[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mfw rest day...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: am I making it.jpg (139 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
am I making it.jpg
139 KB, 600x800
> Anyone else addicted to that post-workout endorphin release?
> Or the capacity to sleep through the night after breaking your max?
> Maybe even to the looks you've been getting recently?

Rest days leave me feeling stagnant and sluggish, /fit/. If anyone has any wisdom on how to mitigate or upright abolish the need for a full rest day, that would be amazing.

Also QTDDTOT thread if it suits y'all.
>>
>>36209339
practice meditation
>>
I was on your boat too OP. I decided to just lift 7 days a week and im still progressing.
>>
>>36209366
Vinyasa yoga? Hatha? Or just the basic kind? I used to all the time, but I've fallen from that graceful period.
>>
>>36209401
Ever feel like it strains your body too hard?
>>
You can do cardio every day.
>>
>>36209429
Do you? If so, what's your cardio routine like?
>>
>>36209422

Your intuition will hit and you'll figure out a delicate balance to not fatigue yourself.

I had 5 total rest days since last August.

Like I can bench X for 3 sets of 10 right, but if I do that im so tired I cant bench it again for 2-3 days...well instead of doing that i do 6 sets of 6 every other day.

So now in 5 days i benched 108 reps and not just 60.
>>
>>36209422
>>36209477
>Your intuition will hit and you'll figure out a delicate balance to not fatigue yourself.

This.
>>
>>36209477
Hell to the yes, that's badass, man. Thanks for the input, it's good to have anecdotal evidence that if done right, you won't lift yourself to the point of atrophy doing it everyday.

You seem like you like your benches. What's the rest of your routine look like?
>>
>>36209532

My routine is pretty specific to my goals, which is a 200kg bench. Atm I bench 170kg at 93kg.

I usually just do my 6x6 bench and then work in with friends. They do ~21 sets 10-16 reps bro split shit. I am that guy thats always at the gym basically.

Anyway, just do something that's fun. You can even do PPLPPL...
>>
Feel free to chime in about my current routine:

> Day A:
- Squat 3x5
- OHP 3x5
- Lateral Raises 3x5
- Skull Crushers 3x5
- Pull Ups 3x8 + 1xFaliure

> Day B
- Squat 3x5 (Unless overly fatigued, I tend to do multiple days in a row)
- Bench Press 3x5
- Pendlay Rows 3x5
- Bicep Curls (infrequently) (fuckin' hate biceps)
- Diddy Lift 1x5
- Dips 3x8 + 1xFaliure
>>
just how important is sleeping? I get really irregular amounts of sleep because of my schedule and was wondering how badly it will fuck my gainz
>>
>>36209339
My routine:
Monday workout and cardio
Tuesday rock climbing
Wednesday workout and cardio
Thursday workout and cardio
Friday yoga
Saturday workout no cardio because probably hung over tbqhf
Sunday workout and cardio

Now my workouts are based around powerlifting, gymnastics, and a little aesthetics stuff but do you bruh
This works great for me
>>
>>36209848
Also could sub a workout for boxing practice if you'd like. That's something I used to do, considering getting back into it for fun fit stuff to do.
>>
>>36209773

Thats kind of a 3day per week routine though. Its very intense. Keep in mind i can do 10 reps if i put my heart to it but im choosing to stop at 6(for bench at least)

That 6th set of 6 ill be lucky if i get 5 in.

All these workouts are great though. Youre gonna have to just play around and figure it out for yourself. If youre worried then just look up a high frequency routine or really find another hobby and have rest days.

I just believe people should make their own fit journey and experiment a bit. Really adds a fun dimension to fitness when youre screwing around with routines and diets you invented...and they work too.
>>
>>36209401
I did this for about 5 years before the over use injuries started to hit me. Enjoy it if you're not feeling any negative results
>>
>>36209805
>>36209805
>>36209805
If someone could answer this one properly, that'd be great. This questions been bugging me too, for a while
>>
>>36209848
Do you use a rock climbing gym, or do you just boulder around on local rock faces?
>>
>>36209881
It's essential unless you're taking steroids which will need substantial and unhealthy doses. Sleep is where 95% of recovery occurs. Including muscle growth and repair as well as neurological repairs. Not to mention balancing hormonal levels and clensing of the blood by dem thurr kidneys
>>
>>36209896
Gym. I'm in the middle of a big city so I don't really have the option that often. But it's a fun fit activity of you have a friend or qt3.14 with you. Guaranteed smash btw
>>
>>36209339
I haven't taken a rest since 2 weeks ago, I'm probably just nervous that my Primo cycle and my 6 month bulk session is ending soon so that I can cut and compete. I need to be as big as I can right now, but then I'm not natty so I can probably get away with not resting a bit.
>>
>>36209905
how does the amount/quality affect it though?

for example, if I feel well-rested, is that a close-to-optimal amount of sleep? What if I feel well-rested after, say 6 or any seemingly low number of hours? Is that clearly suboptimal? etc
>>
>>36209978
6 is a healthy amount. 8 is just what is taught as optimal. Below 5 is where you start running into trouble. Also listen to your body. Don't become reliant on stims. If you "need" caffeine or pre workout it's time to sleep more
>>
>>36209773
You have a depth to the way you perceive fitness that I didn't even know anyone on here had. It's really neat yuo see it that way, and makes being creative with my fitness now seem a lot more acceptable.

Most /fitizens/ are freaks about doing things a certain way that I've gone my whole weightlifting experience without trying anything different or new. Thanks man.

And should I split it all into 3 days then, is what you're suggesting? Or tone down the intensity of each?
>>
>>36209905
Thank you for wrapping the explanation up without posting a damn thesis, I'll be sure to make some time for sleeping gains from now on.

Double points if you could answer whether or not you think use of sleep aids would effect recovery and sleep quality?
>>
>>36209916
I was thinking about getting back into rock-climbing just the other night. And yeah, I've heard about those gyms (and other outdoorsy-type group facilities) being all crazy "intertwined" with each other. You think there's a smash waiting to happen at a rock climbing gym near me?

btw, why wouldn't you just find something in the city to climb? I'm sure there's something you could scale like a badass.
>>
>>36210055
Melatonin and gaba doesn't seem to show much negative effects but same deal as stims, once you need them it's time to get off of them. Never let your body become reliant on any supplement of any kind. It means something's out of whack
>>
>>36210100
They are just as crazy and into their culture as crossfitters. I wouldn't recommend even trying for a climber bitch. Just bring a girl there as a "fun date" they get wet as fuck over that shit.

Also I don't want to fuck up and fall to my death. I'm dumb but I ain't that dumb.
>>
>>36210014

Im a pretty stubborn person so having to follow others routines was killing me. For me fulfillment is more about the journey more than the goal so i just had to start tinkering around and making things my own. Its funny my own routine is your routine and your friends routine...we are smart intuitive creatures we can figure out how to get some muscle on our own.

Anyway.

Maybe go in full steam for now and tone it down as you go. Thats what i did when i started this method.
>>
>>36210171
Ahh sorry to poke holes,
-Melatonin sucks almost to the point of placebo in clinical trials + it doesn't assist in falling asleep, rather its for regulating sleep cycles for staying asleep. Dem dreams doe... and,
-GABA doesn't cross the BBB and self-regulates itself so supplementation is useless when trying for a neurophysical effect, like relaxation. Glutamine does break into GABA, but at that point supplementing Glutamine is useless since its an excitatory ligand...

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I've let myself get a bit attached to a few substances before, so I know the drill about staying moderate.
>>
>>36210188
I'll take your word for it. Haha and yeah I bet they get wet as fuck, all that norepi and adrenaline running through them from fear of heights. Oh, and also that rock climber physique. That too.

My Russian friend showed me a video of some old ruskie who would climb cranes all the time, like search them out and climb them, just cause he liked doing that kinda thing. I was hoping you'd be the next
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.