[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on paleo.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
Redpill me on paleo.
>>
Fucking retarded ideas but the diet is healthy. Would be better with wholegrains and legumes
>>
Paleo is how to lose weight and get big gains
>>
>>36268049
this

paleo is... sortof stupid, but it is a very, very good diet for you. I recommend it to anyone, but ypu should include oats if you lift (which are forbidden since "hur durr cavemen didn't eat oats you dummy!")
>>
>>36268082
I'd recommend oats and legumes to anyone irregardless of lifting
>>
Paleo is a way to trick fat people into not eating a thousand calories of bread every day
>>
File: image.jpg (294 KB, 733x1069) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294 KB, 733x1069
>>
>>36268178
This lmao.

There's better diets but anything to trick fatties into a calorie deficit is good.
>>
>>36268433
Eat as much high fat processed shit like bacon as you like its good for you.

Sounds like a good way to die of a fucking heart attack or colorectal cancer.
>>
>>36267606

>redpill

fuck off
>>
>>36268082
they recently found archaeological evidence of paleolithic humans grinding oats, so oats might be paleo now.

>>36268049
>>36268082
are you two saying it's too low-carb?

>>36268433
what if I'm trying to add lean muscle mass ;)
>>
>>36268049

>but the diet is healthy

For the most part, it isn't. Pretty much the only thing healthy about it is that it normally includes fruits and vegetables. I've seen some pretty good paleo diets but the way most people eat it is horrible. Just a bunch of steak with some broccoli on the side, and very little variety.

>>36268433

This isn't Paleo but it's stupid none-the-less.
>>
>>36268922
>For the most part, it isn't.
what isn't healthy about it, other than those doing a suicide version of it (steak and broccoli)?
>>
File: tmp_1454007068551-1197637009.jpg (35 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1454007068551-1197637009.jpg
35 KB, 500x667
>>36268629
Whole meats like chicken breasts, steaks, and fish is recommended. Hot dogs, bacon, and other processed meats are not. Organic, grass fed and humanely raised all end up making meat healthier.

>>36268922
Thank you for explaining why Paleo isn't good for, I love the evidence cand citations.

White rice is de-shelled and makes a great source of carbohydrates that are digestable (as compared to brown rice). Einkorn wheat is also a Paleo approved grain.

Raw milk, more specifically goat and sheep milk is extremely good for your gut and is a complete food.

The Paleolithic diet does well in explaining what to avoid, but removing too many foods from your diet and failing to find good replacements can leave people frustrated and hungry and ultimately you may stop as a result.
>>
>>36269521
how is rice paleo approved? I thought it was supposed to be pre-agriculture.
>milk
I thought milk isn't paleo either.
>>
Prehistoric men hardly ever lived up to 30, so basing your nutritional choices on them seems kinda weird
>>
>>36269637
>Prehistoric men hardly ever lived up to 30
I'm pretty sure that statistic is from earlier times in history (not prehistory) where infant mortality skews the results.
>>
>>36268922
That's like saying the recommended human diet isn't healthy because the average human isn't either.
>>
>>36269689
Are you saying the adults were living longer compared to modern standards?
>>
>>36270343

Paleo people actually had decent lifespans, around 50.

If you survived childhood you didnt have much in the way of transmissible disease to worry about, your lifestyle was active and intake was healthy.

The reason most eventually died was actually just their teeth, as they couldnt eat anymore or they rotted and became infected.

They also only hunted/ worked for about 20 hour weeks.

Life wasnt as hard as your farcry game made it out to be.
>>
>>36270343
no, but I don't think how healthy paleolithic man was is relevant to the paleo diet. The idea behind the diet isn't that everything paleolithic is healthy and everything modern is unhealthy it's that we (may have) evolved to eat that diet, and the one we have now we haven't evolved to eat (unless you think evolution happens that quickly).
>>
File: tmp_1454004886559-1197637009.jpg (24 KB, 550x641) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1454004886559-1197637009.jpg
24 KB, 550x641
>>36269601
"Grains aren’t bad because they have carbs. They’re bad because they contain various antinutrients and gut irritants that humans aren’t designed to digest."

http://paleoleap.com/about-rice/

http://paleoleap.com/all-about-raw-milk/
>>
>>36271119
I read the rice article, but it doesn't have any sources - not to mention that "anti-nutrient" and "gut irritant" aren't terms I've ever seen anywhere. That doesn't mean they're made up but it's pretty dubious.
>>
>>36267606

Google paleo gurus. They're either fat or on gear. Sisson? Sack of shit until he got on the test. Cordain? Fat as fuck and getting fatter. Wolf? Skinny fat man who only looks good in selected photoshoots with a fat wife.

>Checkmate

Something else to consider is that others who claim they thrive on it are also stimmed up (ephedrine, caffeine, modafinil) to hell as a result of having no energy from carbs. Eg. Jamie Lewis of Chaos and Pain fame. (He is also on the anabolics, which he downplays at every turn.)
>>
File: laugh8.gif (933 KB, 200x137) Image search: [Google]
laugh8.gif
933 KB, 200x137
>>36271119
>antinutrients
>>
>>36271249
It's from the same guy that only eats Activated Almonds.
>>
>>36267606
Paleo man never had access to pills, so I can't explain it to you in an autistic Reddit manner
>>
>>36271657
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinutrient

"Phytic acid has a strong binding affinity to minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, and zinc. This results in precipitation, making the minerals unavailable for absorption in the intestines. Phytic acids are common in the hulls of nuts, seeds and grains."
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1200x1200
>>36268140
>irregardless
>>
>>36273064
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinutrient
That's why you activate your almonds, you nutter.
>>
>>36269097

An over-reliance on meat for calories while not being able to eat a lot of healthy foods just because they aren't part of the paleo gimmick.

>>>36269521

>White rice is de-shelled and makes a great source of carbohydrates that are digestable (as compared to brown rice). Einkorn wheat is also a Paleo approved grain.

I've never heard of wheat being Paleo-approved but what's the point of making excuses to allow things that weren't eaten during the Paleolithic if the whole point of the diet is to eat things that were only eaten by humans during the Paleolithic? The second you start trying to make science-based justifications for food, it stops being the Paleo diet.

>>36271119

>"Grains aren’t bad because they have carbs. They’re bad because they contain various antinutrients and gut irritants that humans aren’t designed to digest."

And yet when you ask Paleo people to provide any kind of evidence for these things, at best you get some papers on gluten intolerance in people with celiac disease, at worst you just get random theories about toxins with no scientific support because they just need to make up a reason for why you can't eat oatmeal when you're following their gimmicky diet even though everyone else in the world would agree that oats are very healthy.
>>
>>36269521

>White rice is de-shelled and makes a great source of carbohydrates that are digestable

You know why the bran is good? Because it lets you digest the glucose more slowly. Saying white rice is good because it's "digestible" is like saying refined sugar is good because it's easy to digest. It being easily digested isn't necessarily a good thing.
>>
>>36274155
Oh man, I haven't heard this meme in 2 long. Thx.
>>
>>36271624
>No carbs
>What is sweet potato
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.