[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confused on cutting/bulking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Photo on 3-1-16 at 12.17 AM.jpg (125 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 3-1-16 at 12.17 AM.jpg
125 KB, 1080x720
/fit/, I have a dilemma. I am a 5'7 manlet that is currently 130 pounds. I used to be 150 lb, but I had a significantly higher body fat, but i cut down 20 pounds in ~9 months.

Now my body fat isn't as low as I would like, and I still look relatively thick in the waist. If i cut anymore, i will become skelly even though I have chicken legs. What the fuck do i do? Cutting is making me look annorexic in clothing at this point, and I still want to drop to 10% body fat
>>
I would say go on a mini bulk for about 2 months. Add as much muscle as you can, then cut down for a month. Overall I would suggest to cut fully then to bulk, but you don't want to.
>>
>those lat insertions

I'm so sorry that you were cursed with those genetics.

>reads post
>I am a 5'7 manlet
Oh it gets worse.

>cut or bulk thread
And you're also retarded? Damn, OP, I'm very sorry.
>>
>>36211406
that is some fucking gyno right there
>>
>>36211770
I dont think its gyno, i think its just i have a relatively bigger upper body considering my low weight/ body frame and theres fat covering my pecs/ waist
>>
>>36211810
I want to motorboat your titties and I'm not even that gay
>>
>>36211406
Cut more or bulk more, man. You just look real middleground.
>>
>>36211830

Ok I think i'm just going to cut at a 200 calorie deficit (1800-1900 calories a day) while getting 40% calories from protein, evenly spaced out 5-6 times a day to gain muscle and lose my fat stores

This shit works right?
>>
>>36211406
I'd cut senpai, you're entering flabby territory and I wouldn't be happy in that place. Do whatever aligns with your preferences
>>
I'm also around 5'7, 130. at the moment, i've been trying to bulk to at least 140 while doing sl5x5.
Just reach your lifting goals and then cut afterwards.
>>
>>36211406
How much can i cut ?

like seriously i just want to cut as fast as possible. my TDEE is 2300 and i am thinking about 1000-1200 deficit. i am 25% bf and have done a 8 month bulk.
>>
>>36212019

I'd cut to 10% body fat, even if it makes you look scrawny. Aim for 750 caloric deficit to reduce amount of muscle loss (~1.5 lb a week lost) and prob 3x a week full body workouts.

750 caloric deficit is plenty, and i wouldn't hit 1000+ since it might leave you with loose skin.
>>
>>36212037
gotta agree with this.
you might bot like it now but it will show results, provided that the calories you do consume arent shit tier
>>
>>36212037
so 750 deficit wont decrease muscle mass?

what about that thing where you eat at a surplus on lift days buy very low on rest days so you average to a 750 deficit a day by the end of the week ?
>>
>>36212055
are carrots shit tier ?

someone told me they contain way to much sugar to be considered a vegetable.

for me its a very easy snack food but then again i just eat a kg of them i i am not careful.
>>
>>36212066
don't juice them and they are fine.
what else?
give us an example of your perfect eating day within the calorie limit.
>>
>>36212057

You will lose muscle mass at 750 calorie deficit, but going past that will exponentially increase the amount you lose from what I've read in literature.

750 is just that sweet spot for fat loss: muscle loss ratio IF you want to lose weight quickly.
If I were you I'd eat at a 500 caloric deficit on training days, making sure you get a good pre-workout meal to fuel your workout. 800 ish caloric deficit on non training days.

Also eat whole foods, whole grains, at LEAST 1g protein/ body weight, and protein shakes to supplement if you need. The basic nutrition stuff.
>>
>>36212074
apples bananas
chicken quarter legs (with skin on)
eggs bread
potatoes with gravy and kale.

something like that
>>
>5'7
>130
You're already a skelly mode, Mr. Breath Holding McChestPuff. Just bulk as clean as possible
>>
>>36212083
i dont really want to use money on shakes (well pancakes to be honest i just added water and put the batter in a pan instead of drinking it)

1 chicken quarter leg is 400 cals and 40 protein if i eat 2 of those a day i will probably get to 100g of protein a day. i thought that would be enough if i weigh 178 pound (at 25% bf)
>>
>>36212101

If you're cutting at a 750 caloric deficit, you should probably ensure you get 5-6 evenly spaced meals in your day that equal to at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight unless you want to lose significant muscle mass.
>>
>>36212131
wow chill out with the bro science.
>>
>>36212158

It's safe science. Alternatively you can just eat 3 meals a day with close to 1g protein/ pound of body weight and probably be fine, but the 5-6 evenly spaced with at least 1g protein/ body weight will probably be safer
>>
Kind of IT: I'm cutting and following a 3xweek routine focused on squat, clean+OHP, thruster and some bodyweight stuff. No cheat meals whatsoever, no alcohol, tracking calories through Fitbit app, monitoring heartrate to estimate calories, etc. Thinking about dropping some cardio sessions every now and then just for fun.
Now, I've been taking creating for about a month since I wanted to limit my muscle loss during this cutting phase: I'm about 190cm for 90kg with an estimate bf% of about 13%, I've been getting fat in the last few months due to a forced stop in my training, I started cutting when I was 94kg, I've lost a couple of kilos of what I presume to be water in the first 10 days, then 0.5kg/week as I always do when cutting. Now it seems like I'm gaining back weight: is this water retention due to creatine? I try to drink at least 2.5 liters of water a day, but maybe it's too little when creatine is involved?
>>
>>36212182
Dont forget the post-workout 30.5 minute anabolic window. Gotta get them max gainz
>>
>>36212182
you mean per pound of lean bodyweight right ?
>>
>>36212188

this has been debunked, as other literature has claimed that the post workout anabolic window can last up to 6 hours post workout... but having a steady supply of amino acids in your bloodstream from evenly spaced out meals throughout the day to prevent muscle loss is not bro science when you're in a caloric deficit
>>
>>36212182
Fine, I'll bite because he might actually believe this.
>1g per lb six times a day
If he were to eat this much protein, cutting would be impossible.
>4cal per gram of protons
>weighs 130lbs
>6 meals, so 130x6=780g of protons
>780x4=3120cal just from protein
This is assuming he basically gulps down a package of unflavored brotein powder a day, and nothing else. Even if you were talking about 1g per kg of weight, he'd have to consume 1400+cals in protein alone.

Shoo shoo shitposter
>>
>>36212245
Oh btw OP, a constant supply of amino acids is a good thing tho. Eat small meals throughout the day, your body is shitat storing protein for later use. Substitute some with shakes if you want. Generally, 0.75g per lb of lean mass over the whole day is already more than you'll need. Feel free to eat more if you want.
>>
>>36212273
even when cutting? don't you need more protein on a cut ?
>>
>>36212333
0.75g is already an excess, and as far as I know there's no reason you would need more on a cut. Why do you think so?

But as I said if you want to you can eat more if you want, just drink enough water
>>
>>36212561
so with lean bodyweight my 178 pounds would become like 145 pounds? meaning less then 100g protein a day.

if so i guess il start stocking up on chicken quarter legs and just eat 2 of those a day and the rest whatever i want within calorie restrictions.
>>
>>36212577
As I said earlier, eating all of your protein at once is pointless. Half of that shit will leave your body before it can get used. Eat those two chicken breasts or legs or whatever, but eat parts of them over the day.
Also, protein =/= protein. There's a bunch of different ones, some basically useless and some absolutely essential. Read up on BCAAs at least. No need to supplement them, animal meat contains quite a lot and eating some chicken erryday is usually enough. If it's not, whey protein isolate is your best friend once again (26% BCAAs according to USDA, that's at least 6g per scoop. 10-12g a day is more than enough).
You might end up needing more protons than 100g, but only because you're ingesting them irregularly. If you want to be sure, just eat more. It's not necessary if you track your protein ingestion well though.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.