[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. I'm a vegan and I've been trying get fit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 20151209_112617-1-1.png (4 MB, 1898x2150) Image search: [Google]
20151209_112617-1-1.png
4 MB, 1898x2150
Hey guys. I'm a vegan and I've been trying get fit. I've been having a lot of trouble getting enough protein and calories in. What can I eat that has a lot of calories and protein?
>>
Meat
>>
semen
>>
>>36266811
this
>>
>>36266804
Quinoa, beans (+sauce) and rice, several types of fake meats, get crazy with the sauces for calories while soy/tempeh/seitan can give you plenty of protein.

I'm not a vegan though, so take this with a grain of salt.
>>
>>36266850
Pretty much this. Nuts are good to get your calories, careful not to go overboard, those fucker pack 500-600 kcals for 100g and it's all fat.
If you're aiming for 1g/lb lean bodyweight, you're in for a ride, unless you're ok with your primary source of protons being shakes (there are vegan ones)
I tried it, and it's doable, but it's way more hassle than I want to have around eating, and I switched back to meat. You have to look into everything to make sure you have no deficiency (calcium, iron, zinc...). If you're big or bulking, the sheer amount of food you need to munch will have you farting like a madman.
>>
>>36266819
No animal products though, not sure is a load counts or not. Actually that's a good question for you vegan fags. Cana vegan chick swallow?
>>
>>36266804
Pasta
Bread
Peanut butter
Beans
Walnuts
Bean burritos
Curry/Dahl
Vegan Mac and cheese
A weight gainer shake http://www.veganmuscleandfitness.com/vegan-weight-gainer-revision-and-more/
Brown rice
Pb sandwich
Falafel
Veggie burgers
Tempeh
>>
Rice, beans, and corn tortilla is supposedly a well balanced source of protein, along with a good deal of carbs and fibre.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I tend to bulk primarily on that.
>>
File: 4 months progress.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
4 months progress.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>36266804

Pic related is 4 months into lifting, i was vegan at that time.

I was getting all the nutrients i needed, and also the protein.

The problem is, that the volume of food was getting insane. It was getting annoying.

So i became vegetarian and my plan is to go vegan again, when im buff and swole as fuck.
Yeah i didnt answer your question, i just wanted to roast meatheads, showing how a vegan made more progress in 4 months than they did in 2 years with meat.

My meathead friends are still annoyed by this fact.

I love it
>>
>>36267448
Before pic?
>>
>>36267448

wtf how r u doin this

height/weight/calories and gimme your routine and what your lifts look like right now.
>>
>>36267496

Im not a man of taking pictures of myself, which is why i dont have any before pictures.

I can tell you i was a mixture of ottermode and skelly mode.

>>36267512

5'11" / 77 kg, 177 lbs at that time.

I am now 1 year into lifting, 80 kg / so 177 lbs.

Making slow but good progress, i keep my bodyfat, i dont really bulk or cut that much.
But if at all, i rather bulk than cut. I dont care about havings abs in summer, i want to reach my final form before i cut down on the fat. I'll probably go atleast 1 or even 2 more years before focusing on bodyfat and abs.

Calories were completely random. Tbh my diet in general is really random. I just make sure to have a caloric surplus, by tracking my bellyfat.

150 g protein, i dont need more, because desu im not the biggest guy.

>bench is 180
> flat bench db press is 70 lbs

I dont do the other stuff. Yeah would probably get roasted for that here on /fit/, but i really believe in isolation movements.
I might add them later on in my workout, but i make decent fucking back gains without deadlifts. And my shoulders started popping too, doing incline DB press.

I do basic push/pull/ left+abs. Legs and abs only once a week though, because there are already big enough.

My 3 top secrets for ultimate gains:

> full range of motion
> Doing sets to complete OR near muscle failure, ALWAYS
> max, 2 min rests between sets, 1 min if you think you can handle it

Choose weight that is uncomfortable for your body. No point in choosing weight that your body can lift easily. You want to force your body to grow muscles, do that by using weight that is just a tad bit too heavy for you.

Also free weights > maschines any time

What else is there to say?

Sleep and water are probably just as important as nutrition itself. Sleep being actually the most important for me.

I work 10 hours a day and lift 5 times a week and i sleep atleast 8 hours a day, so i dont have much time for gaming or other stuff left.
>>
>>36267892
How long have you been a vegan? What sorts of things do you eat a lot of?
>>
>>36268329

I was vegan for 2 years at the time that picture was shot.

2 months later after that, i went vegetarian (so 6 months into lifting).

Im 1 year into lifting now, so 6 months vegetarian.

Again, i've made decent gains as a vegan as you can tell by the picture, but the diet was just too time consuming/annoying.

I ate and still eat like 300 grams of oatmeal everyday, i love that shit.

I eat baked potatoes and spaghetti (or whatever muricans call it) everyday.
I drink 1 shake per day.
I use soy milk for the oat.

And to be honest, i also eat pizza everday.

Imagine having a physical challenging job 10 hours a day PLUS working out 5 times a week.

I need TONS of fucking calories, else i lose weight too fast.

But in the end its all about working out. No matter how good your nutrition is or how healthy your lifestyle is. If you dont work out hard you will NEVER, ( yes NEVER! ) make gains.
>>
>>36266804
You're not 'vegan', you're a shitty troll, stop posting these retarded fucking troll threads.
>>
>>36267448
>no before pic
>no time stamp

Wow, another lying vegan, who would have guessed it?
>>
>>36271174

why would he be lying? he is 5'11 170lbs...
>>
> vegan
> making it
Pick one
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.