[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm 20kg over my ideal weight. have no money to pay a gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 3
File: 1450018494189.jpg (421 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
1450018494189.jpg
421 KB, 1300x867
i'm 20kg over my ideal weight. have no money to pay a gym and as i read the sticky, i wondered if others can relate as someone above weight unhappy with their body and would care to give any tips to start exercizing an losing weight
>>
eat less move more
>>
>>36267360
don't need a gym membership to run down the street, count calories, easy
>>
>>36267360
I wish people would stop associating Losing weight = Going to the gym. Going to the gym is never a bad idea, but the most important part of losing weight is adjusting your diet. That costs literally negative money. Just eat less—there is no magic involved.
>>
>>36267360
considering you might have never lifted in all your life, then you're like 30kg over your ideal weight
>>
>>36267360
Torrent P90X, do the exercise and follow the diet
>>
>>36267360
Exercising is useless for weight loss. Don't even bother. The only way is to eat less calories.
>>
>>36268487
>Exercising is useless for weight loss.

>/fit/
>>
>>36268501
exercising is useless for weightloss - everybody with a clue
exercising is how you lose weight. diet is not enough - everybody who's fat and dyel
>>
>>36268586
Calories in calories out.
>>
>>36268606
The problem with the calories out part is that basically every fatty likes to overestimate that part (because they feel proud or whatever). It's best to completely neglect that part in your calculation and just pretend like you didn't work out. If your diet depends on burning x calories, then it will fail, 100%. It's too hard to estimate how much calories you burn exactly to rely on it.
>>
>>36267360
>tips to start exercizing an losing weight
Walk every day. Mark your time or distance on the calendar.

When you can't fit more time/distance in your schedule, start alternating jogging and walking.

Do it EVERY GOD DAMNED DAY. Don't skip it.

Build new and better habits.
>>
>>36268586
>Consuming less calories than you burn = weightloss.
>Exercise != weightloss.

>Exercise doesn't burn calories.

Nice logic friend :)
>>
>>36268683

STUPID
>>
>>36268714
>STUPID
No.

Losing weight is simple. Movement. Walking is simple, and easy to track.

Takes no equipment besides clothes and shoes. Maybe a chronograph.

Thank you for your input.
>>
>>36267360
Spend less money on food and more money on gym.
>>
>>36268701
purpose of lifting weights is damaging muscle fibers
the one and only thing that causes weight loss is a negative energy balance
please tell me it was just a low effort trolling attempt and you're not actually that stupid
>>
>>36268790
Why shouldn't one accelerate weight loss by moving more?

I didn't say "lifting weights", I said "Exercise", meaning: anything from walking to and including lifting weights.
Of course lifting weights are not the most effective exercise for weight loss, but simple refuting that it burns calories and thus doesn't help the body burn fat, is just dumb.

But I think.... I know what you're saying.. even though you are saying it in a really stupid way.
>>
>>36268950
Basically... you can't deny this:

>Maintenance: 2000 cal
>Eating: +2000 cal.
>Running 10 km: -800 cal.
>Result:
>1200 cal input, 800 cal deficit.
>Losing about 800g / week body mass.
>>
>>36268979
Problem is that nobody runs 10 km every day.

If you want a diet that reliably works, you simply need to eat at or below BMR. Everything else is simply set up for failure.
>>
>>36269010
>nobody runs 10 km every day.
Sure they do. They're called "runners".

>eat at or below BMR. Everything else is simply set up for failure.
No. Being overweight is a problem of bad habits and a sedentary life. Being active burns calories, and improves mental health.

There are more benefits than just the caloric numbers.

Activity > diet.
>>
>>36269010
Okay.

So you agree that exercise is not useless?
>>
>>36269044
Thanks for helping me educate this guy.
>>
>>36267360
I have a surprise for you. Losing weight requires less money than gaining or maintaining! Ain't that wonderful?
>>
>>36269044
>Activity > diet.
Nah, it's really the other way around if your goal is primarily weight loss.

>>36269047
Yes, "exercise is useless" is stupid, but I didn't write that. I'd say exercise is nothing you should calculate with in a diet.
>>
>>36268950
no, you are saying whatever you're saying in a really stupid way
you can accelerate weight loss by... increasing the deficit
how you do it is up to you
but as far as weight loss there is NO benefit from increasing deficit by "exercising" more rather than by just eating less. calories in calories out, it's the kind of math that they teach 7 year olds
stop spreading normie meme science
>>
>>36267360
Stop eating like a pig and start walking or running.
>>
>>36269119
>it's really the other way around if your goal is primarily weight loss.

Diet alone doesn't work. It is a psychological mess, which is why nobody sticks with it.

Exercise is a more sustainable habit.
>>
>>36269171
you're fucking fucked up because it's LITERALLY 100% the opposite
or trolling, then congrats
>>
>>36269171
>Diet alone doesn't work.
Yes it does.

>Exercise is a more sustainable habit.
No, it's absolutely not, at least not for most people. Most people work out three times a week tops and feel so proud about themselves and eat 1000 kcal of food afterwards that they are PRETTY SURE the elliptical said they had burned. Exercise is a nice bonus, not more.
>>
>>36269253
>Yes it does.
If you're severely overweight, then sure.

For most people, diets won't do what exercise and fitness can.

To each their own, though. Good luck losing your fat.
>>
5xClose the fridge
5xPut that icecream away
5xWalk past nearby fastfood joint
Superset: eat a salad instead of burgers

Perform this routine 7 days a week for maximum fat loss gains
>>
>>36269323
this post
>truth: 0%
>false: 100%
>>
>>36269119
But you literally wrote:
>Exercise is useless for weight loss.

Come on anon, it's not that hard to admit your mistake.
>>
>>36269138
:)
>>
>>36269504
No, I literally did not write that. I know the whole concept of an anonymous image board can be frustrating sometimes.
>>
>>36269504
funny thing is, it IS literally useless for weight loss
it's just as useful as sitting and not eating. except you have to sit for a little longer
calories in calories out. exercising is a way to increase calories burned over time. NOT a way to "lose weight"
you guys are mentally retarded I swear
>>
>>36269531
It is frustrating when someone enters a conversation without letting it be known with the standard:
>Not him, but...
or any version thereof.
>>
>>36269578
Who are you to say what is hardest for a certain individual in his attempt to lose weight?
Just because you subjectively feel it's useless because it's the "hard" way, doesn't mean everyone does. It might be harder for some to simple eat less, than it is to exercise more.
>>
>>36269625
Sup bro, I'm new to this thread, but...

I actually like taking over for other peoples conversations and letting people take over mine without a word.

It makes me feel like a fucking skinwalker or some shit. I do it all the time.
>>
File: jBFQXRC.jpg (6 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
jBFQXRC.jpg
6 KB, 201x251
>>36269701
>>
>>36268672
Fair enough, rendered moot of course if people are accurately calculating their calorie output but yes, some people do overestimate it in a similar way to people who think "I'll set my watch 5 minutes early, and then I'll be early to everything!" and then just automatically assume they always have a spare 5 minutes.
>>
>>36269687
it's not a hard way, it's not a way at all
>>
>>36267360
>I can't get into a gym, how do I lose weight?
Sorry if I'm missing the point but you don't seem to have thought very clearly about this.
>>
>>36269887
Okay.. enlighten me. What is your personal definition of "calories out"?
>>
>>36269578
>NOT a way to "lose weight"
You have autism.

Humans are opportunistic eaters who are meant to move.

Restricting diet alone is unnatural.

Increasing physical activity is natural.

Exercise is more important than diet, but both are necessary for a certain level of vanity and performance.
>>
>>36267360
You people sicken me
>>
>>36269932
>Restricting diet alone is unnatural.
No, you know what's unnatural? Having tons of processed shit food all around you your whole life is unnatural. It's natural that food restriction simply happens by availability.
>>
>>36269920
calories used by your body
you use probably between 2000 and 2500kcal a day just by living
that's approximately 100kcal per hour
losing weight comes from a negative energy balance. that's the definition of it and that's all there is to it
you don't lose weight by exercising. otherwise you could even say that you can lose weight by sleeping because you burn calories while doing it.
>>
>>36270001
>Having tons of processed shit food all around you
Be more selective at the grocery store. Work out. End.
>>
>>36269932
going for a few days without food because there were no animals to kill was something normal
but eating less rice for dinner, two slices of bread less for breakfast and skipping supper to get leaner for summer is unnatural
k m8
>>
>>36270032
You make zero sense.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>36270017
Erhm...

Okay.. I don't really know how to respond anymore, you just said yourself that exercise = calories out.
Earlier you said it's all about calories in / calories out.

I know what you're saying.. but it equates to saying:
Eating food is not making you put on weight! It's only about calories in / calories out.

And in case you are not saying exercise = calories out.. then.. you are the only person to define calories out pure as being BMR.
>>
So if I'm an obese fuck, I have just to eat my BMR to loose fat?
Do I have to readjust every 10 pounds or something?
>>
>>36270103
purely*
>>
>>36269932
This is the wrongest shit masquerading as legitimate advice ever.

Restricting caloric intake is far more efficient in terms of weight loss than increasing physical activity.

Yes you need to exercise and eat well but do not misinform people about the need to change eating habits to see real results.
>>
>>36270001
This.

People aren't getting fat because they're behaving unnaturally.

They're getting fat because they're behaving perfectly naturally in a totally unnatural environment.

This is why discipline is one of the most important human characteristics in the modern age. You need the wisdom to identify what you SHOULD be acting like in order to be at your best, regardless of your instincts, and then you need the strength to follow through.
>>
>>36270107
If you workout yea, sure. Cause that would make you burn calories, putting you at a deficit.

Of course readjust whenever you want, 10lbs sounds reasonable. But also remember to look at results, and readjust if you don't lose as much as you expected.. etc.
>>
>>36270126
Ok, but the only thing that I'm not understanding is that if you eat below TDEE but above BMR would I not loose weight?
>>
>>36270103
>you just said yourself that exercise = calories out.
jesus. I said
>calories used by your body
not exercising. not BMR. calories used by your body aka calories equal to TDEE
learn to read and use your brain
>>
Deficit is when you are under TDEE? or under BMR?
>>
>>36270160
TDEE is harder to project for dietary purposes than BMR. If you eat aiming under TDEE but you don't work out enough then you end up with a surplus.

If you eat aiming under or at BMR then you will almost never have a surplus, especially if you do exercise. You need to keep your goal at maintaining a caloric deficit over an extended period.
>>
>>36270220
TDEE is BMR with estimated calories added for physical activity. If you can accurately predict your TDEE and eat less than that you are at a deficit.

Deficit is when your calories consumed are less than your calories burned. Period.
>>
>>36270230
I see, that sounds more practical.
Thanks.
>>
>>36270187
A random answer for your idiocy appeared!
>>36270298
>TDEE = BMR (calories used by your body) + activity
>>
>>36267360
If i couldnt afford a gym i would hobestly cancel my internet before just giving up and claiming i'm broke
>>
>>36268586
damn you're retarded.
>>
>>36270122
>They're getting fat because they're behaving perfectly naturally

But they're not. Most humans were meant to move 5-8 miles per day for hunting or gathering.

Humans today still crave fat and sugar (naturally), but fail to move enough to off-set the caloric surplus.
>>
>>36270798
it's an "evolutionary mismatch" m8
they're behaving perfectly naturally. just the environment isn't the same
>>
>>36270798
You're a fucking tard.

It's the environment.

You know why humans aren't running 5-8 miles every day? Because they don't fucking have to! It's that simple.

Running 5-8 miles every day is no longer needed, therefore it's not a natural, instinctive thing that you will HAVE to do.

If you hunt down some random African Tribesman and make him love in our society, I guarantee you that fucker is gonna get fat as fuck to because he'll behave the way he will be naturally inclined to behave in that situation: Conserve energy and laze around.

I will consent that this is mostly just semantics though/
>>
>>36267360
>read the sticky
>doesn't know how to excessive or lose weight
how about you actually read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36267903
I tried this but my dancer hip messes up the whole workout. Is there a way to fix hip snapping syndrome
>>
>>36268672
Can someone translate this into English
>>
>>36267360
Do at least 100 burpees a day, and 30 minutes of jumping jacks

eat less

you don't lack the means, you lack the will.

Whining about money is a red herring
>>
>>36270798
>moving 5-8 miles every day when you don't have to
>natural behavior.
>>
>>36271593
Who do I talk to in order to get will? A trainer costs money right
>>
>>36271604
did I click on /fit/ humor thread by accident?
>>
>>36267360
45 mins walk at a brisk pace every day. Anything below 30 mins you are wasting your time.

Your body will not burn any fat before 30 minutes of cardio.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.