[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT /fit/ Progress Feels >tfw 5x5 pullups are too easy, so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
ITT /fit/ Progress Feels

>tfw 5x5 pullups are too easy, so have to do weighted pullups
>>
>"wow son, you're getting big"
>>
>lost 10 lbs on cut
>lost it too fast, but managed to keep a good amount of strength
>15 more lbs away from being able to bulk again
>now have learned to cut slower and bulk slower as well

Can't wait to start bulking again and use what I learned to smash PRs
>>
>>36202946
>Working out has become the best part of my day
>Just squated 185
Feels good man
>>
>>36203009
Congrats, dude.

It's only a matter of time till some aspie comes and comments something like "lol 185 squat DYEL skeleton?" but pay them no mind.

You're now stronger than the average man and you'll only improve if you keep going.
>>
>>36203009
Keep it up breh

Before you know it you'll be hitting 3pl8
>>
I injured myself doing OHP a while back. Was pushing myself too hard, got frustrated, and twerked something. Had to drop from 115 lbs to 75 lbs.

Bought microplates, and now I'm at 116 lbs after six months.

Taking it slow, but this was the day I was looking forward to.
>>
How much progress is someone doing SL 5x5 going to see in 3 months of the routine + some accessories?
>>
>finally making up lost progress on DL and getting past 2pl8 for 5
>gonna get to 100 poon OHP 5x5 this week
>more form conscious and adding in mobility work helping recovery

I'm still a DYEL manlet sad cunt but it feels good to be getting somewhere again
>>
>>36202946
I can do 36 pullups in a row, all the way down all the way up.

Pussy
>>
>finally at 15kg working set dips so I can smack on a big yellow plate
>today i saw a 6/10 in the smith machine next to me mirin in the mirror

felt good man
>>
>>36203937
I count my pullups "one one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand" on the way up and on the way down. Try doing that 36 times in a row.

Pussy
>>
>meet douche freshman year
>he lifts
>I dont
>start lifting this year
>5 months
>I lift more than him now
>have gf
>he's talking to some 5/10 negro

feels fucking good mang
>>
>>36203009
Good job man, im in the same boat, feels good.

I shattered my knee and snapped my collarbone in a mountain biking accident 2 years ago. Now im in Uni and working out 5 days/week while living alone and eating clean. Yesterday was maybe one of the best days of my life.
> first time ever squatting 1pl8 x10
> qt asked what my hella gay victory dance was all about
> I was so happy my autism dissappeared and I actully talked for a bit
Her names Jessica, shes into Tolkein. Fuck guys this is living isnt it?
>>
>>36203009
185 Kilograms good job dude, thats just over 4pl8
>>
>>36203960
5s and 6s breh. That's where the bargain deals are.
>>
>Finally hit 2pl8 deadlift
>Went for 1x5, failed on 4th rep
>Going to hit it again today
>God willing I will lift that god damn weight
>>
>>36203009
Nice that is my OHP
>>
>>36202946
>i weigh 60kg and pullups are easy, better add another 10kg to make it challenging!
>>
>>36204006
And how many can you do puss puss?
>>
My bench is triple digits now and I actually use a barbell as opposed to dumbbells. Still need to eat more, I don't feel like I'm making any obvious gains except for my legs
>>
File: exalifting [10].png (85 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
exalifting [10].png
85 KB, 800x800
>fucking sloot
>can't stop feeling up my arms and back
>after round 3 go get some water
>see her watching me from the stairs
>ask her what's up
>"oh nothing, i was just admiring you"
>caughtyoumirin.jpg

I've almost made it anons, now I just need to upgrade from sluts and whores to wifey material, but I think that means dropping from 8/10s to 6-7/10s....
>>
>>36204587
You ran out of toilet paper and you grew a few muscles.
>>
File: Mr Clean.jpg (45 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Mr Clean.jpg
45 KB, 700x700
Started liftan roughly 3-4 months ago, during which the following happened (not in this particular order):

>mfw cut more than even before and can finally see my jaw
>mfw still able to put muscle on while on a drastic cut
>mfw people are split between a "congrats dude" group and another, much louder, "i dont think everything you put yourself through is healthy" group
>mfw all my time is split between college, gym, homework and sleep
>mfw i killed the party animal in me
>mfw people say I changed
>mfw I realised I am on the way to finding inner peace
>mfw started browsing /pol/ and turned full natsoc but that's kind of another story.

Btw I found out what the best compliment for natties is: "You must be roiding no way this progress is unassisted chemically."
>mfw i never drank a scoop of whey in my life
>>
>>36204587
Well...the lighting changed? That's all I can see. Any apparent muscle definition you "gained" is just shadows under the muscle from less lighting. You look exactly the same, and you should. There will never be noticeable gains in a month.

>Full body 4x a week

Just don't. Read the sticky. Give your muscles time to recover or you're just wasting your time.
>>
>>36204587
start doing PPL
>>
>>36204587
Progress pics on fit should be 3 months apart unless miracles happened. Otherwise shit like >>36204659 >>36204635 (and oh so many more to come) will happen. Like one of the aforementioned suggestions, pick a routine with more off-time for muscle groups, like PPL or some shit. Find something to work around your schedule. I personally train 1group/day and hit the gym as often as possible
>>
>>36204645

>/pol/
>/inner peace

pick one.
>>
>>36204712
You can pretend you've gained muscle if you want. You haven't, but that's beside the point.

Regardless, full body 4x a week is terrible. Your muscles take longer than 1 day to recover. Give each muscle group at LEAST 3-5 days to recover or you're just throwing gains out the window.
>>
>>36204753

well i have but ok

and thx for the adv. ur right i prolly shouldnt do so much, im just not going to class rn (waiting to study abroad) so i dont have much to do and just want to spend as much time at the gym as possible haha
>>
File: 1454434589425.png (32 KB, 405x371) Image search: [Google]
1454434589425.png
32 KB, 405x371
>>36204726
Yes, friend. It taught me that whatever fucked up things happen in the world, they are so god damn well planed that 99.999999% of the time you can't do shit. Oddly enough, it turned me into a well read person who now understands the basics of the political spectrum, economics, the middle east's cultural climate, history, religion history, etc. Casting aside the board's innate edginess, there's plenty of shit to learn. /pol/ is better than newspapers on some issues, because anons are quick to collect stories from a gorillion different websites.
>>
>>36204786
The dude that suggested PPL is on the right track. PPL stands for "push, pull, legs".

Push = any kind of press like bench, overhead press, etc. Pull = pullups, rows, etc. Legs = well, legs. Your week, MTWTFSS would look like PPLPPLX where X=rest. The idea is that while you're working one muscle group, the others are resting.

Google a good one that fits your gym's equipment and stick with that IMO. Also make sure to eat a shitload of protein and and slightly more food than you're currently used it.
>>
I feel so great I can do 1pl8 OHP now. It's the only workout I can bust out pretty effortlessly that makes my DYEL friends think I'm the fucking hulk. Now I gotta work to get 2pl8 bench.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1080x1059) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1080x1059
I started rock climbing with my sister and realized for the first time in my life it was helping to relieve my awful back pain. Sometimes I'd be in tears from a 9-10 hour shift because I couldn't find any relief.. So recently I've started working out my arms/back and doing cardio. Next step is to create a leg routine. I've been doing squats but now researching online what kind of exercises to incorporate into my routine.. Keep being awesome, all : )
>>
>>36202946
5x5 pullups....
fucking retard detected
>>
>>36205555
Not OP, but if you're doing them very slowly while squeezing your shoulder blades together, 5x5 is perfectly fine. Time under tension, breh.

What would you suggest other than 5x5 and why?
>>
>>36204068
fucking kek'd!!!
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.