[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Plateau General/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 3082320932.jpg (655 KB, 1470x1116) Image search: [Google]
3082320932.jpg
655 KB, 1470x1116
Been stuck on bench press for the past two months My other lifts have began to stagnate as well. Should i switch to a new routine? Started with SL for about 2 months and then i switch to Candito's Linear str/hyp program which im still doing now. Been lifiting on/off for about 9 months. Although since the new year began I have not skipped a day.
I'm 5"6 @143 pounds(inb4 manlet)
My current stats are( in pounds)
BP:3x5 @135
The Press: 1x6 @ 95
Squat: 3x5 @160
DL: 1x5 @235
Dips,chin ups, pull ups:3x8(each)
Any advice/tips?
>>
shock the musckles, you bdy is ueed to your routine and has adapted ti it. Switch things uo then come back to it. But avoid wired machines shit eill actually make u weaker eben if u thing ur making prugrdd
>>
Sleep more, eat more, take a week off.
>>
>>36258567
Drop the weight and do high reps adding 5 ~ 10 lbs a workout.
>>
File: absolutely not normal.jpg (203 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
absolutely not normal.jpg
203 KB, 1280x720
>>36258781
this is fucking terrible advice holy shit

>>36259362
decent advice, basic periodization helps

just do more volume OP, SS is trash for bench and OHP
>>
good way to boost bench if you're intermediate is just drop the weight and add volume. Switch to 5x10 twice a week for a few weeks. If you have long arms, do cgbp instead for one of those.

That's what worked for me anyway, put 10kg on bench in a month and a half
>>
>>36258714
Anon are you ok??
>>
>>36258567
These are really close to my numbers, but my DL is lower and squat higher. Stalled no matter what I do.
>>
>>36258567
Eat, sleep, push through it. Make sure your form is right.

If that doesn't work. Cut out all of the accessories.

If that doesn't work, deload.

If that doesn't work and you've deloaded 3 times, you're intermediate.

My bet is that you aren't eating.
>>
File: 1422583100875.jpg (94 KB, 1000x991) Image search: [Google]
1422583100875.jpg
94 KB, 1000x991
>>36258567
>>
Does eating more actually matter? If you're not super skinny, can't you just eat at maintenance?
>>
>>36260559

kinda does matter. Considering the best advice you can give anyone but an advanced lifter (and even then) is 'eat more'
>>
Your programming and diet must be really awful if you got stuck at those numbers. Do more research.
>>
>>36258714
Other than his advice about machines, ignore this dumbass.

>>36260336
He is obviously not.
>>
>>36260559
it does , and its effect shows surprisingly fast
>>
>>36260482
This is solid advice, but from his height/weight to strength ratio, it looks like he's eating enough to sustain some fat.
>>
I just failed my first time on bench on last rep of last set of bench at 135.
I know I will probably do it fine on monday but what accessories should I throw in to help with chest strength?
So far I just do dips and I usually get 3 sets of less than 5 after my 3 SL lifts
>>
>>36263701
honestly my bench is exploding right now and I'm only doing flat barbell bench and incline dumbell bench. I can not recommend incline dumbell enough. I recently stopped doing additional volume cable flys when I got extreme soreness.
>>
I finally broke my bench plateau today. Hit 155x5 after stalling for about 3 weeks. I finally found the problem, which was that I was overtraining. Took about 4 days off from the gym in a row and I was able to hit it with relative ease today
>>
>>36263741
What is your bench press at?
And you do no accessories except incline dumbell bench?

Might try that
>>
>>36258567
>143 lbs
>surprised at stalling
Jesus christ did you fall for the abs meme lad?

>>36263701
Weight/height have a big feeling you are also a little twink like OP.
>>
>>36263755
Yes, incline dumbell is currently my only accessory. I hit chest twice a week.
235 for 3x5 and 195 for 3x10
>>
>>36263779
235 for 5x3 I mean
>>
>>36263770
I'm 5'8 180 lbs
Not a twink
I'm not stalling on anything but bench and again it was last rep of last set
I just don't want to fail anymore and was asking about accessories

>>36263779
I'll start doing incline dumbell press instead of dips and see how it goes
>>
>>36258567
>Eat enough
>Sleep enough
>Give yourself enough time to recover
I suffered from a bad case of fuckarounditis last year and thought cutting while skinnyfat was a good idea.
Now I'm on a bulk and yesterday I broke my plateau of 135lbs 5x5.
>>
>>36263790
>>36263790
At 180 you really shouldn't be stalling, are you taking enough time resting? Are you using your legs during the exploding section of the lift I would honestly check form first before messing around with whatever program you're doing? Also I hope you're not progressing with 2.5 kgs for bench rather than microloading.

Because I weigh same as you and currently at 113 kg x 5 bench mind you I am doing texas method but SS took me up to 3x5 90 kgs.
>>
>>36263829
I progress 5 lbs doing 5x5
just normal SL shit

honestly it might just be a case of needing to deload and work back up or just an off day
not sure yet

Also how do legs help with bench?
Do I just push down with heels why pushing the bar up?
>>
>>36258714
Thanks Mr Schwarzenegger
>>
>>36263844
>I progress 5 lbs doing 5x5
Too big of a jump for bench or olympic lifts (if you are doing any) doable if you eat like a beast or very very beginner stage but honestly most people would do better with microloading (going up by as little as 1kg a session if can't find plates you can buy them cheap online and bring to gym)
>5x5
Change to 3x5 lad, 5x5 is already a killer and will start to destroy you on squats especially if you start hitting 100 kgs and more I currently do 5x5 105kg squat meanwhile my 1x5 is 145 kg just yesterday.

>honestly it might just be a case of needing to deload and work back up or just an off day
not sure yet

That's a possibility as well, you can try to take a week off (still go but do 50% of all your lifts so that you wouldn't get as bad DOMS when you do return)

>Also how do legs help with bench?
Do I just push down with heels why pushing the bar up?

When I was stuck at 95 kgs for a month even with becoming a fatty (bulked at time really badly) I took step back and found this book http://fa68f6a5f58061b9090e-969cb379cc67059b5d8c03d344b65325.r5.cf1.rackcdn.com/JUGGERNAUT_BENCH_MANUAL.pdf

helped me so much with bench and I haven't had a plateu since even though i've cut down to same weight as you. The whole book is useful but the first 5-7 pages that talk about technique are what helped me the most so it's literally same as reading a few leaflets nothing big.

Good luck man stalling is so annoying especially when everything else moves up nicely.
>>
>>36263921
I'm only at 170lb (77kg) squat and it isn't too bad at 5x5 since I have fairly large legs due to hiking a lot

If I keep failing at 5x5 I think I will go to 3x5. I just don't want to switch too early since I'm only hitting 135

I'll keep what you said in mind and read that book
thanks for the help dude. I wouldn't call it stalling but failing reps this early is fucking annoying but obviously part of the process
>>
I can't say I'm stuck, but my BP is also slowly plateuting after initial SS gains. 2 weeks ago I've been at 70 kg on BP, DL and squats. Now I'm 100kg DL, 90 kg squats and still 70 kg BP.

I tried 75kg last night and barely managed to do 4 reps on first set so I switched back to 70 kg.

My DL and squats are exploding tho, I'm adding 10 kg every week and will try to do so for as long as possible. I'm 6'1 and 85 kg so feels bad to only bench 70 kg but ah well, it's only been a couple of weeks.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.