[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Do I Stop Procrastinating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
>>
>>36196520
Get off 4(four)chan
>>
Delete 4chan from your search history so it's never just one click away. Delete your Youtube and reddit accounts, because if you're such a huge faggot that cant control his urges you're probably on those sites. Then quit 4chan for ever and ever. In fact Im quitting right now so you wont be alone

Au revoir faggots.
>>
YouTube honestly helps keep me motivated. Follow some strong motherfuckers and I guarantee when you see what hard work does for them you'll want to get off your ass and do something about it.
>>
>>36196520
Condition yourself? Once you're not lazy, search for people who work hard. Hard work is contagious.

Idk here's a sciency youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmHzqwSP0uEHwzCeDzomNsg/videos
>>
>>36196543
Okay, see you tomorrow.
>>
>>36196543
I'm quitting with you. See ya in two weeks.
>>
>>36196520
Whenever I think "Ehh, Ill do it later" I remind myself that I should put off putting it off and just do it. Double negatives are great.
>>
>>36196885

Exactly this.
Also, a cold shower helps.
Whenever I think "I'll do it later", I go to the bathroom, put on cold water and splash my head. Helps.
>>
>>36196520
>wake up at 5 am to reread my exam material
>havent touched the book still
>its raining outside so start thinking about skipping the exam alltogether
JUST
>>
Seriously just get on adderall, it's so easy. Tell your doctor you can't focus, give examples like nearly driving off the road because you zoned out, it took you longer than it should have to read or write something for school or work, you can never focus on one thing long enough, etc. It was true for me but still so easy
>>
If you are a male, something that helps me do things I don't want to do is remembering that "being a man means doing things you don't want to do, even when you really don't want to do them". That's one of the biggest difference between being a child and being a man. Then I feel good while doing that thing I didn't want to do because it makes me feel like I am operating in my masculine andbecoming more adapted to being a man all the time. This is important to me because I was never raised around any male figures.
>>
>>36198122
this is me except I'd get up 30 minutes before I have to leave for the exam to read the material for the first time during breakfast/shitposting
>>
>>36198090
This and a good night's sleep do wonders for concentration.
>>
>>36196543
>having a reddit account

wow this place went to shit
>>
>>36196520
Until you hit rock bottom you will still procrastinate the only reason you procrastinate is because you dont understand the importance of the task given to you. Unless you fuck up in life where you cannot fail you will stop procrastinating
My motto is
You can teach someone how to work hard
>>
First ask yourself, are you really harming yourself by procrastinating? Most of the time you'll be fine by putting it off until later.

Seriously, do you really NEED to go to the gym tonight? You've been going for so many years, one day off won't make much difference. Studying? Does it really matter? You probably know the stuff, and if you don't, you can always resit.
>>
>>36196543
This advice is stupid as fuck. Delete your youtube account? I have years of memories attached to that account, all my favourited videos and channels I've subscribed to. Why the fuck would I want to delete that? Plus it's not like you even need an account to use youtube anyway.

Never listen to these absolutist spastics. These are the same people who foam at the mouth whenever anyone opens a bottle of beer. Almost all of my memories are online ones, and I feel that I've lived a very fulfilled life.
>>
>>36199799
Good luck being irrelevant.
>>
>>36196520

I've experienced true procrestination for the first time not so long ago and just so you know, what you feel is not a procrastination.

You procrastinate with stuff when you are afraid of the possibility of failure in your endeavor and are postponing doing stuff because of that fear.

Alternitively you want to do several different things at the same time and are choosing to do nothing instead so that you won't make that choice.

Your "procrastination" is most likely you not wanting to get to the studies that in reality you don't give a flying fuck about beyond "i'm supposed to do that" and are surprised that you actually don't want to do that.

So yeah get high on stuff or will through it, you can also try lobotomy, get into a religious cult that has studies as a epitome of it's spiritual practise or try and convince yourself that you don't need happiness or having fun or even money, all that you need is follow the shit that someone else told you.

You can also try asking yourself what you really want to do and try to determine the answers from emotional responses that you will receive, but that is what fags do, right ? Real men are all about whining and self denial and hating on themselves and calling themselves lazy and fighting through because that works so so well.
>>
Might sound autistic, but I have a text document on my desktop that is named "READ ME EVERY DAY" and I made it a habit to read it every single day.

It contains a to do list and several questions and statements that help me get motivated.
Examples:

-think of person X, Y, Z (people I look up to)

-if you had to walk shirtless around in the park right now would you feel good or uncomfortable? not good? then get to the gym.

-where do you want to be next year? How much of this have you achieved so far (followed by list of things)

-A reminder that it's hard to get up your ass but worth in the end and enjoyable once it is a habit

-I bet you plan to surf or play vidya now. Will this improve your life in any way? No? Why not do this instead (list with shit i have to do or could do)

Helps a LOT. I always forget my motivations or just refuse to think of them and go "fuck it, lets watch an episode of XY", but when you spell it out like that and read it it is like someone else talking to you convincing you to get off your ass.

Try it.
>>
>>36196520
Procrastination occurs to people without real goals. I used to procrastinate a ton before I decided what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
But old habits die hard and its hard to make that change.
You have to start working little by little each day and try to increase the amount of time you spend working each day. When you do this, you get a realization of what it takes to complete the work with absolute confidence in understanding whatever topics it is you are working on. And when this realization takes place, you start getting this anxious feeling of wanting to work on it early to try to get the best result out of it. This anxious feeling is what gets rid of procrastination and this is only attainable by working early on whatever it is you have to complete.
Its hard and I slip up and procrastinate from time to time but that anxiety is still there which causes me for the most part to not procrastinate.
>>
File: 1453086276347.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1453086276347.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>36200000
Checked
>>
>>36199799
Agreed. It's not the fault of the website, but rather the lack of moderation on the user's behalf. Everything must be taken in moderation, especially this website.
>>
>>36200000
Checked
>>
File: dubs fellow.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dubs fellow.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>36200000
>>
File: wew dubs.webm (1 MB, 959x720) Image search: [Google]
wew dubs.webm
1 MB, 959x720
>>36200000
repeating digits of truth
>>
>>36200000

:O
>>
>>36200000

>before I decided what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

How did you do that if you don't mind me asking ? What was your internal process of choosing ?
>>
>>36200200
Money money money money.
After going on vacation and seeing my cousins with families, a nice house, and being able to pay for everything and anything, I decided that I want this lifestyle. The career I chose was based off what I could do with the degree im working towards and the average salary.
>>
>>36200000
This desu. Once you have a goal, something that you REALLY want, then procrastination stops.
>>
>>36200000
Quints of truth
>>
>close 4chan
>do it
>>
File: 1422825974274.png (244 KB, 430x428) Image search: [Google]
1422825974274.png
244 KB, 430x428
>>36196543
lol silly anon. You can't leave 4chan.
You're here 4ever!
>>
>>36200000
Well said.
>>
File: 1438730161474.jpg (76 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1438730161474.jpg
76 KB, 960x960
>>36198660
you're not a man because you're only doing those things because it makes you feel good.
>>
>>36199843
nah, you definitely have autism. not in an insulting way, but the actual mental condition
>>
>>36200899
Yeah nah I don't.
What makes you say I have it?
>>
No memes intended but just do it.
When you're thinking about do something and you know you could be doing a task that in the long run can get you closer why put it off? Do it as soon as possible. Then keep doing it until it's second nature.
>>
>>36200928
He thinks planning and having goals means you have autism, he'd prefer you sit at home and play with your willy like he does so he doesn't feel bad about himself
>>
>>36196543
But you're here forever friend : )
>>
> disipline
>>
>>36199833
So what did you do about it?
>>
>>36201941

I'm still in the middle of it, but basically lots of journaling trying to figure out what I'm feeling and why, reading on shame (daring greatly) and other stuff, watching some spirituality acceptance video shit (tael swan), applying growth mindset, allowing vulnerability, being okay with the unknown and lots of ther stuff.

You will reject this stuff at first but try to figure out why the authors think what they think and make a contemplated rejection if it's something that you will decide on and not an impulsive one.

It's a long and complex process but it figures considering that all of your life you were probably told not to follow your feelings.

All of this is only if you are in a state of suffering though, if you are fine just roll with it because self-discovery can bring you to a lot of different dark places some of which I still don't fully understand and accept myself.

Good luck.
>>
>>36199833
i know this feel

>>36202101
i managed to make my way through it too after struggling with depression for three years, im top of my class now and in decent shape

what helped for me was teaching myself discipline again, fortunately my parents are pretty good and pulled me out of college and forced me to work a shit job for a year until i could afford to pay for college myself (so i was no longer leeching off them completely) which made me finally man up and face reality

really i think that's the epitome of motivation, knowing what complete and absolute horror working a soulcrushing job for 40+ years would be
>>
>>36196567
Any examples?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.