunk and felt beat up sometimes when I woke up
>>
>>36270723
What is weird is that I don't remember feeling dry. I put on cream because they told me to, but I don't remember feeling dry.
>>
Can't remember my dose, was quite heavy (5 years ago).
>Chapped lips
>Dry skin - hands constantly peeling and flaking, basically spend a year of my life with open sores on my hands. Fingertips were really thin.
>Possible joint pain, wasn't really focusing on that

Not sure if I would do it again if I knew how I'd react. Skin is still semi shit.
>>
I'am on 30mg and i get severe mood swings and depressions sometimes, when i normally never had that(not pre-existing)
>>
>>36269583
That's literally the reason doctors give to you for not drinking while on Accutane, friendo :^)

This is why people experience nose bleeds frequently, the thinned blood combined with dry cracked skin in there.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.