[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /fit/ i've got serious problem. I cannot stop smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: 1455531142715.jpg (756 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1455531142715.jpg
756 KB, 2448x3264
Okay /fit/ i've got serious problem. I cannot stop smoking weed, it's been about 5 years right now when im "in" this shit. Im smoking about 3 times per week, and now after this time i can see that this is road to nowhere. Because of mj i have eating disorder (eating like hippo while night, it just destroy my cutting) my memory is just autistic, i cannot do things properly how i want.
I have to quit, immediately, that's why im asking you folks: have you got some protips for me, your experience behind leaving that addiction? Thanks bros.
>>
>>36212447

Just stop smoking you weak willed bitch.
>>
OP have you thought about checking out Narcotics Anonymous? Addiction is a disease that takes over your life and usually you need an outside factor to overcome the hellhole of an addiction.
>>
>>36212447
Hey man I smoked weed everyday for a couple of years and then semi regularly for a few more years while trying to quit. Unfortunately I haven't got much in way of tips. You just really have to want to quit.

Just keep quitting. Relapse and quit again. Just don't give up.
>>
i feel you OP, been smoking weed almost everyday for 2 years. i stopped last friday for a while, to be honest it's not too bad. the first few days are the hardest, especially trying to sleep (even more so if you're used to smoking before bed).

what i'd recommend is
a) finding a hobby/something to occupy yourself with when you want to smoke (eg. i like vaping and building my own coils so that takes up a chunk of my evenings)
b) tire yourself out before going to bed, and go to bed earlier. so for instance go abuse your body in the gym or go for a run or go swimming or something
c) buy some modafinil. it'd be best if you just google it, but it basically acts similiar to adderall except not being based on an amphetamine. it gives you great physical and mental motivation.
d) if you smoke cigs, try quitting them. i found it easier to stop smoking weed after i knew that i could give up smoking

gl op
>>
>>36212499
Getting outside and actually going to a meeting is often extremely hard. Check out na.org and google "NA podcast" for free podcasts and speeches. Its good to hear from people with the same struggles
>>
Pro-tip: You're still going to be fat, lazy, and dumb without the weed. Blazing responsibly means not letting it cause problems.
>>
I have been smoking 3-4g a day for the last 3 years, every fucking day. I'd go to work and uni stoned every day, I dunno if people could tell or that was just how they thought my personality was like cause I was never not stoned.. I haven't had a billy in about 60 hours now and let me tell you... Sleeping is hell, but that's about it. I honestly am enjoying being sober more than I thought I would. Like mundane daily tasks that I was too lazy to do while stoned are actually someone enjoyable now just because they give me something to do. I dunno if I'm gonna be straight edge, but I'm gonna stop for at leased a month and get myself in check
>>
Dude it's not addictive lol that's just the narcs tricking you with their propaganda. Why would a mind-affecting drug be addictive?

Addictions often accompany other behaviours and they reinforce each other. Classic one is smoking and drinking- smokers trying to quit often slip up when they go to have drinks.

So try to figure out if your smoking is triggered by any other stimulus and then work to control that stimulus as well as the weed.
If you do it with friends, ask them to do something different for a while.
If you do it when you're stressed, take up meditating.
If you do it when you're bored, pre-arrange some activity for you to do immediately if you're bored and find your mind wandering to weed.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160301-123017.png (95 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160301-123017.png
95 KB, 1080x1920
>smoked 5-10 cigarettes a day for about five years
>decided I should stop now
>stopped
>wasn't even hard
Weed isn't even physically addictive you massive weakling
>>
>>36212447

I stopped meeting with friends if i knew they were going to smoke some pot.

If they told me they bring weed, i say wouldnt join them anymore.

There are still my buds, but i dont hang around with them, if they plan to smoke pot
>>
>>36212447
dude I went cold turkey last September and it wasn't even hard. Here's how I negated the want to smoke, I thought about how:
>I would not be able to pass a drug test during my current job search
>I would be even more cognitively impaired then I am now, so no need to keep smoking and exacerbate it
>and lastly it costs me money, so quitting is literally profitable prima facie
Just fucking quit. Either you have the genuine incentive to do so (I.E. you can comprehend of the massive disadvantage you'll be at in life if you don't stop now) or you're still at the "I-don't-actually-have-the-ability-to-properly-picture-what-I'm-missing-out-on-by-not-quitting" phase.

And we are not even talking about a seriously addicting drug like fucking heroin or nicotine.

Take some advice from Nike regarding your need to quit and Just Do It
>>
>>36212447
So you basically become addicted? You should seek professional help.
>>
me either OP. Smoke like $150 a week.

But i don't fuck up and pig out with the munchies. I lift and eat right
>>
Just eat small doses.
>>
Just quit cold turkey. There's no psychological addictive in weed, only a physical addiction. Weed is not like cigarettes. Weed is like an MMORPG type of addiction. I went cold turkey last year on weed for a job and I had no problem quitting.
>>
>>36212907
Jesus, grow up and put that money away for something.
>>
>>36213017
You mixed up some stuff there, I think.
>>
>>36212447
Easiest way is to smoke all of it and then not buy any more. This is from someone who quit. Now I can enjoy it occasionally but I haven't smoked in months.
>>
File: 1454335604187.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1459) Image search: [Google]
1454335604187.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1459
>>36212447
>smoking cannabis
>putting feet on the bong

>fuck_outta_here.jpeg
>>
>>36212447
That bong is disgusting
>>
>have you got some protips for me, your experience behind leaving that addiction? Thanks bros.

I smoked it everyday for about 6 years. Reducing my intake to strictly evenings only really helped (got my productive shit done during the day; heavy lifting, going to work, uni studies etc). Eventually I decided to kick it entirely because I felt weak willed.

The only thing that bothered me was really vidid dreams and quite distrupted sleep. The first week was a bitch and I was quite tired but your body does readjust eventually.

Most my friends are heavy tokers so letting them know what I was doing, and avoiding scenarios where they smoked helped a lot as well.
>>
File: why1.jpg (55 KB, 813x901) Image search: [Google]
why1.jpg
55 KB, 813x901
>>36213067
Yeah no shit. I refuse to smoke out of my friends' bongs because the filthy fuckers never wash their pieces. Fucking animals.

>mfw seeing a grimy bong
>>
>>36213066
>fuck_outta_here.jpeg
>1454335604187.jpg
>>
>>36212447

I smoke 2oz a month, and i have NONE of the problems you have. Except the short term memory. But my longterm memory is fucking great. Anyway i smoke 2oz a month and i have NONE of the problems you do. Excited except short term memory.

Serioualy though, youre a weak minded faggot who cant control his urges. The only way youre going to quit smoking is if you drop 3pl8 on your neck on your next bench.
>>
>>36213170
Nice

OP, keep hittin that reefer sendin ya straight to heaveeeen

But seriously, just switch to vaping or quit. I wish I could still enjoy weed, makes me paranoid as fuck these days.
>>
>>36212447
>Because of mj i have an eating disorder
no, you're just a fat fuck who can't control himself
>I cannot stop smoking weed
Just stop pussy
>>
File: justindoit.jpg (12 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
justindoit.jpg
12 KB, 199x253
>>36212447

In the past 3 years I managed to stop drinking regularly, stop smoking weed, stop smoking cigarettes, stop using coke, and stop playing mmos non stop. I get addicted very easily.

I found that you have to replace negative addications with positive or moderate ones. And it takes time. You don't go cold turkey. I started eating clean, doing barbell strength training and bodybuilding, doing high intensity cardio, meditating, doing a couple of further education courses, and building a social & love life.

When I have smoked at odd joint, cigarette, had some coke, or played a game a little too much I honestly have not enjoyed it. I actually prefer the buzz I get from self improvement and healthy pursuits to the buzz from before. It's not really that different as it's still just manipulating dopamine & serotonin levels in your brains. But you don't get the destructive side effects & come down that drugs & video games have.
>>
File: 1456788964929.jpg (7 KB, 201x200) Image search: [Google]
1456788964929.jpg
7 KB, 201x200
>>36213230

O/

I quit mmos, started smoking, started doing drugs and basically anything I shouldve done half a decade ago.

>mfw no crash from anything.

Hard not to get addicted if you're getting no negative sides
>>
>>36212447
I smoked five times a day for years. Met a girl who wanted me to stop; I stopped immediately. It wasnt that hard.

You need to find a girl to plow or a substitute activity. Figure out what you want to get into that doesnt involve weed and commit to it. And then just don't buy weed.
>>
So i was thinking about it, and pot is the ultimate dieting supplement, no matter what your size. Smoke mad amounts in 90days for a bulk, cuz munchies, or if your a fat fuck, just sit on your fat ass and smoke until you hit youre absolute low, and when you quit, your apetite will be severely decreased! All you have to do is fucking control yourself from that point on.

Or just control yourself right from the start, but where the fuck is the joy in that, right?
>>
>>36213230
Can I ask you a question?

What, exactly, is the point in posting a picture like that?

Are you trying to suggest that you are like that guy, that you're standing there? Is everyone expected to do something similar?

Just write a post and forget the image bullshit.
>>
>smoke weed
>clean up room
>do some reading
>work on writing/journal
>snack on fruits/nuts and drink only water for cotton mouth
>go to bed still high
>wake up sober as a gopher and feeling good

Don't blame the weed for your actions, you are responsible for yourself

What you lack is discipline, work on that and being able to stop smoking weed will follow naturally or don't be a fucking pizza shit when you're high
>>
>>36213526

>I don't know who Based Justin is

GTFO newfag
>>
>>36213526
>upset about seeing a picture of Chad

Lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>36212447
Best advice I can give you is to throw out any paraphernalia you have like bongs, pipes, vaporizers etc. Then toss whatever weed you do have its tempting to just finish what you have but that'll only make you want to get more when you have no weed and nothing to smoke it with it'll be easier to stop yourself when the urge to smoke comes on
>>
>>36212516
Quitting quitting is for quitters : ^ )
>>
>>36213657
never don't give up giving up
>>
>>36212456
This
>>
I kicked H two weeks ago, man up faggot.
>>
>>36212791
This
>>
>3 times a week
LOL
>>
>>36212447
What is wrong with people that they feel the need to get fucked up everyday? Smoking, drinking, pills i dont understand it for shit. I do it all for partys but when the fuck do people start thinking its okay to mix it with their daily lives and not see that as a huge red flag. Don't use the depression excuse ive been fucking homeless for a year before after failing out of a college i put all my hopes in and all of my current money plus loans. During that plummet lost the woman i loved at the time and lost my car and i never fucking turned to drugs. Just seemed a stupid choice then as it is now and i was at the point where if i would have owned a gun i would have ended it.
>>
I smoke weed an probably take around 10 huge bong hits a day. I am cut as fuck. Weed never made me hungry
>>
>>36212447
Dude unless you're smoking a pound at a time, smoking a few times a week is not the cause of your problems - YOU are. I've been smoking for at least 5 years daily, about. 5-1 gram daily. I have a 25 inch waist, despite the fact that I was a fat kid my whole life. Ane I've been getting straight A's in all my courses for the past few years despite being a c average student when I was a kid. Weed doesn't make you stupid lazy and fat, YOU do. The only thing weed
will so is break down your inhibitions and show the real you, which is apparently stupid fat and lazy
Stop blaming external reasons for your own internal shortcomings, its probably why you're fat lazy and stupid
>>
I blazed for 3-4 years straight then quit because I joined the air force. All my friends used to smoke to but everyones pretty much stopped and has grown out of it. The only people who carried on are losers.
>>
>>36213230
i like this guy
>>
>>36212571
This. You guys are just as bad as blaming genetics for being fat. Its not the weed, its YOU
>>
>>36213733
This is me. Weed has always made me feel kinda like when I was on shrooms, slightly nauseous and not hungry at all. I've tried all kinds of strains and nothing does it.
>>
>>36213732
I smoke everyday, but I don't get "fucked up". I smoke about 1 g throughout the day and its me keep a nice focused calm. Your perceptions seem a bit warped
>>
>>36212447
Went from smoking 10-20 joints ped day to 0 cold blood. You just have to make the decision. And keep it. A few tips.

a)Give it a month. Say to yourself that you won't smoke for one month, no matter how much you want to. If this month passes and nothing has become better, you go back to smoking.

b)When you feel like smoking you'll remind to your self that you can smoke anytime you want to if things become unbearable. They won't, just say this to your self to calm down.

c)Stop hanging out with stoners for a while.

d)After a couple of months you'll feel ok. The <<addiction>> will be over. At this point you'll think that it's ok to smoke once in a while. Don't do it.

e) A new hobby is very important. When I stopped smoking I began lifting.

As I said, you just have to take the decision and completely stop it. Sorry for any grammatic errors, english isn't my native language.
>>
I only stopped smoking after court ordered rehab cause I was in a drug raid. A DWI later on helped too. If you can will yourself to drop the substances in your life, please do, because if you continue down this road you will only lose your freedom.
>>
Stop being 16 and get professional help of you need to
>>
>>36213820
>do what the man says or you'll lose your freedom
>>
>>36213757
Exactly. I used to heroic dose everything i did ( thanks childhood completist personality). I always had to beat games at the hardest difficulty that transferred to psys. Thankfully my bud who got everything moved. Now i just smoke bud and not wax and/or ketamine. Once i started doing K i felt like i was snorting money. Weed is too easy to redis and not actually lose money on.>>36213790
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.