[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/, what are your thoughts and experiences on intermittent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: FuckGolf.jpg (296 KB, 1500x1162) Image search: [Google]
FuckGolf.jpg
296 KB, 1500x1162
Alright /fit/, what are your thoughts and experiences on intermittent meme'ing? Is it all that it's cracked up to be, or is it just a pile of bro-science, heresy, and nonsense? I'll be doing my first honest cut starting in around three days, going to early June, so I'd like to here your opinions.

Current plan:

Eat 1500-2000 calories a day (maintenance is around 2700 with all my exercise)
150-180 grams of protein, no limit on carbs, salt, or whatever else
Eat only during 4 hour period from around 7-11pm
Workout as usual 45m-1.5h around 5-6 days a week (ends up being around 6-7pm)
Run whenever I can fit in my schedule
Drink water, green tea, etc whenever I want my stomach to stfu

Also general cutting thread
>>
I like to binge eat so IF fits my lifestyle pretty well my first meal
Usually is 1-1.5k in calories and I snack on random foods to bring macros in line.

Coffee and green tea when feeling abit hungry and will let you go abit longer, my strength has steadily increased but endurance is shit.
>>
>>36222237
Do you ever experience problems with failing sets? How do you time your workouts with it?
>>
>>36222194

I've done something I never even thought was possible in recomping my body whilst IF. I've put on quite a bit of solid mass and I'm 25 pounds lighter than I was 5 months ago.
>>
>>36222271
Could ya gimme some pointers? Looking to do this as efficiently as possible.
>>
Been thinking about doing IF as well. Waiting until I put on some more weight thought. I'm still quite skinny right now and I need to bulk.

The most bearable from what I've read is 16 hours with an 8 hour window for eating.
>>
I do it. I wake up around 7 or 8 for classes and don't get home until like 9 or 10. Makes not having to eat at uni much simpler
>>
Is this some troll?

DONT DO CARDIO when intermittent fasting

Do your normal weightlifting routine, but at 80% or so

And anything after the 16th hour doesnt matter. It's too hard to plan around a 24 hour fast, and it's much easier to say, fast after dinner, go to bed, then lift at around 4 or when ever you reach 16 hours

I do it like this, and it works wonders
>>
>>36222696
I do cardiovascular when intermittent fasting, tell me why that's so bad
>>
>>36222696
Why shouldn't I do cardio??
And your saying that my 4 hour window would be inefficient? Do 8 hours instead?
>>
>>36222772
No it's fine for your 4 hour window

Cardio isnt terrible, but you arent utilizing the second reason, and preferably the main reason we, as in /fit/ do it. Sure if you cardio, it will utilize the fat burning, but it's also for protein synthesis. If you do cardio there is no way in hell you'll be able to lift while fasting, it's one or the other

So the true answer is, if you are a landwhale, cardio while IF, but like most of /fit/, if you want to see sick gains, weightlift while doing IF

And even so, you still get pretty good fat burning benefits while lifting on IF. Might as well utilize the other part too
>>
>>36222890
What if I wanna get dem sick aerobic gains? Like running 2 miles in 12 minutes. Or muscular endurance?
>>
>>36222890
Thanks for the advice, friendo. I'll keep that in mind
>>
I'm doing IF and I'm hungry as fuck right now, nothing worse than trying to sleep with a hungry belly m8
1800 calories :-/
>>
>>36223070
doing it wrong m8. Use the sleep to your advantage. Eat then use your sleep to get through half of your fast
>>
>>36222194
The best IF for me so far has been a day cycle

>Day 1: afternoon
lunch to get some energy

>Lift

>Day 1: dinner
Big dinner of 3500 kcal

>Day 2: morning
nothing

>Day 2 dinner
small salad less than 200 kcal

It worked great, im actually going to start it again next week since I haven't done it since I broke it for Christmas
>>
>>36224228
*2 day cycle
>>
ive been doing leangains for some time now. i eat 20% caloric surplus/high carb on lifting days (3xweek) and 20% caloric defic/low carb on off days. have been steadily effortlessly losing fat on this plan while progressing on all lifts but push press. from 84-85 kg in late november to 73 kg yesterday morning.
>>
Any sort of health/fitness benefit assosiated with IF is a meme/broscience. I do 18-6 IF protocol during cut just as means of controlling my hunger and making calorie counting more simple (since you only have 2 meals a day). Fasting for 24 hours seems unnecessary, and working out during that time is a dumb fucking decision
>>
>>36222890
Lift after first meal and cardio after the 12th hour you fucking pleb.
>>
>>36224266
how can you lose weight if you're supposedly not in a caloric deficit?
>>
Eating 12-8 okay? Can I workout in the eating time or has it to be in the fast? Carbs all throughout the 8 hour window cool?
>>
>>36224943
no problem

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
>>
>>36222194
Does anyone else get constipation during IF?
>>
>>36224905
No idea, im not an anthropologist
>>
do 16/8 and stop being such a fag about it,
>>
The underlying mechanic is still "calories in, calories out". Intermittent fasting is just a different way to get there.

If it works for you, do it. For me personally, I'd get headaches if I went 16 hours without eating.
>>
>>36224986
yep, doing 18/6 and I only shit every few days.
>>
It doesn't work. You will only lose water and muscle mass, and you will regain it in a couple of days. It's a fad, don't do it.
>>
>>36227128
>losing muscle mass
>from fasting for 24 hrs
Dude your body isn't that self-destructive
>>
>>36227128
your an idiot
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.