[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protein Shakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
My sister's trying to get me to do protein shakes, but I generally don't believe in using supplements.

Do you drink protein shakes, /fit/? Is there any real benefit to them?
>>
i use creatine so i'm only really half natty now, it's a slippery slope
>>
Give her the protein shake if you catch my drift
>>
>>36260410
all of my brothers and a few of my friends drink shakes. personally i don't see the point if you get enough protein in your diet
>>
>>36260410
how can you not know about protein shakes, it literally gives 10% gains per day per shake, which is why we drink at least 3 shakes a day, trying to go for 5, what you shouldnt do though is mix carbs with protein cause that can spike the protein into the blood, which is like injecting oil into your veins which can cause cancer
>>
>convenience
>price
>low cal
If you struggle with any of these points, get whey, otherwise there's no real benefit over food
>>
>>36260410
It can help you get enough protein into your diet if you are lackng
>>
File: 1455769877525.png (264 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1455769877525.png
264 KB, 500x531
They make decent meal replacements if you're trying to cut
>>
>>36260410
I drink them simply because I'm busy and sometimes it's easier than making a meal. I meal prep as well but I like to get my prepped meals to last as long as I can before making another batch.
>>
>>36260479
Umm source?
Every protein has carbs unless its an isolate
>>
>>36260479
Holy shit that broscience
>>
>>36260410
It's food. It's literally just fucking food. Why do you not understand?

>>36260479
You're fucking retarded please be troll because if not I don't know how you don't get laughed at for being stupid every day of your life. (You probably do)
>>
> I generally don't believe in using supplements.

Protein shakes aren't really supplements anyways. They are just food and that's how you should treat them.
>>
>>36260660
like every study ever done?
>>36260801
yet it has been scienceded
>>36260825
go back to /pol/
>>
It's just protein. Whether you get it from chicken, fish, lentils or whey powder doesn't matter a lot.
>>
It's just "food", as far as your body is concerned. They aren't magical. They won't do anything for you that normal food won't. They are just an easy/cheap way to hit your protein macros, nothing more.
>>
>doesn't believe in using supplements
>like food

I wish I could photosynthesize.
>>
>>36260801
>>36260825

"I'm new, please make fun of me." : The Post
>>
I don't even really drink it because of the protein, but for the extra cals on my shake to gain weight
>>
I drink protein shakes. As a hungry skellington even when I stuff myself with normal food until I am sick I end up around 1700kcals. Gotta eat big to get big CMON.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>36261270
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.