[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>25 years old >2m tall >younger brother and father have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: oh2.jpg (318 KB, 745x695) Image search: [Google]
oh2.jpg
318 KB, 745x695
>25 years old
>2m tall
>younger brother and father have great beard
What is wrong with me? Is there any chance I can have a beard in future?
>>
>>36192653
>asking /fit/ to predict the future
>asking /fit/ for any advice at all

yer but no
>>
>>36192653

Monoxidil bro. It is a steroid for your face
>>
>>36192678
lol dont even add that shit to your face.
Unlike your scalp, your face absorbs that into your blood.
Minoxidil was used for people with heart conditions, where monoxidil widens the arteries to the heart.
You dont really need that.
>>
>>36192653
>>36192678
What he said. You can try using it. You'll have to apply daily for three months at least. It does active your hair follicles and unlike with hair once the bear follicles have been activated their is no hormone imbalance that shuts them off like with your hair.
It will dry your skin out since there's alcohol in the foam.
It varies from person to person how long it takes, some only get a few hairs after long ones.
Most important factor is that you need to do it daily.
This is the only legit, science backes up product that can help you. Everything else is snake oil scam shit.
>>
>>36192653
You inherited the shit tier genetics
>>
>>36192712
Shut the fuck up. If you're going to attack his arguement then back up your claim. Otherwise fuck off.
And before you start whining that he didn't provide a source then OP did not ask. He was simply letting him know about a test proven product that activates hair follicles at that area. If you want to argue against that statement then provide a science based article that backs up your theory.
Protip: You can't.
>>
>>36192718
Not OP
I'd be willing to try this out but will it fuck up any of my lifts and shit.

The only thing that is genetically weak in my family is the kidneys I think. But heart and all that is good to go.

Tell me whats up bruv, pros outweigh the cons?
>>
>>36192755
It will hot.
It's a alcoholic foam with some shit that I don't remember the name of. Just google Minoxodil or Rogaine. They are absorbed into your skin, if you have an open wound then it can get into your bloodstream. All that does is transfere this product all over your body so you might get more hair on your back, ass, legs, arms, shoulders. Really wherever dormant hair follicles reside.
>>
>>36192653

who cares about fucking beards man, they are literally chin fedoras. Shave it clean, way easier to maintain, no itching.
Girls will not hop on your dick because you have a beard
>>
OP here. Thanks for the help and advices. Definitely gonna check out Monoxidil.

>>36192712
Gonna keep that in mind and read about it.
>>
File: ih5els.gif (3 MB, 280x249) Image search: [Google]
ih5els.gif
3 MB, 280x249
>>36192712

so youre telling me i'll get heart gains?
>>
>>36192653
>>36192678
Been on minox for my beard for 2 months. i've made fantastic gains, the people who've done it only recommend using it for 3 months though. still only after two months i've gained so many new follicles it's insane. both my female roommates comment that it looks so much darker and fuller. fucking do it OP. a 6 month supply on amazon is less than 30 bucks.
>>
>>36192795
>>36192834

Any longterm effects? I want a nice beard but not heart cancer at 40.

I'm 18 so might have some growing to do and have literally not hair on my face apart from upper lip and shit barely.

Notice anything while lifting? I'm funny about putting shit in my body that isn't natty basically
>>
Buy an electric shaver or a hair clipper (I use a hair clipper). Use it on the whole of your face where you would have a beard. Cut even the thinnest, shortest hairs. Eventually they will start growing back thicker and darker. At least that's what happened with me.
>>
>>36192822
If you have an open wound it can get into your bloodstream. All that does is it could give you hairs elsewhere on your body where you did not apply the foam.
If you have no open wound, then it is impossible for it to get into your bloodstream.
Mr. Fagboy there doesn't understand at all how it works.
>>
>>36192869
But your skin absorbs into the bloodstream?
>>
>>36192712
So my blood vessels gets bigger?
Isn't that a good thing?
>>
>>36192884
It's alcohol, if you apply rubbing alcohol its absorbs into your skin. However, for it to get into your bloodstream and go ALL OVER YOUR BODY it needs to be applied to an opening. Same way people cut the piece of shit between their toes and put a cotton ball of alcohol in between to get super drunk.
Doesn't work if there is no wound tho ;)
The alcohol just allows the Minoxidil to come into contact with your hair follicles where it opens them up so that hair my once again or for the first time blossom in the deep nether of your beautiful skin.
>>
For all those too dumb to use google.

>Rarely, this medication can be absorbed through the skin and cause side effects. Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: unwanted facial/body hair, dizziness, fast/irregular heartbeat, fainting, chest pain, swelling of hands/feet, unusual weight gain, tiredness, difficulty breathing especially when lying down.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-3503/minoxidil-topical/details#side-effects
>>
>>36192754
What proof do i need to give?
It's fucking minoxidil, that's what it was made for and that's what it fucking does.
You can just type minoxidil into google, and it will tell you.
Dont roid out on me lmao
>>
>>36193060
It's also not FDA approved to rub all over your face

I want to try it to give me some hair gains but fuck
>>
>>36193078
You're a god damn moron.
Read
>>36193060
Then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>36192985
from what little i understand about anatomy it would lead me to believe this causes blood clots and higher blood pressure
>>
>>36193093
*TOPICAL
>RIP
>>
>>36193113
It does not cause any of that.
This is an ALCOHOL based foam.
This is NOT a pill that you take.
There is a huge difference.
If you have high blood pressure then you can be prescribed Minoxidil that you take ORALLY.
If you have baldness issues you can take Minoxidil with alcohol FOAM that absorbs it into your skin. Unless your skin is fucked up from cuts, sunburn or anything like that it can be absorbed into your bloodstream and act give you side effects.
If you are 40+ that can be disruptive. If you are a healthy 20+ then it shouldn't fuck you up at all. The alcohol you drink on weekends, cigarettes, tanbeds, excessive amount of workout supplements are more dangerous then this.
>>
Test personally blew my facial and bodily hair the fuck up
>>
that's embarrassing please shave
>>
just watched some videos on yt from before/after minoxidil beard gains,so tempted to do it,but from those heart side effects no ty
>>
>>36193166
Oh wise guru, if I started using it and got increase facial hair, what about shaving. Since the likelyhood is I'll be getting ratty facial hair at first
>>
>>36193166
na i was saying what i thought bigger blood vessels would implicate. thanks for the info though
>>
>>36193150
Are you a legit retard?
The fact that Minoxidil use on hair is in topical form was always a known fact.
You illiterate fuck.
>>
>>36193202
What about shaving?
If your afraid you'll cut your self just use a trimmer.
>>
>>36193229
If I keep shaving, will my facial hair get progressively, thicker etc while shaving. For example, if I wanted to grow facial hair now, I got shitty weak blondish facial hair, but if i used Minoxidil, It would make facial hair grow, so If I shave will it still make gains underneeth the skin?
>>
>>36193252
>will my facial hair get progressively, thicker etc while shaving

No
>>
>>36193209
And before you whine more.
Please understand that Topical can mean many things.
From lotion, cream, ointment, foam, etc.
They all work differently and some do indeed get into your circulation, however. Foam based products have not been shown to cause that effect unless there is something unusual going on with the skin. Such as a cut.
>>
>>36193258
Ok, so I'll trim it down to a stubble then, then it should progressively grow all over
>>
>>36193258
Yes it will.
Seriously I don't have time for this stupidity.
You can read up on how hair follicles work.
>Protip they don't all work the same ;) ;) ;)
Also when you do cut them they do grow stronger then they did at first.
Think of it like this, you have a unibrow. And you pluck it so it doesn't make you look disgusting. However the hair grows back a bit thicker when you do. Then you hear of laser treatment, which destroys the follicles entirely. However since you've been plucking it is harder to destroy since the base is thicker.
If you hadn't plucked the hairs would be very fine and wouldn't be much problem destroying.
Just look it up on your own. It's your body, and if you want to believe some random on a fucking anime imageboard instead of taking 15min to read up on the subject then so be it.
>>
>>36192854
Aside from permanent new hair on face, no not really. If you don't apply it right, or apply it too soon before bed and end up rolling around on your pillow you could get some hair growing on a part of your face you didn't intend. Just be strict and consistent about it and it'll work out great.
>>
>>36193316
hair growing back thicker is a myth
>>
>>36193316
No
>>
>>36193316
it only looks thicker because the razor cuts it at an angle. then as it grows the full hair becomes exposed giving the illusion of thicker hair
>>
How do I apply the foam? And when? Do I need gloves or some shit
>>
>19, can grow full, dark neckbeard, some on dark hair on cheeks that is constantly growing thicker, grow a thin blonde mustache that is slowly getting thicker and thicker
>I figure by my mid 20s I'll have a pretty decent beard so I never cared for any of these snakeoil beard growth stuff
>turns out my brother has a huge supply of minox he bought and forgot to use and says I can giver

I'm going to give it a shot and use it twice a day and see what happens. If I don't see any noticeable improvements by the 15th of March, I'll probably just stop using it. It'd be pretty sick
>>
>>36193553
Also, what the hell is up with body hair just being all different colors

>head hair platinum blonde
>eyebrows are sort of dirty blonde
>mustache is blonde
>sideburns grow black, there's literally a line where it goes from platinum blonde to black all of a sudden
>neckbeard grows black
>arm pit hair grows blonde
>pubes are dark brown
>leg and arm hair black

what the fuck genetics. makes me wonder if it's even worth it to bother growing a beard, most people already think I dye my hair blonde
>>
>>36193636
You most likely absorbed a sibling or two in utero, which can give you a multitude of physical features throughout your body.
>>
Why not do what balding dudes do and wear a hat? A hat on your beard. Under head hats, it's the next big thing!
>>
Looking around online and Minoxidil seems to be available as either a foam or solution.

Is there any difference between them results wise? Anyone recommend one over the other?
>>
File: beard.jpg (81 KB, 2000x1335) Image search: [Google]
beard.jpg
81 KB, 2000x1335
idk what you guys are talking about itt. op is so fucking far away from a beard.

op, just stay clean shaved. you're not in the club.
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 817x956) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 817x956
>20 years old
>this is all I can grow.
>>
>>36192678
Minoxodil only works on activated hair follicles for the most part, so those vellus hairs all over his cheeks and sideburns area likely wont see any benefit.
>>
>>36194290
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>36192653
>No full beard
>Only grow goatee and a little moustache

Mongolian throwback genes my blood brother. You are quite likely descended from Ghengis Khan.
>>
>>36193405
It isn't. I started shaving the fluff above my lip in 2007 (27 years old, I wanted a stash like Altair so kill me) and it all grew back thicker and darker each time. Now I have an actual visible moustache.
>>
>>36192653
Keep shaving it op. Shave against the grain. I have the exact same pattern as you and it worked for me.

If you dont shave the fluff in your early teen years this is how you end up. Never too late to start though.
>>
>>36194414
It's because when you shave you cut the pointed tip of the hair off, giving the strand a thicker appearance and allow developing hairs time to catch up to current ones.
It doesn't stimulate growth but it is definitely beneficial.
When growing a beard you should grow it for a month or so and then shave it to 3mm or so all round, then shave it all to 5mm and so on until it is all a uniform length and thickness and then worry about length.
>>
>>36194290
trappy pls
>>
>>36192653
Try lifting, the natural test boost and increased protein from proper dieting will accelerate the growth of Keratin and grow your hair faster head and body
>>
>>36192653
OP LISTEN TO ME. IMPORTANT.
Put Propecia lotion on your beard. Yes I know it's for balding fucks. But if you put it on your beard it'll have even more of an effect. It increases hair growth anywhere. You want a beard? Put Propecia on it.
>>
>>36194220

this. accept it OP. I have. once you do, you'll stop spending so much time thinking about it and enjoy the features you do have.
>>
>>36194616
How long does this stuff last and will it need to always be reapplied ?
>>
>>36194813
twice a day
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.