[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FISH FOOD GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: inb4 2mercury4u.jpg (583 KB, 1181x828) Image search: [Google]
inb4 2mercury4u.jpg
583 KB, 1181x828
Is it bad to eat 150g of tuna almost every day?
>>
>mercury

Are you serious anon? Eat canned salmon instead
>>
Switch to sardines, best fish there is to avoid mercury poisoning.

Tuna is literal poison if you eat it every day.
>>
>>36236188
>oil
>>
>>36236263
Are there studies that have found this?

>>36236245
Is it seriously this potent?
>>
>>36236298
Yeah. You really need to avoid mercury in tuna. Read up on it. It's super serious. They recommend like a serving every few weeks, tops. I'm sure you can go above this, but not up to 150g/day
>>
>>36236298
Yes my man, this isn't a meme, it's actually true
>>
>>36236298
>Are there studies that have found this?
I don't know if "study" is the right word, measurements are pretty regularly taken of the mercury levels of caught tuna. Consumer Reports published a big thing last year about how the levels were high enough that people should change their eating habits (and this has been a federal advisory since 2003 or so).

The guidelines right now are no more than 2g large tuna (albacore, bigeye, yellow fin, etc) per kg body weight per week.
Smaller tuna (like skipjack, look for "light canned tuna") have less concentrated levels of mercury, and so it's safe to go closer to 20g / kg / week.

This is of course assuming that tuna is the only ocean fish in your diet.

Maintaining high mercury concentrations in your body is linked to all kinds of horrible symptoms including permanent neurological and metabolic damage.
But generally accepted opinion is that as long as you stay beneath a certain level, you can avoid permanent harm.
>>
>>36236492
Oh, so lemme do the math. If you weight 75kg, and your tuna is skipjack, you can eat 1500g a week, which is actually more than 150g a day. Still though, I don't like skirting close to the limit like that.
>>
>>36236188
eat canned sardines instead
>>
>>36236188
>>36236245
This is only true for the large tuna fish. The ones used in canned tuna are small, and low in the food chain. Eating these is not dangerous.
>>
Is there a good way to eat sardines?
Shit is cheap as fuck but eating it with white rice plain is bland
>>
>>36236561
Crackers and hot sauce? I dunno I just eat them straight from the can.
>>
>>36236584
>hot sauce
>on sardines
That sounds either great or terrible.
>>
>>36236594
not him, but it's fucking great.
>>
>>36236561
Haven't tried it but maybe sweet chilli sauce with cheese/crackers. Fuark could go for that rn but ran outa sardines
>>
>>36236188

in the last few years all the major tuna producers have started getting tuna from south asia countries like Thailand. That's why it got somewhat cheaper over the last few years. Unfortunately, it could have all sorts of nasty shit in it now. A lot of the fish that comes over from that part of the world gets rejected by the government for the reason of "filth".
>>
File: arnie.jpg (7 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
arnie.jpg
7 KB, 200x252
>>36236602
I have a few cans left I might pick some up. I'm thinking of eating 1-2 cans of sardines a day for lunch so I'll try it. Any particular type of hot sauce?
>>
File: 1359359461354.jpg (373 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1359359461354.jpg
373 KB, 1200x1200
>>36236188
I eat 300grams of Tuna a day and have been doing so for about 3 years now. I haven't noticed many adverse heath effects at all. I am getting stronger by the minute and can now survive extreme temperatures. Recently I have started being able to move objects with my mind and I no longer bleed blood but pure mercury. I have learned that the reason they tell you not to eat too much tuna is not because it's bad for you but because they don't want you to become so powerful. In the next few weeks, I'm upping my intake to 500g a day at which point I hope to be able to kill people by staring at them. I'll keep you updated on my progress.
>>
>>36236188
All the scientist who come up with this "Tuna has too much mercury" rubbish are probably DYEL as fuck. They're just jealous of your gains and the fact that you fuck more women than them.

Don't let a bunch of stick thin nerd cunts steal your gains anon. If anything, eat MORE tuna.
>>
>>36239070
kek

dr manhattan among us
>>
File: IMG_2394.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2394.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
back in 2013 I ate all of pic related in one day, it was part of this stupid eating challenge my friend told me about

it was really weird, i mean the bloating, taste and smmell was unbearable, but I felt these druglike effects from it, I kept repeating words to myself and itching/rubbing myself, was fucking strange. i could barely think and music sounded like it was playing backwards

I passed out, woke up like 12 hours later still feeling like shit but a bit more sane. i threw up a metric shitton of tuna juice, i felt fucked up for weeks after.... I still feel like i haven't fully recovered

anyway OP, you'll probably be ok, but dont be excessive
>>
>>36239144
You probably felt sick because you at like 2kg of pure tuna, not because of mercury.
>>
>>36236594
I love it when Ambivalence Man offers opinions.
>>
>>36236561
These but replace with sardines

>>36239117
Yeah that explains it, droves of marine biologists, nutritionists, dieticians and clinical trials are all a conspiracy group of DYELs manipulating the ocean.

/fit/ never ceases to amaze me with its unwavering levels of stupidity
>>
>>36239173
You're a fucking gains goblin too...
>>
>>36236263
>sardines
>literally feeding on 3rd world feces
yum.
>>
>>36239117
KEK!
>>
>humans have so badly fucked up the ocean that eating the fish can kill you
feels pretty bad desu
>>
>>36239313
It's horrible. Makes you wonder how much other food is filled with poison. We've failed our planet and god is punishing us by stealing our gains ;_;
>>
>>36239144
You know by eating too much of fish with high mercury that you can actually develop a severe allergy to shell fish and shit right?
>>
>>36236385
i used to eat a tin of tuna in my tuna sandwiches, usually about 3 times a week, often more. i did this for more than 7 years and i'm fine
>>
>>36239070

top kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDKk2s0pQM
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.