[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /fit/. How do I motivate myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: im_a_little_bitch.jpg (63 KB, 854x466) Image search: [Google]
im_a_little_bitch.jpg
63 KB, 854x466
Help me /fit/. How do I motivate myself?
>>
File: tumblr_nzryli3OOy1uxktcfo1_540.jpg (53 KB, 540x457) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzryli3OOy1uxktcfo1_540.jpg
53 KB, 540x457
Just think about ending up dying having never witnessed anything close to your body's maximum potential.
>>
>>36213958

Pump cheeks
Solve problems
Get it wet
>>
>>36213958
Have you tried thinking beyond the current moment? Have you tried thinking where you'd like to be in 1 year.... 5 years.... 10?
>>
>>36213978
>kyouko will never sit on you while you play games
>>
>>36214015
yeah but everything is meaningless and we will all die eventually
>>
>>36214019
>you will never feel her thighs gently squeezing you.
>>
>>36214057
It hurts
>>
>>36214063
Actually it looks pretty comfortable desu.
>>
>>36214036
>I just discovered nihilism
Just because it's all meaningless doesn't mean it's not fun.
Will you be more happy, or more satisfied if you're healthy? If so, put in the work and reap the rewards.
>>
>>36213958
you don't need motivation, you need discipline.
>>
>>36213958
Too many threads asking this question.

After a few months at most, motivation does not play a role in doing shit.

Discipline is what makes you go to the gym.

Think about it like this:
When you were little, like 3-4 years old, there was specifically a good tasting toothpaste for you to use, so that brushing your teeth won't be a bad experience. Maybe a cute toothbrush as well with dinosaurs at the end and stuff like that.

Brushing your teeth was a game then, or your parents tried to make it look like one. Now, you do not need dinosaurs at the end of your toothbrush to brush your teeth, you just know that if you don't, your teeth will look like shit and they may develop cavities and hurt like hell.

Brushing your teeth twice every day is normal now. You don't need motivation for it, you just do it.

Do the same with lifting or whatever you need motivation for.
>>
>>36214320
>pro nihilist in the house

>>36213958
why did you start? if it's to fuck bitches, watch pictures of hot chicks and think whether or not they would fuck you
if it's to be stronger so you could hug better, watch pictures of bears
if it's because you want to beat up your dad for treating you and your mother so badly, just talk to him you piece of shit. or practice a martial art.
>>
>>36213958
I'm sorry guys, but what is this from? Don't know how to reverse image search on phone.
>>
get the fuck off of 4chan

the people here are actively trying to bring you down, to step on you to get up themselves
>>
>>36215240
Hunter x Hunter
10/10 anime imo
>>
>>36215265
Thank you anon, I'll give it a go.
>>
>>36215240
Japan
>>
>>36214036
>but everything is meaningless
We actually have no way to know if this is true
>>
>>36215265
I stopped watching when they went full Dragon Ball with superpowers and shit
>>
Hajime no Ippo. Hats what started me off.
>>
>>36215298
That's the bit where I actually started getting into it.
>>
>>36215298

In the context of HxH, it didn't seem out of place.

Something like Naruto, on the other hand? That was literally DBZ with ninjas after the chuunin exam and it was trash.
>>
>>36215336
I got 80 episodes into Naruto and I just could not find a fuck to give after that
>>
File: vNayaEq.png (118 KB, 338x349) Image search: [Google]
vNayaEq.png
118 KB, 338x349
Just keep thinking about how much of a fucking loser and hopeless fuck you are, that's usually what motivates me tbfh.
>>
File: 1449508470098.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449508470098.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>36213958
>>36213958
i dont have motivation for anything, i don't have motivation for finishing school, finding a gf, going to the gym, eating, studying, getting out of bed, but i do it anyways because knowing that im in my mid 20s and i wasted time that i will never ever get back,and that is probably the worst feeling one could have.

i dont know where im going, what im doing, where i will be, or why i even bother staying alive, but i do know that nothing will change if i do nothing. i dont even have a guarantee that anything will change but anything is better than looking back 3-4 years and imagining how different things could be if i went to the gym instead of staying home doing nothing or if i tried a bit harder in class

tl;dr do shit now regardless if you want to or not or regret it later
>>
File: jojo.jpg (2 MB, 2762x1600) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
2 MB, 2762x1600
George has a good take on motivation

https://youtu.be/4s3bJYHQXYg
>>
File: lee priest fniger.jpg (184 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
lee priest fniger.jpg
184 KB, 500x636
>>36215384
I was in the same boat as you. Don't get yourself so caught up in the monotony of modern life. Keep trying new things and challenging your weaknesses. Try out a new sport, get yourself involved in something that appeals to you, commit yourself to learning a new instrument, or go travel somewhere by yourself for a week.

The first initial steps to changing your lifestyle habits are always the hardest. But once you get yourself over those humps, I promise you will feel so much better about yourself.

But whatever you do, DON'T BE A PUSSY, FAGGET
>>
>>36215623
>had
>>
File: NChLj.gif (278 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
NChLj.gif
278 KB, 450x338
>>36215752
>>
>>36215384
Same situation. I was 300 pounds about a month ago. Down to 280ish.

Make some goals. For me its starting a new profession and getting laid more.
>>
Craigs story lads.
>>
>>36215384
19 and you described my life, damn
>>
By not being a faggot.

seriously it's just an hour out of your fucking day.

It's people like you that let me fuck their girls because they have no desire or drive and make their girls want something greater.
>>
File: lsd.jpg (1 MB, 1683x1200) Image search: [Google]
lsd.jpg
1 MB, 1683x1200
Do LSD m8, it worked for me. I used to be a skeleton that would smoke weed all day every day and not do much else. After my first LSD trip I stopped smoking weed, found a new and better job, started trying in school and started lifting.
>>
>>36213958
Her name is Nora
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.