[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much water should I drink a day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2905
How much water should I drink a day?
>>
>>36246274
3lt
>>
GOWAD

But seriously, dont force water down your gullet if youre not thirsty unless youre specifically trying to cleanse your body of something... Normal healthy people should just drink when they are thirsty.
>>
>>36246274
As much as you feel like you need to. If you're thirsty, drink some fucking water. If you're not thirsty, don't give it much thought.

There's no magic number that is empirically correct.
>>
A gallon.
>>
At least a liter, more if it's a workout day
>>
your weight in pounds / 2 is the amount in ounces you should drink (more or less)

(or kg in oz)
>>
File: weeeeeeeee.gif (2 MB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
weeeeeeeee.gif
2 MB, 268x300
>>36246356
tfw started drinking more and more water everyday and started craving it badly
>pee every 15-20 minutes now
I hope this isn't bad for me I can't stop
>>
File: brrrrt.jpg (75 KB, 497x576) Image search: [Google]
brrrrt.jpg
75 KB, 497x576
>>36246903
>yfw you hear kidney is kill
>>
>>36246356

this is bullshit. you should never feel thirsty. if you do feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated.
>>
>>36246903
Anon get blood tests done. I have kidney disease and it's no joke. The damage can be permanent so go to a fucking doctor you faggot. Especially if you're having light fevers which is when shit got heavy for me at least.
>>
At least 6 liters a day. But I'm an alchie who probably drinks 12 beers a day too, so I'm pissing it all out.
>>
1 gallon
>>
There's no right answer. It all depends on physical activity, food intake, climate and other factors. IF'ing through the day, doing nothing but light activity on a cold day? A glass or two probably will be enough for your whole day and you will me pissing crystal clear urine. Eating a lot on a hot day and sweating like a pig? 3 liters or even more might not be enough through the day. Auto-regulation here is key: Drink until you start pissing a clear urine, don't drink again until it starts to get yellow.
>>
I drink a gallon a day. I piss ALOT but it doesnt burn or anything and its usually light yellow or clear.
>>
>>36247519
Can you give us more insight on this? How did you develop kidney disease? Is drinking too much water bad for the kidneys? Between 1-1.5 gallons per day for example?
>>
I rarely if ever drink water. But I got scared thinking that I'd dry the insides like a raisin and die haha. So now I only drink like 2-3 cups a day instead of not at all
>>
>>36246274
no water just milk
>>
>>36247519
>pee all the time, every 30 min
>smallish fever for a week
If you combine that shit with cramping on the side, how screwed am I?
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>36251266

>not going to your local bath house and drinking a gallon of brotein daily

no homo faggot
>>
>>36246274
All of it
>>
I drink at least a gallon a day. Sometimes 2. Most of the time it's like 1.75 gallons
>>
Like 7 years back some guy died of hypothermia in 90 degree heat from drinking too much water. Can't find the article but it was local
>>
>>36251904
think you're thinking of hyponatremia matey
>>
>>36251931
Was 7 years ago. Maybe. All I recall is it thinned the hell out of his blood and he is with Satan now for doing cardio
>>
>>36248059
Drinking 1-1.5 gallons a day is fine amigo. around 1 is good though.
>>
>>36247365
So you are suggesting that billions of years of evolution has not managed to implement a working mechanism to tell us when to drink? That is bullshit
>>
>>36253594
It's not that it isn't there, it's just become malware from people chosing partners like retards for thousands of generations.
>>
>>36246356
Fucking bullshitter
Thirst is the first signal of dehydration. I bet you're one of those niggers that never drink water
>>
>>36253594
Yes, trust your body 100%, when it tells you to eat trans fat just do it.
Billions of years of evolution, right? :^)
>>
>>36254141
The trans fat problem is not part of the billions of years of evolution. It's very recent.

Hydration on the other hand is extremely basic and around since forever. If drinking excessive amounts of water really was beneficial for your health, then evolution surely would have selected for people with a more sensitive thirst. It's very straight-forward.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.