[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, redpill me on this shit. I know that it has a fuck tonne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: monster.jpg (109 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
109 KB, 283x424
/fit/, redpill me on this shit.

I know that it has a fuck tonne of sugar but is there anything else in it to be worried about? Is it alright to drink it if you're not really eating much and are exercising regularly?
>>
u monster
>>
>>36267429
Alright m8
>>
>>36267346
Just get zero cal energy drinks. Also, monster is shit. Get rockstar punched. If you're gonna pay for an energy drink, get one with a decent amount of caffeine. Monster is a neutered pussy drink.
>>
It's soda. It's a sugary drink. Use in limited quantities and don't guzzle.

Personally, I've tried limiting to no more than 2 a week recently due to not wanting a caffeine dependency and also my teeth are getting cavities.

I should probably learn to appreciate their zero sugar flavors seeing as how they have about 15 flavors of it these days
>>
>>36267587
Alright, sounds good. I've noticed recently that I've been drinking way too much of this shit.

>>36267604
I'll probably end up trying that. The caffine dependency might make it a bit of a challenge though lol
>>
>>36267649

I can usually cut it off after a day or two of non-use, it's just laggy and an annoyance

I'm in school so it isn't really necessary but when I'm working at my internship over the summer I usually have a coffee in the morning and an energy drink to get through the 2 PM slump
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_WmHUFyzQU

my opinion exactly
>>
Can calories from liquids be used for bulking? I drink a can of Burn a day and it has about 200 calories but I don't count them towards that days macros.
>>
>>36267346
just drink water, or black coffee if you want caffeine.
>>
>>36267692
Liquid calories get processed by your androgen system rapidly so they kind of flush through you. That's why you never count liquids for your macros.
>>
>>36267713

Even milk?
>>
>>36267346
I'd recommend Monster rehab. Bunch of flavors, 10 calories, less sugar, barely any carbonation so you don't feel bloated.
>>
>>36267719
Especially milk, it's why you have never seen anyone with success running GOMAD.
>>
File: optimum-nutrition-amino-energy.jpg (111 KB, 870x408) Image search: [Google]
optimum-nutrition-amino-energy.jpg
111 KB, 870x408
Get something like pic related.

It's essentially an energy drink with almost no sugar, and it has BCAAs. It can also be used as a light preworkout, but I prefer to just use a full strength preworkout.

100mg of caffeine per serving, so about 20mg more than your standard energy drink.
>>
>>36267772
I also only paid $30/tub, so that works out to $1/serving.
>>
>>36267785
That sounds pretty good actually, I'd probably have to import it though...assuming they don't sell it in the uk
>>
>>36267743
Ur retarded m8.
>>
>>36267793
GNC carries it for only £20. I'm fairly sure.
>>
>>36267713
This is So much wrong that it hurts
>>
>>36267840
>>36267808
They're clearly fucking with you. Nobody can be that retarded.
>>
>>36267808
Not retarded just stating facts.

>>36267840
Do you even juice cleanse bro?
>>
>>36267743

So how does protein shakes work?
>>
>>36267909
Only protein shakes that you mix work, because you are taking the solid protein and just using the water or milk as a delivery system. Store bought liquid "protein" will just go right through you because the water breaks down the protein molecules in about 10 minutes. This is why it's recommended to chug your shake as fast as possible, so you can absorb the protein before it has a chance to break down.
>>
It tastes like Osama bin Laden's asshole. People only drink it because it looks cool.
>>
>>36267966
Retards like this one give advice on /fit/...
>>
>>36267346
It's bad for your heart but whatever. Caffeine pills are better as a pre-workout, or actual pre-workout.
>>
>>36267346

enjoy fucking your body up via insulin spikes

drink coffee
>>
>>36267346
The media recently has been playing up how 'terrible' these are for you and how they'll 'kill you' if you drink them, but at the same time they don't say a word about people who are drinking quarts of coffee every day, so I call bullshit. That being said don't drink these every day. Not only will you get caffeine addicted and they'll stop working, drinking them every day is really dumb and you will develop problems over time if you do. Treat caffeine like a medication and respect it as such.
>>
>>36267713
>androgen system

Even a 1rst year medicine student would piss his pants with your "science" terms, fuckin retard
>>
>>36267995
wat

If anything, peopel above 14 should keep the fuck away from it for the sole reason it makes you look like a tard. Personally I'm weak, so I have 1-3 a week
>>
>>36267346
You will never drink soda again after watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
>>
>>36271286
the guy looks like bush I don't trust him
>>
>>36267346
The gains are placebo effect, most notable in stoners and other dickheads.

Pretty much just a caffeine shot with a fair amount of sugar.

Most of us have consumed so much caffeine during our lives that it no longer has a notable affect on us.

But you youngins might , so go for it OP
>>
File: 8.jpg (28 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
28 KB, 324x291
>>36267429
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.