[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im a registered dietitian and i feel fucking useless Most disease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: 1456483814772.jpg (98 KB, 902x481) Image search: [Google]
1456483814772.jpg
98 KB, 902x481
Im a registered dietitian and i feel fucking useless

Most disease prevention type diets are widely available on the net despite broscience

A fucking monkey can count calories

All i do is sit all day and talk to old people who cant be bothered to even improve their diets

People who want into fitness ignore rds because theyd rather have their diets planned by fucking personal trainers and are aware most rds are shitty sports rds

Were the niggers of the healthcare

People dont care for what actually works for health

Wat do i do fit
>>
Be content
>>
File: 1435748388537.jpg (51 KB, 585x399) Image search: [Google]
1435748388537.jpg
51 KB, 585x399
>>36215555
You can always get some QUINTS
>>
>>36215574
Damn lol
Chek my quadruple
>>
>>36215567
I know i have it easier than most people but i feel trapped
>>
Kek just like in the hospital
>consult dietician to take care of this guys enteral/parenteral nutrition recommendations
>find a good supplement for this dude that meets this criteria
>go ahead and show this diabetic what carbs are
>hmmm he says he's worried about being too fat/thin, okay thanks man see you later we will get you in touch with dietitians
>thanks yo
>>
>>36215633
I dont get your point
>>
Idk man. I've got a BS in Human Nutrition that I don't use because I didn't think I'd want to be in your position. I'm trying to go back to school for nursing.
>>
>>36215893
You need an accredited bs by the dietetics association of where you live
>>
Thank god I didn't study nutrition
>>
>>36216070
Its pointless. I wish i had realized sooner. What did you study?
>>
>>36215555
how old are you? where are you from?
you're an idiot for becoming a "registered dietitian".
>>
op i was considering majoring in nutrition but can you tell me why you regret studying it? i find it interesting but havent really put much thought into finding a job with it and shit
>>
>>36216101
Im 25
Spain
>>
>>36216125
You get stuff like hi protein = kidnry disease. Broscience in college really.

95%female field
Bad or average pay

Wsy too difficult in irrelevant stuff like organic chemistry
>>
>>36216125
Oh and trying to find a job in a hospitsl is almost impossible unless you are friends with someone inside
>>
kek
>>
>>36216174
damn that sucks to hear, what else would you have rather studied?

i like health science in general, but seeing as nutrition isnt really viable and i don't want to go to med school, i don't know what to do...
>>
>>36216264
I dont know. I like nutrition a lot, i havent thought about it. Maybe computer engineering or smth
>>
File: 1456535632796.jpg (80 KB, 575x554) Image search: [Google]
1456535632796.jpg
80 KB, 575x554
>>36216250
>>
>>36215555
Should have picked a better career. If you become a personal trainer I'm sure you'd rake in the dosh with your extra expertise, but you're hardly going to do that now are you?
>>
>>36216062
It is. By the time I finished I didn't want to do the internship and everything.
>>
>>36216374
Personal training involves a lot of entrepreneurial sense and im not good at that. Also its even harder for pts than it is for dietitians to be financially stable
>>
>>36215555

Holy shit it's Earthworm Jim.
>>
>>36216250
This is hard to look at
>>
>excited about starting my nutrition degree in September
>read this thread

damn. I'm going to study it anyway because I want to go to uni and I'm not interested in anything else but this sucks.
>>
>be a chef
>have big muscles
>want to combine cooking with pt to target a niche market
im not even sure how im gonna do this, all i know is simply being a chef sucks hard, and pts make good money when they have regular clientele
>>
>>36215622
You graduated college, gj now you can go work a desk job at a logistics company and put away files doing regular numbers
>>
Or you know OP, just go to the army you faggot.
>>
File: 1419336393770.gif (1 MB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1419336393770.gif
1 MB, 260x194
>>36215555
You are fucking useless, anybody could do your job.
>>
>>36216264
look into working in a medical laboratory. You have to know a lot about the metabolism of humans etc
>>
Start a kickstarter or write a book for Obama so poor inner city kids know how to not eat shit, because it's a real problem. It could boost ur career. Maybe especially for black or Mexican kids, Ull get bonus points
>>
File: 1455101580036.gif (2 MB, 320x384) Image search: [Google]
1455101580036.gif
2 MB, 320x384
>>36215893

>nursing
>>
Lol.. Within a few years there will be a record break of university graduates who can't hold a good job
They did their time in education but are forced into menial jobs because there simply isn't enough room for everyone
Then crime rates will go up, government will be forced to put more money into police funds, which increases tax and makes everyone more irritated.

Welcome to your new lives, the breakdown if society.
>>
>>36215893
kek nursing is like the garbageman of the hospital. Nothing will work without you but you don't get any respect or special pay
>>
>>36217348
$40/hour is so shitty right
>>
Any physios here?

I'm looking into it.
>>
>>36217362
nah, they just go onto welfare while fighting for those few spots
nobody will do labour except shitskin immigrants
>>
>shoulda majored in business fags
You all got tricked by your dumbass Hollywood movies of "be what makes you happy"
>>
>>36217470
I have a rich Dad so it doesn't matter what I study. I'm always going to be able to afford a home and live comfortably so I can study and do whatever makes me happy. Feels good man.
>>
>>36217309
Not really if youre into clinical work. Its very different from fitness. You dont fuck around in clinical.
>>
>>36215555
Faggot, you posted this thread the other day. Stop with the fucking copypasta already.

Also you wasted QUADS you piece of crap, for that alone you should kill yourself.
>>
>>36215555
Nice quads
Also, that's why I gave up on dietetics studies
you done fucked up OP
>>
>>36217515
I wish i could do that. I love photography and art and music. But science is much.more interesting
>>
>>36215555
You can be my personal food bro and I'll take us to the top
>>
>>36217226
What sucks about it?
I've wanted to be a chef since I was a little kid but I've been having my doubts about it recently
>>
>>36215555
Get a job at a hrslth insurance company in claims.. You'll make more money and be able to take out your anger on humanity
>>
>>36217348
>>36217365

I eventually want to be a CRNA if I can.
>>
File: aubrey.de.grey.jpg (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
aubrey.de.grey.jpg
30 KB, 250x250
>>36215555
Aubrey De Grey says there's virtually nothing you can do to change your natural death age between 2-3 years either way

Your entire field is cucked
>>
>>36217398
with that 70 -90k yearly pay... life will be soo hard (sarcasm btw)
>>
>>36219053
How wrong that statement is. Following that retarded logic you cant change your diet habits to prevent for example a heart attack or a stroke. Genious.
>>
>>36215555
OP why don't you consider doing some overseas work in areas that actually need nutrition advice and rationing such as Africa?
You might be able to get some real world experience, and also get the opportunity to travel while being faced with some serious world problems.
Just a thought, gl
>>
>>36219977
>natural death age
>age at which you will have a natural death
>>
>>36215555
Err, is this pasta now? Or are you just posting the same thread twice?

I responded to this yesterday.

Plenty of jobs only exist due to the laziness of the general public. It isn't hard to tile your own bathroom, plaster your own lounge, landscape your own garden, or repair your own car. Yet people spend many many times what it would cost to do it themselves by paying someone else to do it.

You're just the same.

Do us a favour though - tell fat fucks that it's perfectly healthy and fine to eat an entire KFC bucket every 4 hours. Maybe we can rid the world of this curse.
>>
>>36220084
>tell fat fucks that it's perfectly healthy and fine to eat an entire KFC bucket every 4 hours. Maybe we can rid the world of this curse.
only problem with this is they dont die before reaching sexual maturity and somehow manage to share their genetic material through their deep, chafed crevasses
>>
>>36220109
Yeah, good point. They tend to breed young too, especially in the UK where we throw free housing and money at them.
>>
>>36215574
check my trips
>>
>>36215555
Ayy its the same dude. Like i said, get in clinical while 95% of our colleages go through maternity. Its a oversaturated industry for sure but you should be fine if you're willing to find your niche. Theres still new areas beyond clinical

>mfw i did my bachelors in food industry
>mfw my supervisors said i was employable just from my bachelors
>mfw my master degree qualifies me to market health claims in food products

>>36215633
Painfuly accurate, but Dr's never listen when it comes to enteral/parenteral feed rates tho. Even when we give em evidence why we're doing things this way.

Also you forgot the other things
>type 1 diabetes & diabetic ketoacidosis
>food allergies
>kidney disease and dialysis
>electrolyte imbalances
>heart disease
>fodmap diets
>eating disorders
>mental health

Aged care and diabetes seem to make the bulk of it tho
>>
>>36215555

Do what I did after I became an RD. Become an Army officer. You can commission right away, no competing for an OCS slot.
>>
if you aren't a clinical RD then just take the gun to your head now senpai
>>
>>36215555

stop feeling for people, if they won't help themselves get better, fuck it.
>>
>>36218404
>shit pay
>long hours
>crazy hours
>never get time off on holidays
>kiss rich peoples asses
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.