[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
Why don't you run your 10 km a day anon?
What are you a faggot?
>>
I used to. Then I got a stress fracture in my fibula and doctor put a boot on me. It was pretty uncomfortable running in the boot so I had to stop
>>
>>36229373

because running 2 miles makes me feel like a porcupine is bouncing around my lungs
>>
>>36229386
that's sad. Have you found other things to do?
>>
>>36229373
because running 10 k every day will give a injury

also is 23 min a good 5k time I just did this today and I am training since december. I weigh 200 lbs
>>
>tfw you will never catch a kudu just by unstoppably pursuing it till it will drop dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o
>>
>>36229404
That's the best part
>>
>>36229404
go for it.soon after dthat your body will produce endorphins that will make you feel high as fuck. Or you will puke.
>>
File: kenians.jpg (39 KB, 602x198) Image search: [Google]
kenians.jpg
39 KB, 602x198
>>36229465
>>
>>36229386

That's all competitive distance running is...injury management. Gets old.
>>
>>36229465
>>36229499

Imagine being the animal chased.
"whew, that was close. I have lost him now, I'm safe"
The you see that motherfucking unstoppable nigger at the horizon.
"Oh god just kill me now.
>>
>>36229536
that's such a sad way to look at the entire thing
>>
>>36229536
Yeah better stay on the couch waiting to die or lift heavy things till you become heavy enough
>>
>>36229373
Extensor tendinitis keeps me from doing as much cardio as I want. I was doing an hour per day but I can't maintain so I'll just lift again.
>>
The only place left where I can run without getting attacked by packs of dogs is a park that closes at sunset. Two more long weeks until I can run during the week again.
>>
File: 1456511764994.jpg (40 KB, 1094x652) Image search: [Google]
1456511764994.jpg
40 KB, 1094x652
>>36229373
Because i run 17
Aiming for 21
>>
Because I don't want to destroy my knees.

(Seriously I'd love to run if not for my knees)
>>
>>36229373
Used too. It was nice eating +500 cals just for maintinence. On DNP now so I can't really...
>>
i dont have time desu
>>
>>36229457
Yes good time
>>
>>36229690
do you live in eastern yurop or in romania by any chance?
>>
Used to run 5k 3x a week, then thought I'd go to 5x a week cause more running = more better

Fucked up my legs for a good while, when I finally got better I picked up swimming, but I do miss running
>>
>>36229856
This is the most common mistake I see that people do. Doing too much, too hard

A training week should include recovery runs, maybe a tempo run, maybe intervals and a long run.

First thing in the beginning you should build a base. That means for 1-2 months only easy running, conversational pace. Then you can add variations in your schedule.
>>
>>36229373
Cause jump rope is superior in every way
>>
>>36229466

not in the middle of fucking winter it's not

>>36229488

well it's not like I've never run in my life. I just hate doing it in cold weather so every winter I bulk up a little bit. luckily there's skiing near where I live so I can get away with it.
>>
>>36229373
Because running sucks and I'm cycling instead.
>>
>>36229373
Cause im already doing 100 pushups, 100 situps and 100 squats a day. Dont want to be bald you know.
>>
File: Greg Olsen dab.png (167 KB, 255x446) Image search: [Google]
Greg Olsen dab.png
167 KB, 255x446
>>36229994
>>
Used to be a runner. Ran 3 miles a day at the least. Started lifting and quit though. No regrets but I respect runners, shit's harder than lifting.
>>
>>36229457
no, it won't.

get off the couch you fat fuck.
>>
>>36229759
Run on your mid foot or fore foot then. That's what it's for.
>>
>>36230122
yes it will

I run around 40 km per week but I run with an actual routine than being retarded and just run a 10k every day
>>
>>36229901
>First thing in the beginning you should build a base. That means for 1-2 months only easy running, conversational pace. Then you can add variations in your schedule.

What this guy says. It really preps the body for exertion later on.
>>
>>36229759
Form and shoes buddy. Get that shit straightened out.
>>
>>36230139
I have leg length discrepancy
>>
>>36230151
Clearly not training for a serious competition then. Most half marathon/marathon training routines have you somewhere around 10k a day. Won't fuck you up at all if you're actually prepared and strong enough
>>
Cause I'm taking my pre run shit so I don't start prairie dogging 4 miles in. Leaving in 5 minutes
>>
>>36229373
Any of you runners can recommend a compression knee brace that doesnt fucking slide down while I run. I recently hurt my LCL and need extra support on the run. Every compression brace I bought has fucking either slid down or scrunched up painfully around my knee joint.
>>
I run for health, 10km is just too much. I usually run 1x10km and 3x5km in a week.
>>
>>36230199
I'm still too heavy for good split times for now but I do plan to complete a marathon in autumn and a half marathon in may but I don't care about my time for now I just want to finish them. I only do this for a few months.
>>
>>36230226
Try electrical tape around the top and bottom so it's tight to your leg
>>
How do you guys warm up before your runs?

I usually do 1-2 km of easy pacing then some leg swings, jumping jacks and squats
>>
>>36230151
no, it won't.

>I run around 40 km per week

light weight baby

if you're getting injured from that sort of volume then you're basically shit. you've tried too much too soon at too high an intensity and you've fucked everything up. so basically you're just a fuck up.

> but I run with an actual routine than being retarded and just run a 10k every day

you sound like a dick. a solid base of steady state mileage it the best prep for future endeavours and reduces injury risk dramatically. the tendons and ligaments in your body heal and replace at about 1/10 the rate of muscle tissue and as such need long term prep in order to handle very high volume. a steady state program of several months length is the best way to reduce future risk of injury. unless your name is hussein bolt and your body is completely fast twitch and you're shooting for the olympics, long slow distance should be the basis of any beginner's program, especially if they're an adult.
>>
>>36230176
i see. that does really change everything. from an accident? usually if you're born with that they'll clamp that shit as an infant these days to force the legs to grow to equal length.
>>
>>36230308
what part of I do this since December didn't you read? I'm increasing my mileage like 2 km per week
>>
>>36230327
from scoliosis surgery.
>>
>>36230304
I generally run 10k+ so I just jog it out and stretch after the run. According to Tomas Kurz you don't need to warm up for endurance runs, unless you're racing.

Of course, I run in the evening after strength training in the morning. Part of my strength training is a mobility program, so I am generally pretty well prepped on a daily basis.
>>
>>36230341
So you do it fucking stupid. Have a fucking stupid medal.
>>
>>36230354
Bad luck. They don't do any leg-lengthening work afterwards? It's doable but is a pretty major undertaking.
>>
>>36229411
Yeah I have stopped running. But continued lifting. I can't squat or deadlift so I have had to focus on ohp, bench, core. Ill be back to normal next week and I'll be able to get my favorite lifts back in my routine
>>
>>36230408
They do but it isn't all that necessary because i actually can (and do) run 5k about 3 to 4 times a week without almost any pain.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.