[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep having a pinching aching pain in this point of my back,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: pinchpain.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pinchpain.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
I keep having a pinching aching pain in this point of my back, did i fuck my shit up or is the muscle just tight? How do i heal this?
>>
also to be clear the pain is in the spot with the X not the red areas on the shoulder. It always hurts when i hold something for a long time like a handrail while im on the train/bus, or when i wear my book bag.
>>
Ohhhh fuck, I have that pain at the same point o the left side of my back. I thought it was because of rows at first.
>>
I've had that for years. Mainly when I sit up in bed for too long.
>>
Do you have a bone snapping in the same area?
>>
>>36247253
nope
>>
>>36247253
yo, i have that shit. feels good actually, the popping. But I do notice some pain, and decreased flexibility.

I think it started when I was still learning how to bench with shitty form.
>>
literally everyone i talk to, including me, that works out has chronic pain at or around that spot.

I've tried massaging, foam rolling, lacrosse ball rolling, stretching, etc.. but the only thing that has ever made me feel somewhat better is yoga. I don't fucking know why, and even though most movements I do during yoga don't even 'hit' this spot, but it's literally the only thing that has relieved some pain in that area.

I noticed a difference after doing it at least every other day for about 3 weeks.
>>
i have that pain too.i think everybody that works out has had that pain at least once.
i got mine after extreme pushup reps,about 300+ a day.
could be rhomboid,trapezoid or sternocleistomastoid problem
>>
>>36247398
sternocleidomastoid*
>>
>>36246640
420 yolo dank lat pull downs
>>
File: 1455682016089.jpg (729 KB, 3546x4104) Image search: [Google]
1455682016089.jpg
729 KB, 3546x4104
>>36246640
DESU SENPAI

>Strech
>implement myofascial release (Google)
>Ice/heat as need
>look into a STIM machine (Google for instructions and proper usage)

Do this shit and with time you'll see diminished pain and restoration of ROM and function.

Plz listen Familia
>>
>>36246640
I get a wonky feeling there. Not really pain, but just like a twinging of some sort
>>
>>36246640
You strained it, chill out and let it heal

When you're trying to hit that last rep and it just isn't happening, that's when I do this. I strain too hard on the lift and tweak that shit and it lingers for a few days
>>
I have some nerve damage in my right trap because of the bar crushing a nerve when I squat. Now I have to use a bar pad to prevent getting fucked up pinging in my back.
>>
>>36248793
>implement myofascial release
that stuff looks like a scam
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>36246640
>when i wear my book bag.
I think it's this, I've been wearing a heavy backpack recently and I have a "twinge" in the same place.

I recommend finding another way to carry your books, maybe a satchel so you can shift the weight around to your side.
>>
>>36248931
>bar crushing a nerve when I squat

You're either doing it wrong or have NO traps...
>>
>>36249134
he's talking about using a foam roller which is good and not a scam.
>>
>>36249134
>>36250871
or a lacrosse ball, which is fucking amazing when you learn how to use it. i use it for pain shown in OPs pic - put it between your back and the wall, and lean into it, moving around in circles. deep tissue massage whenever you want it for a one time investment of $5. i dont know about any of the broscience behind myofascial release, all i know is it feels fantastic.
>>
OP I have had the exact same pain for 3 years now, I remember to first experienced it after I leaned back too much during a heavy OHP

only thing that helps it is massaging it and then it slightly goes away for a while
>>
I got it twice by doing OHP. I think I pressed my my chest too much to the front, not rounding my upper back like you're supposed to do.

I tried to get people to massage the spot, but finally it went away after 2-3 weeks.

If it would be longterm, I'd definitely have it checked..
>>
>>36246640
its because your lowerback is overengaging and developing. do light good mornings and Bulgarian split squats with good form and try cardio.

you'll be fine
>>
I get this it from BB rollouts on occasions.
Foam rolling and sleep it off.
>>
File: IMG_20160227_181020.jpg (396 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160227_181020.jpg
396 KB, 1080x1080
>>36249134
I regret giving you BASED info.

>help me with problem
>I refuse to research info given to me
>""""""scam"""""""

Remain ignorant you ungrateful bitch
>>
>>36246640
OP, it appears to be within the scapular system. This system, such as moving the upper arm forward while internally rotating, comprises of a few muscles in that particular system. Some of the larger movers of these, excluding the scapula itself, is the levator scapulae, serratus anterior, serratus posterior, trapezius muscles, and the lats.

Grab a foam roller and follow this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOYgXEE5IGk

I think it will help relieve some pain. The affected areas in which this causes is what you described and can also be very common for athletes.

It also important you sleep in a very neutral position at night, preferably on your back.
>>
>>36253110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMyVvsiBNx8

Check this video out as well to help with isolating the area to actually test if its the possible source of pain. I invite you to perform this stretch as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN3kH6cUj98

Except perform this a little bit more brutally AFTER foam roll. Test, then retest. God speed OP
>>
File: Wall-Slide.jpg (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Wall-Slide.jpg
3 MB, 2048x1536
>>36253110
>>36253146
Also performing wall slides will help with lower trap and lat activation, further taking the pressure off the inflamed muscles. Lots of help for this problem!
>>
Do more pushups, scapula pushups and favepulls. Your rhomboids are probably overpowering your serratus anterior from doing too much rows/bench/upperback work.
>>
must be the chairs you're sitting on. i had the same problem but now i use a pillow anytime i use a chair. it eases the pain
>>
I've had the same thing for years, never saw a doctor about it
>>
>>36246677
Well you have the wrong picture. That picture is a trigger point map where the x is the trigger point and the red is the area where you experience pain. Long story short find where the trigger point actually is and try to get that shit worked out. Otherwise regular stretching will probably do a lot to help. Is the pain actually on that lower insertion of the trap muscle or is it one of the various rotator cuff muscles attached to the scapula?
>>
>>36248804
Same. Doesn't bother me at all
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 200x220
Had the exact same thing as you

Do foam rolling + try to do pic related until you can do it on both sides
>>
>>36247398
The sternocleidomastoid is on the neck, so I doubt it's that.
>>
>>36253110
>>36252558
whats a good foam roller to buy?
>>
>>36255442
if you don't have bux get a pvc pipe

if you have the money buy a black rumble roller, by far the BEST fucking foam roller i've ever used

it gave me bruises when i first started using it, got used to it now
>>
It could be a rib out - get a lacrosse ball and roll it in there against a wall. raise your arm straight up
>>
File: 1451698734739.jpg (52 KB, 600x731) Image search: [Google]
1451698734739.jpg
52 KB, 600x731
Bump
>>
>>36247372
this, i had the same pain in the same spot and only yoga helped
>>
File: IMG_20160212_165211.jpg (1 MB, 1824x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160212_165211.jpg
1 MB, 1824x3200
>>36247109
Exactly this, fuark. I always thought it was because of my scoliosis.
Pic related is my back. Call me spaghetti man
>>
>>36253347
no man should be able to reach around like that, he probably needs the flexibility to guide jamals 12 inch cock inside
>>
OP, this is caused most likely by a shifted rib.
Go to a Physical Therapist or good Chiropractor.
>>
>>36259718
how do you shift a rib without knowing it?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.