[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this normal I just failed my 170lbs squat a third time and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
18 KB, 300x300
Is this normal I just failed my 170lbs squat a third time and now I have to deload.

However my first 2 times my sets were 4,4,3,3,2. Today however, they were 2,2,2,1,1 wtf? Is this normal?

180 lbs 5ft 10
>>
>>36241847
>>36241847

Might be something to do with diet and sleep

Have you been eating correctly and getting enough sleep?
>>
>>36241847
It means you woke up weaker. It can be poor sleep, poor nutrition, no energy at training...

Deload and you'll be stronger, stop worrying
>>
>>36241847
You're trying to progress faster than your body can. If you're not hitting at least 20/25 reps you should be lowering the weight. Be mindful of how much rest you need between sets, get 8 hours of sleep, and step up your diet.
>>
>>36241847

It means you're right in deloading.

Eat more, sleep more, make sure your form is good and you'll get past it soon enough.
>>
>>36241847
That's what happens when you reach a weight that produces too much stress. The damage keeps adding up and your body can't recover fast enough, that's why you keep having worse and worse workouts.

The cause could be mainly one of these:

1- You are not eating or sleeping enough. At those baby weights, this is the most probable.

2- You have reached a point where 5x5 is just too much volume to keep a linear progression, and you should deload by switching to 3x5.

Try increasing your calorie intake by 500-1000 calories and making sure to sleep at least 8 hours every single day.
>>
>>36241847
You are on a 5x5 and youre not even getting 5 reps for the first 3 sets?You are progressing way too fast.From the looks of it i doubt if you could do 160 for 5 sets of 5.
>>
>>36241847
HAVE YOU TRIED EATING FOOD AND SLEEPING MY MAN?
fucking retards man, its ridicolous to assume that you can ALWAYS add weight.
>>
>>36241847
That's what happens when you 5x5 3x a week

Why not 3x5 when you will get stronger faster?
>>
>>36242925
5x5 while lifting babby weights, switch 3x5 when you start doing 5 5 5 4 3 or something. Since OP can't get 5 on the first 3 sets he should deload until he can.
>>
>>36242841
I eat a lot. 3-5 meals a day. I shit twice a day...
>>
>>36241847
You been getting good sleep? You been eating lots and lots of food? You been keeping your form in check?

Deloading is a good idea if you've been stalling, but you really want to get a good amount of sleep, friend. I know when I don't get good sleep, a squat session that went fine 2 days ago will feel like absolute SHIT.

I thought I had to deload at 180, but then I decided I'd actually try to go to bed early and eat more, and all of a sudden I broke through and progressed.

There's lots of factors you have to take into account when lifting, OP. Just try to fix whichever one of them you think is slowing you down
>>
>>36242967
It's probably affecting his first 3 sets.

Squatting 3x a week for 3x5 is already plenty for a newbie, that's why everyone criticises SS for having too much squatting
>>
>>36243036
> that's why everyone criticises SS for having too much squatting
No. That's because most people on here as aestheticfags and SS is a strength program.

3x5 three times a week is pretty much the correct amount a newbie should be squatting. If not 5x5 for the first few weeks.
>>
>>36243087
yeah that's what I mean. For strength it's optimal, but there's a reason there's so many memes about t-rex legs. For its sheer optimality. Doing more than that is like wew lad
>>
what a disgusting fucking thread.
Shows you that no one here actually lifts
>>
>>36243087

>>36243087
OP here

My goal is to switch to 3x5 on the lift I have to deload 3 times or hit 225 lbs whichever comes first.
>>
>>36243122
what's wrong, friend?
>>
>>36242973
That means jack shit. Calories son, how many calories are you eating.
>>
>>36241847
>Image is 5x5
>Has yet to do 5x5 on the listed lifts

You are ramping too quickly.

5x5 is great for like 6 weeks because if your starting from bar you're barley around the 2 plate mark on anything and you hit the reality wall.

Unless you've been very lucky, strict or coached chances are your form, diet and sleep pattern are probably not optimal.

Watch videos of lifters and guides on form. Deload back until you can do 3x5 on lifts and go from there. Otherwise you'll end up fooling yourself as you keep doing things wrong - the amount of faggots I know who talk about Madcow 5x5 after stalling the first time is unreal.
>>
Yeah do a few heavy singles then ur Reggie 5x5. Keep going until you can do at least 2 5 sets followed by your 5x5. THEN raise the weight.
>>
>>36243293
I would say 3000 to 4000 I work at burger King. I eat a cheeseburger 4x a week on top of cup of oatmeal with peanut butter sandwhich, protein shake with 2 scoops and whole milk, 2 cups of rice, 2 cups of beans or lentils and like half a lb of meat.
>>
>>36243295
I been on 5x5 for 2 solid months.

My ohp is at 110lbs
Bench is at 150
Row at 170
Deadlift at 260
>>
https://youtu.be/z_88V8jHnfc

Form at 170
>>
>>36242790
>If you're not hitting at least 20/25 reps you should be lowering the weight
Holy shit, so I was wrong all this time?

I did my first 20 rep set last week and I've been lifting for almost 4 years now.

Are you saying, I'd be squatting 4pl8s for sets of 20/25 now, not just for triples?
>>
>>36243624
I think he's saying reps over all

5x5=25
>>
>>36243584

good form
>>
>>36243740
You srs lol? I am OP

That was doubles doe cause I knew that if I pushed it my form would break
>>
>>36243358
What?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.