[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I see brosplits and brosplitters demolished all the time on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: rsz_31index.jpg (4 KB, 117x140) Image search: [Google]
rsz_31index.jpg
4 KB, 117x140
So I see brosplits and brosplitters demolished all the time on this board. Genuine question: why are they so bad. If I were to do a routine that looked like this (see below), I'd be doing all the essential compounds heavily and hitting every big muscle group twice a week, so what would be wrong with that?

I just love going to the gym so I wanna go hit the weights 5 days a week.

Mon - Legs
Squats 3x5
Leg Press 3x5
Leg curls 4x10
Leg extensions 4x10
Calf work

Tue - Chest/tri

Bench press 3x5
Incline DB press 3x5
Dips 3xF
Tricep pushdown 4x10

Wed - Back/bi

Deadlifts 3x5
Pullups 3xF
Bent over row 3x5
21's

Thur - Shoulders

OHP 3x5
Side lateral raises 4x10
Front raises 4x10
Shrugs 4x10

Fri - Full body

Squats 3x5
Deadlifts (light) 4x10
Pullups 3xF
Dips 3xF

tl;dr what would be wrong with that routine
>>
adding in a single exercise extra once a week doesn't do a great job of actually training muscle groups twice a week

if you really enjoy lifting, why don't you just do a standard chest/tri, back/bi, and legs/shoulders 2x/each a week for 6 days total? You can get in more total volume that way
>>
>wasting a whole day on shoulders
Why.
>>
>>36249739

Cause I can't lift on the weekends. I start work before gym opens and finish after it closes. Tbqhwy I've been doing the standart chest/tri, back/bi, legs shoulder but like this:

abcabxx cabcaxx bcabcxx

The problem I have with that is that shoulders and chest are back to back days and it really affects the day that comes second. I bench 230 on a rested day and 200 if I did shoulders the day before.
>>
>>36249809
And why are you doing 10 shrugs? Do them till failure with a weight that challenges your grip but you can control
>>
>>36249820

you might actually enjoy PHAT, in a nutshell it's
>upper strength
>lower strength
>upper push hypertrophy
>leg hypertrophy
>upper pull hypertrophy

some of his exercises and set/rep schemes are stupid but it's a solid choice anyway
>>
>>36249809
Not op but shoulders are literally the most important muscle for aesthetics.

Just look at how unaesthetic JM is.

>>36249683
It isn't bad if you are intermediate.

Is shitty for novices, and since /fit/ is mostly DYELs who have lifted for under 6 months
>implying /fit/ mostly lift
So they are obsessed with novice routines like starting shit, gayskull, and ice cream fatness
>>
>>36249809

cause shoulders are aesthetic as fuck and i lift 50% for strenght, 50% for aesthetics.

>>36249827

alright then. traps are lagging so I'll follow you blindly.
>>
>>36249848
PHAT is a meme for roid monkeys, op's routine is better. The volume isn't retardulous.

>>36249827
Please stop posting, DYEL traplet
>>
>>36249848

i'll have a look at this thanks

>>36249851

i'm the definition of intermediate i believe. i've been brosplitting in 2016 and honestly results are pretty good. deadlifts are kind of stalling but i've had good progress on squat, really good progress on bench and really, really good progress on aesthetics.

i can't be fucking up that bad by following the routine i posted in the OP can I? the only day i'm rethinking is friday. pretty sure I could do better. maybe by also hitting lagging muscles with isolation?
>>
>>36249854
Weird. Usually I do back days and chest days that work posterior and anterior deltoids, respectively.
Then on legs day I do OHP for strength and lateral raises.
>>
>>36249873

I alluded to that with the set/rep schemes being dumb, but the general format is decent.

I just don't see much use in having volume as low as the OP's then adding a full body day at the end and calling it working your muscle groups twice a week, but to each his own. Personally I think he needs more volume instead of trying to go via 3xF as a proxy
>>
>>36249854
Don't listen to that faggot, just worry about doing lots of heavy ass shrugs, and adding weight each time (you should shrug more than you squat)

Keep your scapula retracted as you shrug to really isolate the traps
>>
>>36249899

More volume as in more sets of the big compounds or more volume as in some isolation for each muscle group? As I said I'm rethinking my friday, which seems to be the day you have the more issues with. Lets say I add one solid isolation exercise per day and hit what's lagging on fridays, I'd be adding a lot of volume. Would it be for the better or the worse (I was thinking lunges, flies, lat pulldowns or seated rows and upright rows).
>>
>>36249899
Alright fair enough.
>>36249884
>I can't be fucking up that bad
Nah you good fampai
>>36249886
Post your joocy delts, brah
>>
File: WP_20160211_003.jpg (48 KB, 486x648) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160211_003.jpg
48 KB, 486x648
>>36249683

MON
>legs without gluteham excrcs
>dont do leg extensions, do stiff legged dl or hip thrusters or standing leg curls with attached dumbbell

TUE
>diamonds instead of triceps pushdown

THUR
>no back delts work...really?
>>
>>36249873
Shut up, small muscles need high reps fag
>>
>>36249942

>fampai

nice.

also thanks y'all. i'll stick with my routine i fucking love it desu. since this is fun talk maybe someone has better ideas for fridays?
>>
>>36249927

the former. I'll be completely honest and say that discussing routine minutiae is a complete waste of time. Give the routine a shot, if you make sweet gainz then clearly you're doing something right. If not, try something else, and if you try something else, think about something that doesn't just have a cursory full body day to introduce the concept of 2x/week per group

peace out f.a.m
>>
>>36249947

i do the fly machine but reversed. tbqh i don't know how it's called so i didn't bother adding it. but yeah i do hit my rear delts.

i'll probably replace leg extensions with hip thrusters why not. also instead of diamonds i was thinking close grip bench press. easier to add weight over time.
>>
File: IMG_20160304_010038.jpg (47 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160304_010038.jpg
47 KB, 480x720
>>36249942
>>
>>36250018

not bad. planning to cut soon?
>>
>>36249873

>Phat, meme for roid monkeys

Nah its called not being a lazy pleb and doing it.

Can confirmed PHAT gets you fucking strong and shredded if done correctly
>>
>>36250031
Not until maybe April, I'm sure I can gain a little bit more muscle until then.
>>
>>36249739
That split is pretty much what I do except I put shoulders on chest/tri day.

Is that bad somehow?
>>
>>36250107

So you do chest/tri/shoulders, back/bi, legs? I know I need at least a day of rest between chest and shoulders but maybe that's just me.

Also the main question remains: is it working well for you? Or only sort of?
>>
nothing wrong with bro splits as long as they make some sense.

most peopel here are still doing SS and have yet to learn about what it takes to be lifting longer than 18 months.
the ppl who have real descernable strength and success dont scoff at splits cos they know what lifting for years entails.
>>
>>36250130
Yes it seems to be working. My shoulders or chest don't seem to be lagging behind proportionally.

Some chest days I'll start with OHP and the extra strength is noticeable. Am I missing out on shoulder gains?
>>
>>36250187
The thing is there is literally nothing with a split if done correctly but most people do it with little weight and also do too little volume since they only hit 1 muscle group only once per week. However, yeah I agree most people on fit are either SS fatties or 12-13 inch abs only guys that can't even do 1/2/3/4 for reps.
>>
>>36250227

I don't know to be honest. I know I do better with a day off between chest and shoulders. Can't tell if it's specific to me or general.

>inb4 why are you answering then
>>
>>36250250

plus, once the "novice effect" wears off - which will vary between person to person, but usually lasts a year if you're lucky - then switching up your approach to training every 4-10 weeks is a must.

i can't even when i see these newbs critiqing a program when they've not even been lifting for at least 6 months.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.