[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the kinobody programs by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: kinobody greg.png (236 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kinobody greg.png
236 KB, 300x300
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the kinobody programs by Greg O'Gallagher? I started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago, and have been doing the 5x5 stronglifts.
>6'2
>175lb
>24% body fat
>very little muscle
Is it worth the money?
>>
File: Cover.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
No. No routine is worth paying for. Ever.
>>
>>36221538
>I want to pay money so someone can tell me what heavy things to lift.
Please don't anon as a beginner you'll get gains almost no matter what. But if you're looking for suggestions I'd go with ICF 5x5 if you have time to spend 2 hours in the gym. If not, go with the Candito linear program. Both are free and better than the Kinobody programs.
>>
>>36221538

Absolutely not, imagine this:

You're never going to look like these fitness models, so you should aim to get as close as possible right?

Are you going to aim for faggot shit-tier-form kinobody or someone who is a true bodybuilder like Artemus Dolgin, who has a passion for BUILDING MUSCLE and not MAKING MONEY?
>>
>>36221629
>>36221662
true, thanks guys

>>36221647
and thanks anon, I'll look into those. ICF looks interesting to me, as it's similar to stronglifts.

My only issue is that I'm sucked into a pf contract for the next 3 months because I'm an idiot.
>>
>>36221755
Yea ICF is almost exactly stronglifts just with added accessories, thats why its good. I thought planet fitness didn't have contracts? Anyway I would suggest finding a new gym but if you want to wait for your contract to end just use dumbells for those three months and focus on cardio.
>>
>>36221755

Also don't fall for the split or PPL meme... Upper/lower twice a week is good, or fullbody 3 times/week. As a natty you're going to want to do fullbody training as much as you can and do extra isolation work for your weak muscles or muscles you want to make larger (lats, shoulders, glutes, etc.)
>>
>>36221834
I gotta call them again and find out then. The guy I spoke to was weird about it. Gold's is a solid gym right?
>>
>>36221538

fuck that clown
>>
Sorry for the total noob-ness, but this stuff gets confusing for me.
>>
>>36222078
Take a tour, all you need is a power cage/ squat rack, a bench and Dumbbells. If you have these things you'll be fine. A deadlift platform and cable machine are nice too but not necessarily.
>>
>>36222094
It's all good m8 just try not to get sucked into marketing. People have known how to get bigger and stronger for hundreds of years paying for a program is ridiculous.
>>
>>36222094
Also friendly tip for a noob, all supplements are worthless don't waste your money. If they worked they would be illegal. Protein powder is ok but there have been no studies that showed increases in muscle gain when consuming more than 0.7 grams per pound of body weight. Something easily achievable with real food.
>>
>>36222115
Alright cool, I know the local gold's has got all that. Sucks that I've been wasting my time with a smith machine, but oh well.

>>36222132
Yeah you're right. Honestly the thing that confuses me the most is the dieting part. I'm having a hard time understanding all the terms and figuring out an eating schedule.
>>
>>36222163
I know jack squat about supplements, so I've steered clear. In terms of protein powder, I drink a muscle milk after every workout, and that's really it.
>>
>>36222164
Meal timing is broscience it doesn't matter if you eat all of your calories in one meal or 12 just eat more than your TDEE if you're trying to gain and less if you're trying to lose.
>>
>>36222186
sweet, I really appreciate the advice.
>>
>>36222231
No problem any other quick questions?
>>
SS/SL till failure
then
TM till advanced on str standards
then
Sheiko

Do ab and arm accessories if you want to look pretty and drop weight for like 2-3 months every year
>>
>>36222164

Dude just forego all that bro-shit and eat clean food, train hard, and track everything. Take photos of yourself, write down what weights you use, write on paper everything you buy from the store and know what you eat.

Once you really get to see and conceptualize your habits, you can work to change them much more easily... As a natty noob you want to train like hell, eat like hell, and make sure you're not gaining a lot of fat too quickly.

Clean food is stuff like a bag of sour patch kids every now and then, water, brown rice, lentils, quinoa, meat, peanut butter, pasta, fish, potatoes, almonds, spinach, kale, bananas, etc. Just think about foods like these when you're at the store and do your best to limit the junkfood but allow yourself to view it as a treat after eating all the healthy shit.
>>
>>36222254
Off the top of my head, can't think of much. Listen to any good music when you workout? Looking for a new playlist actually.
>>
>>36222256
Good advise if OP wants to be a powerlifter but based on his interest in kinobody I'd say he cares more about lookin good.
>>
>>36222274

"that bro-shit" being weighing food, tracking it on some myfitnessfuccboi bullshit, and meal plans
>>
>>36222274
Sweet. I had a bad junk food/eating habit last semester because of stuff going on, but I've been staying clean for a couple months now. Feels good bro
>>
>>36222321
He's doing stronglifts, and sheiko has tons of volume to get a sexy upper body.
>>
>>36222320
I'm into underground and old school hip-hop Scroobius Pip Introdiction is my PR song
>>
>>36222321
My main goal is to gain some muscle/strength, because I'm not even capable of doing a push-up/pull-up.

But at the same time I'd like to remove the fat in my stomach that's making me look like I'm 4 months pregnant/constantly bloated. I've got skinny looking arms, but a planet belly.
>>
>>36222348
sweet, I'll check them out. Thanks dude
>>
>>36222368
Removing fat is in the kitchen and in the amount of actual work you do with the weights.
>>
>>36222392
I'm working on my food habits currently. Been clear of fast foods for about 2 months now, and been sticking to home cooked meals.
>>
>>36222420
>home cooked meals
Thats how I became obese in highschool...

you gotta eat lean meats, water, grains, and green veggies, and eat under your tdee.
>>
>>36222460
My family is huge on chicken & steaks, and plenty of veggies too. I'm awful when it comes to drinking water, but I'm working on it. I gotta add some grains to my diet though.
>>
Don't know if it's too late, but thoughts on pre-workout stuff?
>>
File: headfuck.jpg (80 KB, 450x268) Image search: [Google]
headfuck.jpg
80 KB, 450x268
>>36221538
>6'2
>175lb
>24% body fat
>>
>>36221538

huge fucking scam, don't get coaching unless you're experienced and real coaches don't need to advertise people flock to them for help
>>
>>36222707
I'm telling you dude, I've got little muscle
>>
>>36222708
appreciated, shoulda known better from the start
>>
>>36221538
>>6'2
>>175lb
>>24% body fat
>>very little muscle
are u fucked bro
please post a picture of yourself
how are those stats even possible?
>>
GREG,STOP TRYING SO HARD TO BECOME THE POSTER BOY FOR INTERMITTENT FASTING.
>>
>>36221538
I'm on his mega workout A right now, pretty goat but you shouldn't pay for it, look for the files online, also you are better off with ICF. I did that for 6 months before going to upper/lower and now I'm on the greek god program.
>>
>>36221885
wuts wrong with ppl
>>
>>36222685
I use it occasionally because it's fun, try not to get too caffeine dependent though
>>
ROUTINE MAKES VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE. ITS DIET AND HOW HARD YOU TRAIN.
>>
>>36221885
dude dont diss ppl like that, ppl is awesome
>>
>>36221662
Kinobody is rich anyway, I doubt he cares about money.
>>
>>36222184
Supplements are just that, supplements. Protein is fine to help you get what your body needs if you haven't eaten enough that day to get what you need. Anyone who says supplements are worthless is an idiot who thought a vitamin and shake was going to make them into a fitness model.
>>
>>36225569
>people with money don't care about making more money
Yeah that's the way it works. The only people who don't fucking care about money are people like Bill Pl8s who has amassed so much wealth he can't spend it reasonably in his lifetime.
>>
All the money, all the gymcelling, all the videos... None of it will ever make up for that face.
>>
>>36221538
no it is not. that guy is working out for 10 years or so. you look like that with ANY routine depending on your genetics. his routine is NOT special.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.