[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start lifting weights and running to lose a little weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
>start lifting weights and running to lose a little weight
>go religiously for two months, 3 times a week
>finally get a scale to see how i'm doing
>mfw ive gained 20 pounds
how the fuck is that even possible i was stagnant at my previous weight and all i did was start lifting and how im getting fatter
>>
You either gained muscle or you're still not eating less
>>
>>36263201
eat less you fat piece of shit.You can't actually gain mass from nothing,You need to consume more calories than you burn to gain weight.
>>
>>36263201
Did you fall for the lift heavy eat big meme?
>>
>>36263283
This.

Count your calories fatass.
>>
>>36263324
well this is what you're actually supposed to do.

unless you mean that 5000 kcal/day meme. that's just stupid
>>
>>36263345
it's not what you're supposed to do when you're already fat.
honestly cutting when starting out (for anyone not already low in bodyfat) is a much better solution
>>
>>36263201 You probably caught fat particles while running, It's actually a common environmental problem in the US
>>
>>36263201
lmao my as off at people like you. The best part is watching pull at you love handles in utter disgust.

But foreal though, you haven't read the sticky. Also why would you check after a month. And wouldn't you notice yourself getting fatter in the mirror and eat less???
>>
>>36263345
your meant to create a calorie deficit if you want to lose fat. You can do this with cardio and careful dieting. There is no other way to do it. I agree the 5000 kcal thing is ridiculous.
>>
I'm eating the exact same amount I was when I started. I'm 180, 6'2 and have a sedentary lifestyle before starting to go. If I was 180 for 3 years eating home cooked food how do I gain 20 pounds eating the same amount of food but also burning calories at the gym?
>>
>>36263455
I don't see any difference in the way I look.
>>
>>36263201
What was your starting weight? What is your weight now?

For you to manage to put on 20lbs over 2 months without seeing a change in how you look you are either really fucking obese or you didn't weigh yourself properly to begin with.
>>
>>36263709
i dunno what to tell you that you're going to understand. you're making home cooked food- check how much of it is going into your mouth. if it TRULY is the same amount as before, reduce the amount you eat by 1/3rd and see if you still keep the weight on. Then reduce it by 1/5.
otherwise goto a doctor coz you're retaining weight like crazy and are literally a water balloon waiting to pop
>>
>>36263201
You're a stupid dummy.
>>
>>36263201
>not weighing your self at least once a day
>not counting calories
>not reading the sticky
>being a faggot
Just kys OP
>>
>>36263201
>I didn't approach any aspect of this in the appropriate manner. It doesn't make sense why it's not working!
>>
Exercise increases appetite, which leads to consuming more calories.
>>
>>36263836
I AM EATING THE SAME AMMOUNT.
>>
>>36263709
You're 6'2 you cocksucker you're acting as if you're obese at 200, anyway start counting your calories, calculate your BMR and TDEE now continue lifting and eat at 300-500 calorific deficit. Stop wasting precious megabytes on this already shit website.
Cardio for weight loss is a meme.
>>
>>36263848
Exactly how many calories?
>>
>>36263201
It amazes me how people want to make this grand change in their lives to improve their health and lose weight, and zero planning takes place.
>>
>>36263848
Bet ya 20200¥ you don't
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.