[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm falling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1492x1120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1492x1120
I'm so fucking depressed guys
Have barely left my apartment, didn't go to the gym all week
Now I'm almost not eating at all

Anyone else been feeling this down before?
It's like everything is pointless, how did you break out?
>>
We're all going to make it brah.
>>
>>36253360
why are you depressed
maybe I can help
>>
>>36253414
This
>>
>>36253360
Have any friends you can talk to?
>>
>>36253360

Atleast you're not a manlet
>>
>>36253360
Ive been there

get therapy. anti depressants make a difference

the first step is always the most difficult. the only way to break out is to do it. get off your ass right now and go to the gym and you will be happy you did so

working helps too. keeps you busy and if you enjoy what you do, it will keep you very satisfied

don't give up. don't just let the time pass by without doing anything productive or you will still be in the same situation next year. do something right away. it will be difficult and take long to break out but once you have done it you will have grown tremendously as a person
>>
Get off /fit/, go to a doctor and sort your life out
>>
>>36253623
/thread
>>
>>36253360
>Now I'm almost not eating at all

Time for a cut maybe? Just keep lifting so you don't lose your strength.
>>
File: 1418297384545.jpg (82 KB, 423x750) Image search: [Google]
1418297384545.jpg
82 KB, 423x750
>>36253360
I was in your place a few months ago.
Had 50+% absence from my school, hadn't been there for 2 weeks due to depression, and I got a letter saying I was removed from the course.
That woke me up. If I didn't have the school, I wouldn't be able to live in my apartment because it's a student-apartment, I'd literally be on the streets, so I went to the school and begged them for a last chance.
It took a lot, but the person in charge agreed, one last chance, an ultimatum; Miss one more class, and you're out.

Haven't missed any lectures since.

If you don't have anyone to make rules for you, do it for yourself, create a schedule and follow it, punish yourself somehow if you neglect anything.
>>
I've been great for a few months, have also been falling for about 4 weeks now. Haven't gone to the gym, eaten, haven't gone out anywhere. I usually clean for hours a day to keep busy but have been slacking on that. List about 5 pounds which i am skeleton so this makes a large difference, also why I haven't gone to gym. Just my eating enough, I would waste away. I live alone with 2 dogs and sometimes I just lay on the couch in complete silence and stare at nothing, while dogs sleep and look at me sadly because my inactivity also depresses them.
I've been escaping into books. In already on a mood stabilizer. I don't show this around coworkers so i doubt they have any idea. No other friends.
>>
>>36253360
You go to a doctor or wait it out.
As someone who's been in and out, it just feels like you're a complete slave to how your brain makes you feel.

Work lately has been SO BAD despite only working twice a week, yet yesterdays work was pretty decent.

It makes no sense, free will is an illusion, keep going as long as you can.
>>
>>36253360
As gay as it sounds, going out for a walk is some of the most relaxing shit you can do. When I was getting off meds my doctor told me to just go for a walk for half an hour everyday. Doesn't matter what time of day or if you go with someone, just get outside and walk it off. When you're inside all day you only make things worse and it gets harder and harder to break out. If you can get out now do it, don't get to a point where you need the drugs to feel happy again because you never really do. Walking won't make you happy again but it does a fuck ton to stop the depression from getting worse.

You can make it bruh
>>
File: lostcontrol.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
lostcontrol.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>36253360
Believe it or not, I once fixed my suicidal depression with talking cartoon horses
>>/mlp/

I'm not saying it'll work for you, but if you're that desperate there's always solace with incurable autism
>>
>>36254008
get out
>>
>>36253360
Pick it up, pull yourself together, suck it up etc.

Take some vitamin D and just do it
>>
File: 1395605335192.jpg (122 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1395605335192.jpg
122 KB, 500x500
I've been feeling down too, OP. But I think it's mostly because of my diet. Have you been cutting? You said you're barely eating, that could be a HUGE part of it. I know I get really depressed when I cut hard.

>last couple weeks
>been on a hard cut, want to look nice and slim for MEPS on this monday
>220lbs, eating 2k calories a day in addition to lifting, running on off days, and rugby on Saturday
>go from 220s to 208 as of weighing myself just now, in like two or three weeks
>lifts fucking suffering
>schoolwork suffering
>have been really bitchy in my classes the last week, social gainz suffering
>didn't talk to a girl who's tiddies I want to touch when I had the chance to, the last time I would see her before spring break, because of said bitchiness
>social gainz REALLY suffering

Starving myself is worth it though, surely.

Soon I'll be under 200 lbs for the first time since elementary school, and I'll be at -150 from my highest weight.

Then I'll be happy with my body and have the confidence to pull sloots.

Surely.
>>
File: 1426429930917.jpg (7 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1426429930917.jpg
7 KB, 250x247
>>36253360
No idea, man. I've been dealing with the same thing for a while now.

Started to feel better again and applied for a job that pays enough for me to move out. Got cut though because the other applicants had 5+ years of experience. For a fucking entry level IT job. I don't even know why I try. I'm gonna be stuck here for the rest of my life even with a degree. It's literally impossible to support yourself on minimum wage and there's always someone older than you with 10x your experience in front of you for any halfway decent paying job.
>>
>>36254008
You're worse than people who encourage suicide.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 500x253
>>36253360
Have self realization that somewhere somone is going through something 10x worse in there life and they're not using depression to be self loathing lazy piece of shit. I can't help you through anything op. You have to help yourself out of the stupid mindset you've put yourself in.
>>
>>36254268
Also, make yourself happy
>b-but I can't just do that
You can make yourself afraid simply by seeing a scary movie. Much like happiness, you can make yourself happy by doing things that make you happy. Like lifting weights.
>>
>>36253360
It seems to me that quite literally everyone feels that way. Some just learn to ignore these thoughts by drowning themselves in some activities. I wonder if that's how civilisations fall.

I'm afraid there isn't any solution to that, m8, and you can't get any meaningful answers from others, you have to figure it out by yourself.
>>
File: Babby.jpg (53 KB, 521x521) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
53 KB, 521x521
>>36254094
>>36254237
>2016
>Still getting buttblasted by candy colored horses

How's middle school?
>>
I find that making habits help
It can be something as simple as drinking a glass of water every day at 10 AM
Structuring your life helps you keep busy and avoid that emptyness
>>
>>36253360
i'm on the same road anon, i'm about to break up with my gf, i still love her, but we don't have sex anymore, we don't do anything basicaly, she is on the phone all day, she doesn't work anymore so she is basicaly living with me, i go to college to study something i don't like, work after lunch and at night workout, when i arrive home she is waiting for me, i don't have time for myself anymore, i don't have friends anymore, i'm going crazy, my dads business is on the red, my mom is sick, my cat has diabetes, i'm falling apart and i don't know where to begin to fix my life
>>
>girl complemented me while out drinking
>didn't hear what she said
>everyone says she was gagging for the dick
>missed my chance to talk and sperg out
Who /suicide/ here?
>>
>>36253360

Did you try working out?
>>
File: 1454715938471.jpg (141 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1454715938471.jpg
141 KB, 534x820
>>36253360
>>36254268
Terrible advice in general, but there is a little gold nugget of useful advice.

OP, don't let yourself fall into a victim mindset. Do not become lazy and blame it on depression. You have to force yourself to do even the little mundane shit and eventually, even though it doesn't feel like it, you will make it out and see color again.

If you're anything like me, your mind feels it's moving through jelly and you don't want to focus. Your eyes feel slightly watery and you don't want to move.

I recommend taking ~5000iu of vitamin D every day, even if just for the placebo effect. Go to the bathroom, someplace colder than room temperature and fucking yell and punch the air and cuss yourself out and question what the fuck you're doing. Demand you get your old self back and get mad. Don't think, get dressed and go to the gym and lift, just do it. Don't try to pr, just pick up heavy things and put them down. Go home, eat, clean your house, do your school work, whatever. JUST KEEP MOVING AND DON'T THINK.

I can go on all day about how to ham fist your way out of this, but the most important thing is that it comes from you. You have to make the decision, not just read my comment. I got mad and tired of playing the victim in my head. I saw people outside enjoying life and I felt jealous. You have to genuinely want out and you have to force your way out. It doesn't happen over night, but you just have to keep doing shit even though you don't want to. I have a theory that we all have to serve our time in this depression limbo state, some longer than others. But the most important thing is you have to never stop trying to pull yourself out. That's when you turn into tumblr and blame everything on everyone else.

Good luck, brother. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>36254321
I keep myself busy to distract myself, otherwise I go into full suicidal mode
>>
>>36253360
What I sometimes do is focus on my future self - tomorrow, next week, next year, in five years, what does today look like from that perspective? Learn to look forward, because that's what you are working for, success in the future. Success comes after grinding everyday for a long time, don't focus on others but on yourself. I would recommend by starting out by doing one productive thing a day, and then working on that. Also, like you said yourself, worst thing you can do is isolate yourself, make sure to get social contact everyday.

In the end you have to find out what works for you, no advice is really going to fix your problems, you have to fix them yourself. Good luck.
>>
>>36253360
I started trying to lift away the feels.
>>
Its gonna be okay, bro.
>>
>>36253360
Hey OP

From my last year in high school through my first year in university I was incredibly depressed. I stopped cutting my hair and shaving, cut myself off from a lot of friends, and started using alcohol to solve all my problems. For about six months I had no libido, no desire to accomplish anything, and no real belief in myself.

I would try to force yourself into talking to someone that you're comfortable with about your problems - it'll be tough at first but worth it in the long run. If there's no-one you can talk to, you can try writing, even if it makes you feel bad it (for me, at least) usually makes you want to do something to change your circumstances rather than accept them. If you're a creative person I would try to focus on making art and music as a stress relief, too. Find something you are (or were) good at and start to hone that skill and build yourself back up from then.

If none of this works or your feelings persist for more than a month or two, I would try to see a therapist and get in a treatment programme. It seems impossible to take the first step but it's all that will really help if you've been depressed for a long time. If you're concerned about money, try asking family members for help with treatment; unless they're real assholes they'll jump at the opportunity to help.

Hope this makes a difference, man. We're all gonna make it
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.