[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for you bros. Curious how many of you count calories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: i-know-that-feel.jpg (16 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
i-know-that-feel.jpg
16 KB, 500x461
Question for you bros. Curious how many of you count calories and how many of you don't. Is it possible to make it without cou ting macros?
>>
6'3, 212, ~14% bf, muscular, I don't

I have a decent metabolism though, am 21, and don't eat a lot of sweets or dessert

I also try to gravitate towards high protein foods and a generally good amount of protein daily
>>
Just eat as usual. When you are stalling at the gym just add something to your diet.

Then eat sleep gym repeat untill you stall again.
>>
I just count total grams of protein and total calories + take a fiber supplement.

Easiest way to do it.
>>
I don't count calories, but I do know the macros of almost everything I eat. On a cut right now, so anything with more than 10 calories for each gram of protein is out, unless it's fruits and veggies or extremely small quantities.
>>
>>36262675
Knowing the macros means you know the calories.

Macros add up to a total calorie amount...so what you say doesn't really make sense
>>
I can easily get away with no counting now, going just be scale measurements every week, but that's because I counted calories for quite a while and I have a pretty good feeling of food. But I still count cause I am an autist and I need to know precisely.
>>
counting calories barely takes any effort, and has the benefits
you don't need to count it to perfectly either,
if something has 243kcal just count it as 250kcal for example.
When I cut I estimate higher, when bulking I estimate lower
Have a minimum Protein amount and fuck the rest
>>
>>36262540
I do count calories but can't afford my fitness pal premium for macro and all that.

But let's be honest, you're not an idiot OP, you know what things have good nutrients and what doesn't.

So just eat smarter, depending on your goals.
>>
I count calories and protein. Don't care about relative amounts of carbs or fats.
>>
I've never counted anything but calories.
Currently I'm consuming 600-700 calories a day seems to be working I'm now weighting 125 but hoping to make it to 115 or 110 by the end of March.
>>
>>36262540
5'9" 160lbs, ~15% bf, ottermode, I don't.

I can't get fat easily. I lived with my sister my whole life, we ate the same stuff, walked the same path to school and back - she became a fat fuck, I stayed skinny. When I don't workout, I'm not even hungry.

Now I'm back to gym so I'm stuffing myself with food to get a lil bit bigger. It's hard though, it's like my body wasn't made for eating that much.
>>
I just make sure I get enough protein and calories. I can generally estimate it. I monitor the scales weekly and adjust diet according depending on scales. Life's too short to stress about counting macros to the last decimal
>>
>>36262751
Macros is each macronutrient,, you could know the total amount of energy consumed without knowing the amount of each specific macronutrient
>>
>>36262540
Yes I count.

I know a guy who's 100kg+, single digits year round, and also roids. No crazy cycles. He doesn't have to count because he stays lean no matter what the fuck he does.

He does eat smarter than probably anyone on this board though
>>
dont be a fucking betafag, and start reading about what you can eat and what not. then eat as much as you like of the healthy shit.
>>
i count

but i don't look anything like >>36263424 either...
>>
File: 1.jpg (34 KB, 800x472) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34 KB, 800x472
>>36263278
Nice try anon, but check these dank dubs
>>
I dont count them because i eat the same thing every day
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 298x169
>>36263607
Re-rollin
>>
File: asianweirddoublesguy.jpg (36 KB, 419x467) Image search: [Google]
asianweirddoublesguy.jpg
36 KB, 419x467
>>36263619
Re-rollin
>>
File: I know that dubs.jpg (8 KB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
I know that dubs.jpg
8 KB, 234x216
>>36263624
Re-rollin
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 307x164) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 307x164
>>36263634
re-rollin
>>
>>36263391
go away skelly
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.