[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel bloated most of the time, have awful-smelling farts, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
I feel bloated most of the time, have awful-smelling farts, and have hard/ass-irritating shit (with occasional undigested chunks)

What could this be causes by and how do I stop it? I eat plenty of fiber a day (~50g) and maintain a good diet, albeit high on oats, whole grains, nuts, and milk. Please help, I'm tired of this shit
>>
>>36268221
cut the milk. I used to feel like i was being stabbed in the gut until i quit dairy.
>>
>>36268221
Have you tried less fiber? Do you soak your oats overnight before eating them? Are you lactose intolerant?
>>
>>36268244
I can, but given my food choices, that'll actually prove a little hard. I don't soak oats, just stick em in the microwave for a minute, and I shouldn't be lactose-intolerant - been drinking all my life without any problems
>>
>>36268221
i have the same thing man do you only shit once or twice a week max?

how do i end this suffering
>>
>>36268322
No, thank goodness, but I do shit less per session. It's concerning, t b g
>>
>>36268221
Back on the cheeseburgers again eh?
>>
>>36268345
Pic from the google images
>>
>>36268221

I used to be gassy and bloated even when I ate almost entirely clean foods. I think it was the broccoli but now I eat green beans and carrots only and that has helped a little bit.

What has helped immensely in hydration. I work from home so it's fine if I have to piss every 30 minutes but I'll drink a minimum of 1 gallon a day, sometimes 2.

I'll try to finish my first gallon from 8 to noon and finish my second gallon before 3-4 or else I'm up pissing multiple times a night. Obviously not feasible for everyone if you've got a job that makes it hard, class, etc.
>>
Try cutting out dairy, you may be lactose intolerant, or at least lactose sensitive.
>>
>>36268221
I don't think the true relationship of fiber and bowel movements is known casually...

I have a guaranteed good bowel movement diet for you though: refried pinto beans. Just eat beans (with salt) and some generic mixed frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc) and water. Your shits will be heavenly if you follow that diet.
>>
Go vegan.
>>
>>36268221
You may have an obstruction in your bowels. Try taking stool softener or laxatives. Next step is el doctór
>>
>>36268221

>I eat plenty of fiber a day (~50g) and maintain a good diet
>No mention of yogurt
>No mention of kefir
>No mention of kombucha
>No mention of cultured vegetables

Unless you're on top of your probiotic game, all that fiber is doing is providing the perfect breeding ground for candida. As the yeast ferments the food in your body it produces sugar alcohols and carbon dioxide - hence the bloating and rancid farts.
>>
Try getting some gut bacteria. Find some organic, whole milk, unflavored yogurt or greek yogurt that says it has probiotics. It might help.
>>
>>36268396
I'll see what I can do. I'll more Greek yogurt today and less milk, and drink tons of water. If it doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I'll try a stool softner. Any recommendations? I'd like to avoid medication if I can just some stimulating food instead
>>
>>36268577

Dandelion tea is probably what you're looking for. Drink it before bed. If you can fast for a half a day or so after drinking the tea, you can try a salt-water cleanse.

>Take .5 liters hot water
>Stir in 2 tbsp of sea salt
>Add .5 liters of cold water to temper it
>Slug the 1 liter of warm salt water as quickly as possible
>Stay near a toilet for 2-3 hours

That'll clean you out unless you've got some kind of blockage.
>>
>>36268221
bro y is u eating 50g of fiber go for 30g
>>
>>36268221

Go to a fuckin doctor, I had the same as you, went to the doc and 1 hour later, I had an xray of my colon and turns out I have redundant Colon, nasty shit but now I know what I have
>>
>>36268265
I haven't looked into this but I think you can develop lactose intolerance at any time. I would also consider other GI disorders. Maybe you're one of the few people with actual ciliac disease? crohns?
>>
>>36268221
Lactose intolerant maybe
>>
Ya'll niggas need to get to a doctor
>>
Do an elimination diet. Do each for 3-4 weeks. Stop once symptoms stop. Do not cheat even once because the symptoms can take long to clear even if it was just during one meal.

First eliminate dairy
Then eliminate any gluten products, even if you dont have celiacs you can still have bad reactions to gluten
Eliminate all meat except clean water unfarmed fish
Then eliminate oats, brown rice, and beans. These are often mold contaminated. White rice is actually better even if people fall for the brown rice meme
Then eliminate eggs. Youre on a vegan diet at this point.

Also get bloodwork done maybe youre deficient in one thing or another. Or maybe even worms.
>>
File: WP_20160305_001.jpg (679 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160305_001.jpg
679 KB, 3264x2448
>>36268909
I found this at my store. Is this what you're referring to?

>>36269080
I'll do this, but I'll stop with peanut butter first. It's the most recent addition to my diet, and I have a suspicion that it's the culprit
>>
>>36268221
Do you use coffee creamer?
>>
>>36269657
Nope. Only milk if anything
>>
>>36268366
yeah broccoli and asparagus, celery is know to cause bloating
>>
>not using the potent farts to your strategic advantage

OP confirmed to never make it
>>
>>36269938
When they disturb me more than the victim, that's when we hit the reverse
>>
>>36270019
I literally got expelled from college for farting lol
>>
>>36269236

That's exactly it, breh. I like to brew it in a 12 oz. teapot with 2 servings of benefiber and a tablespoon of honey. Then drink it out of 4 oz. tea-cup over the course of an hour while I'm winding down for bed.

The next day your shit comes out like chocolate soft-serve. Personally, I fast on Saturday (aside from protein shakes) - the salt-water cleanse on Sunday mornings really keeps the colon running smoothly.
>>
I used to eat garbage every day, straight gas station pizza/soda/burgers. Drank beer too. I was about 160lbs. Now I'm eating entirely oats and wey protein, and my stomach looks distended most of the time and I have terrible farts. I swear I was way healthier on that fast food diet.
>>
I had to stop eating oats to stop my bloating and farting, im getting gluten free oats tomorrow and see if the bloating comes back
>>
>>36268977
doctors are a waste of time. i asked mine about it he said stop taking calcium vitamins that did nothing what am i going to book another appointment so that they can book another appointment fuck im mad already thinking about it
>>
>>36270104
yeah i have been eating high fiber for months now and im still bloated. it seems to be getting a little better but i still look pregnent from the side even with low bodyfat.
>>
File: download.jpg (37 KB, 561x319) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
37 KB, 561x319
I started having problems similar to OP about 1.5 years ago. At the time ate an okay diet, wasn't in good shape, but not completely out of shape or obese.

Since then I've cleaned up my diet and now workout six days a week. Don't consume any soda or other junk. But none of that helped my gastrointestinal issues at all.

What has helped is eliminating almost all lactose. I now only consume a little from strained yogurt, which I reintroduced into my diet after going several months with absolutely no lactose. Yogurt lets me eat spicy food without issue, and also minimizes gas. And pic related is goddamn tasty + 14g protein.

Still experimenting with other things. I've found that oatmeal has a major acute effect on me, more so than anything else. So I've recently stopped eating oats.

Been taking probiotics for 3 months, with little benefit.

Now experimenting with no alcohol, as well as avoiding grains other than white rice.

Good luck brehs.
>>
>>36270054
Too many scoops, my man

>>36270102
Just bought it. Fucking expensive, but hopefully it'll be worth it. Here's to a shit smoothie in the morning
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.