[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the benefit to doing lunges instead of squats? Why not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
What is the benefit to doing lunges instead of squats? Why not just do squats and hit both legs at the same time?
>>
>>36221687
Bump. No one ever seems to have a reason for this.
>>
walking around the entire gym getting in the way of everyone is much cooler
>>
>>36221741
True, true.
>>
For real tho, I need answers.
>>
No one here knows?
>>
Lighter weight, allows for a high muscular training impulse with lower skeletal load and CNS fatigue
>>
lunges r leik cardio
lol
cardio
i actually do alot of cardio
cardio is good
why arent you doing lunges????
>>
>>36221937
I'm not talking about weight here.

I'm talking about squat vs lunge, same weight, using a barbell.
>>
>>36221937
This is bro science speak for "making less gains on purpose".
>>
No one does lunges on fit, huh?
>>
>>36222098

Not with any significant weight, such that they'd replace squats, no.
>>
>>36221687
Well lunges train stability muscles more
>>
>>36222098
Well, why do them when you can do squats? You'll hit both legs at the same time.
>>
>>36222119
Is there any reason at all to supplement squats with lunges?
>>
I do both.
>>
>>36222122
>muh stability

Get your squat to 500 and see if you have weak stabilizers.
>>
Benefits of lunges over squats?

Ones a compound the other is an isolation exercise.

That's like saying why bench press when you can train one arm on the chest fly machine?
>>
>lunges
Didn't have bregfast
>>
>>36222152
Why train one arm on chest fly machine when you can bench press?
>>
Generally the lunge puts back leg and supporting core under loaded extension. while simultaneously creating a torque across the hips and torso.
>>
I do lunges sometimes to keep my balance up. IDK, I find it helps correct some imbalances.
>>
>>36222133
lunge 500 and see how weak your stabilisers are
>>
>>36222160
hahahahah fuck you man
>>
>>36221687

If you have a homegym you might do lunges when you squat more weight than you own
>>
File: chaningT.jpg (107 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
chaningT.jpg
107 KB, 640x640
>>36222119
I squat everyday (doubles or triples) and add light lunges (60 kg) for sets of 12 once a week to hit some volume, target the glutes and most of all emphasis on my left leg that doesn't work as much as my right during squats because of crooked form ans one leg being 2,5 longer than the other one...
I'm thinking about replacing it by one legged incline press...

Pic related, we can't see much but I squat more on my right leg than my right... And yes, you don't need to tell me I have no calves I know it
>>
>>36223666
Post pic brah
You're almost Xiaojun mode, lose some BF and that's it

Also nice glutes n-no homo
>>
>>36221967
You're looking at it the weong way. Lunges are generally done in place of squats, using less weight. That's like asking the difference between deadlifts and cleans usung the same weight. It doesn't work that way.
>>
>>36223666
yo any tips on working oon depth, you got some sick form bro. feels like my back or knees might give out if i go lower
>>
>>36223959
Thanks m8. It's hard for me to go this deep and not fall forward if I squat over 150-160kg though...
Been struggling to work on my form (started with powerlifting so squatting low barre to parallele...

I do a lot of mobility work every night before sleep (hips and shoulders, mostly)
Also, before every training, I warm up for a good 25 minutes (it helps with my range of motion)

One of the main thing that helped with my squat depth was to work my ankle mobility before squatting. I do dynamic stretches during 30 seconds for each ankle, and then put a barbell on my knees like pic related for a good minute, trying to relax Under the pressure (with 7à to 90 kg). It hurts so I do this with my knee sleeves on. When I started to do this, even 40 kg were really hurting my legs

Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf56Px1X9LE Ehab's warm up, it can give you good mobility ideas
>>
>>36224020
alright i see some asian kid do that barbell on knees thing at my gym and he looks like he's 16 years old and 60kg but squats literally 4 plate with great form lol.

Cheers for the advice
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.